Ex Ch 14 – Killing flies with a cannon
324 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s alive! It’s ALIVE!”

Delirious shouts come from the cluttered room. The most notable elements are the glass containers full of mysterious liquids and disgusting body parts, and the cables connecting creepy contraptions with bloodied machines.

From time to time, lightning courses through the cables, briefly illuminating a small area.

A disfigured shadow reflects on the wall, its arms raised up high, laughing. At first glance, it seems humanoid… until you realize it’s impossible for a human to have a head like that.

“Finally, I did it! I’m sure this time will work! Come on, my newest creation. There’s a job you must fulfill.”

The man starts walking, the shadow disappearing from sight.

Following him, another shadow starts moving too. A shadow so large that, before moving, anyone would think it was part of the room itself.

The deformed humanoid appears from the right side of the screen, alternating between chuckling and talking to himself.

“Hahaha! This time… I’ll show you! Fufufu! Hahaha! Today, finally! I’ll finally force you to your inexistent knees, as I promised that dreadful day! Hahaha!”

As his shadow anticipated, this isn’t a normal human. A grotesque rat-like head, the same size as a human’s head but with the snout, fur, ears, and repugnant appearance of a rat. Glowing red eyes, drool dripping from its open mouth. From the black claws, a corrupted-like substance, releasing dark smoke tendrils, extends until it reaches the elbows.

Whoever created such a monstrosity must be as crazy, if not worse, than the creature itself.

Impatient, the man stops and turns around, stomping his feet on the ground a few times. “Hey, why are you so slow? Can’t you see I’m trying to achieve something important!?”

A two-meter-tall turtle head appears from the right, walking slowly until the turtle reaches its creator. Its size isn’t the only unusual part of it, as it also has purple spots all over its body including the shell, and a mushroom on top of its shell.

*Ugyaaaaaaah!*

At the same time the man is about to pat the turtle’s head, a horrifying scream makes him jump in fright.

“I-i-i-it’s c-c-coming… It’s coming!” He panics. But then, he remembers he’s right next to  the turtle and starts laughing again. “Ahaha, what am I afraid of? T-t-there’s no w-way we can lose t-t-this!”

Like a broken doll, he turns around to look in the direction the scream came from. His legs trembling so much it’s incredible he doesn’t fall to the ground.

“D-d-don’t wo-worry. E-e-everything will be f-f-fine.”

The man stays there, squeezing his eyes, waiting for something.

“Not yet… not yet… Now! Shoot!”

At his order, the turtle opens its mouth, and a light beam shoots from it.

“I-is it, d-d-dead…? N-no, it isn’t! Shoot! Shoot! Shoooooooot!”

The man screams orders like a madman, pointing at something in the air, and the turtle fires two more light beams in that direction.

When the dust settles, the man falls to his butt, denying what’s happening. “I-it’s, it’s impossible… Ho-how, how can it still be alive…?”

The man scrambles away in a very undignified posture, running in the same direction he came from.

“Y-you’ll never get to me! N-next time! Next time, I’ll surely win! Fufufu! Hahaha! Just wait and see! My revenge will be LEGENDARY!”

The man’s voice fades away at the same time a weird space distortion settles on top of the turtle’s head. Color slowly drains from the turtle until it collapses, dead. Then, the small distortion starts moving again, in the same direction the disgusting humanoid ran away.

 

This was yet another failure of the Mad Rat to eliminate his first and worst mistake: the Death Butterfly, which continued to haunt him to that day.

The followers of the ‘It’s alive! It’s alive!’ video series were eagerly awaiting the time when the Death Butterfly would finally be defeated. Though, in fact, they didn’t mind if the Mad Rat never got rid of it. Regardless of the outcome, it was funny to watch his new creations.

For now, I'll give you this extra chapter. I hope you enjoy it! I'll upload the next chapter sometime later.

19