002 – Fears
2.5k 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was the human starting class? If this class was truly the best one to define the human race on this world, I'm truly worried.

In my previous world slavery was something banished and outright illegal in more countries than not, it was dark mark on the humanity history.

With the passage of time the people started to forget how bad these times are and slavery became a trend among novels. I can't say that these novels didn't disturbed my perceptions about the concept.

In these novels slavery was often portrayed as something good, something that allowed the main character to quickly find a loyal and long lasting companion. It was sometimes also portrayed as a good thing when the slave fond the protagonist, supposedly a good owner.

Even if I have the influence of these novels in my mind, I have still the basic understanding that slavery should be something bad. If such concept was basically the definition of a entire race, I have all rights to be worried for my future on this world.

I think that if the human race degenerated to the point that slavery was something that defined them among the other races, the society that was using such thoughts as the foundation was even more worrisome.

A society with slavery as foundation only had a few paths, the tyranny and the conquest. On the first path the humanity abuse their natural powers to enslave any other race and degraded them to lesser species.

This wasn't far alway from a human supremacist society and one where all other races are either mortal enemies or completely enslaved by humans. This wasn't the sight I want to see in this new world, I wanted to see something beautiful.  

A good place to live the rest of my life. Sadly, not everything are roses.

The other option was that the humanity started a continental war for conquest, like the two european nations, and like the two countries, face heavy punishments by all the surrounding countries.

Both are possible paths because the humanity had already proved that they're capable of doing it. Many wars have already been fought over racial dominance or equality, even more will be fought in the future.

This only prove how the human natural was to think itself superior to something different. 

War for conquest are even more easily seen on my previous world, wars are fought daily for territory in many pieces of the world. 

Humanity is completely capable of doing any of the two.

Shaking myself from these grim thoughts and choosing to leave it for when I find actual human civilization, I continue analyzing my status.

——————————————————

Empty 

A Empty slot to fill with a class.

——————————————————

Wait, this means that I can gave up to seven classes when I complete this? I don't think that this is common practice. 

If my hypothesis until now as right and I'm truly a other worlder in this is truly the ideal fantasy world that many of my kin ever dreamed about, wasn't this my cheat power? Isn't this the proof that I'm the protagonist of this story? 

"Hahahaha Haha. " I stopped my deep thinking to release a mad laughter streak, my laughter was loud and I didn't controlled it actively. It was a bit shameful to say that I actually started to laugh because of my own disillusion.

Even if this was the waited fantasy world where I hoped to came during all my adolescence and I actually have a cheat power, nothing make sure that I'm the protagonist of this story. 

I have seen plenty of novels that portrayed other people with cheat powers, many times they're the true antagonist others not. 

The important thing is, I actually have a cheat power. No matter my actual role on this story, I should just live my live like u think it would be the best.

The first step was to actually find my way out of this forest. Second step find a stable income. Third step, find out later.

The first step was already hard enough as I have no knowledge about how to navigate myself inside a forest. Of course, there are many books that told about protagonists who moved flawless inside a forest, loads of crap. 

Walking inside a forest was much harder than I initially thought it would be, my feet are hurt because of hidden rocks, the many plants inside the forest are suspicious to said the last and the insect are creepy.

My only solace was when I luckily found a empty and usable water fountain, at least that was what I thought it would be. 

When I found the water pool my first thought was about rushing it like a crazy man. At this time I was already wandering through these woods for more than a few hours and my thirty was at peak.

I actually thought to be walking in circles for some time.

This water pool was completely empty,  no living beings was near it, nothing that I could detect anyway.

Without even thinking about for a second I made a run for it and put my mouth inside the water, not even suspecting it to be poisonous for even a second.

It was completely possible that it was poisonous, there are signs that it was. There was no animal anywhere near this pond and this can only mean two things, it was poisonous or that it was territory of something untouchable.

I would be lucky if it was the first option.

While I was with my mouth inside the water, I found a large shape at the other side of this pool.

It was a two meters long boar, it was bigger than anything I have ever seen like before. The red fur that protected the body looked like iron strings that coated the whole body, save for the snout and the eyes. 

The feet alone are on the size of my head and tusks the size of my forearm hanging out it's lips. It was a fearsome beast that surpassed my initial expectations of this world.

That was when I understood it. The pool was empty because it was territory of this behemoth.

The beast looked at me with naked underestimation, it circled around the pound still maintaining eye contact with me.

That was when I under that my life was truly in risk and that I really could die by this thing's fangs.

Breaking eye contact I madly searched for the Nameless Sword, I had threw it away during my mad rush and now this was coming back to haunt me.

Foolish action, even if made unconsciously.

When I broke visual contact the beast sensed my intentions and hurried the steps to reach close to me, luckily the beast wasn't made to do curves. It was still delaying a bit during the curves of the pool and even with all the natural strength the beast had, it wasn't enough to reach me before I reached the sword.

Now it was the perfect moment to use the fourth skill I put on this sword, Long Range. I took the sword out of the scabbard and new knowledge appeared on my mind about how to use the skills. 

It was easy in fact, all skills are passives. That being the case I don't need to spend time trying to activate them. Even the Long Range skill only required me to slash like I normally would, just that it reached farther than the blade.

Such simple thing.

The boar was still almost ten meters to my right, it was still in diagonal position to me and wasn't in condition to rush at me. I used this opportunity to slash it.

Surprisingly it marked the red fur more than I expected, it didn't make the boar happy thought.

It left the boar fuming in madness, literally fuming.

The boar started to emit a ominous mist and the body started to become redder than was already before. I feared for a berserk state, it would truly do me no good if it had a berserk state.

In my fear I started to slash it left and right without even trying to thing about it, fear of a unstoppable danger coming to me.

While the boar was changing from the natural red to a blood red, that I could or not be caused by my slashes, I was trying to find a solution to my new problem of a mad boar charging to me.

That was when I remembered that I'm in a fantasy world, skills are real here and I have some that may be usable in this circumstances.

It was the Slave User only offensive skill, I only remembered it now because this description strikes me as peculiar. 

It was my only offensive skill and the only thing that may help me kill this beast.

I took a breath and moved the Nameless Sword, this time with [ Punishment ] active.

The results are something different from my expectations the boar had its head slice clean mid charge.

The bead fell off and the body crashed on the ground with a loud sound.

My mouth opened with the sight.

——————————

If you have any questions or suggestions to do, please leave on the comments.

English isn't my first language so I'm open to corrections. Please help me to find any error. 

18