003 – Hero
2.3k 14 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mouth continued open for some time, still not believing that I sliced the head off the board with my own sword.

This was my first time seeing this gruesome sight, the blood leaving from the neck of the fallen beast.

My stomach churned at this sight but I could endure it. Even worse than this sight was the thought that even worse could have happened to me if had I not used the skill on that last second.

The beast was already three meters from me after all.

Shaking off my stupor, I remember the sound that I heard when killed the beast. It was like a cellphone notification, something that I shouldn't be able to hear in this world.

Maybe if someone else was summoned here with a smartphone.

Shaking idiot thought off my head I try to see my status page, but something else waited me here.

Hero Class unlocked. 

Commoner is now 2.

Commoner is now 3.

Commoner is now 4.

Commoner is now 5.

Farmer Class unlocked. 

Apprentice Artist Class unlocked.

Apprentice Prostitute Class unlocked.

Apprentice Fisherman Class unlocked 

Apprentice Warrior Class unlocked.

Commoner is now 6.

Commoner is now 7.

Commoner is now 8.

Commoner is now 9

Slave User is now 2.

Slave User is now 3

Slave User is now 4

It was a unexpected notification barrage, something I should have expected. If commoner was actually a beginner class like it said, it should be common to level fast.

Even faster if I confronted such strong beast like the boar.

On the total I gained eleven levels from this fight, it was a bigger reward than I was expecting for such rushed encounter. This only confirmed my theory about the strength this boar had inside it, even more about the hidden strength of Nameless Sword.

What made me more interested instead wasn't the many levels but that there wasn't a notification about a new skill gain, I should assume that this wasn't a system where you gain skills as you level up.

It was a sad thing but not wholly unheard off, it would be good to not need practice and became good at doing something.

The other thing that called my attention are the unlocked classes, Apprentice Artist, Apprentice Prostitute Apprentice Fisherman, Farmer and Apprentice Warrior are all normal classes, wrong even weaker than normal classes.

But why there was a anomaly like Hero Among my common classes ?

" Status Open "

——————————————————

Birch; Human; Male; 17

Commoner 9; Slave User 4; Hero 1; Farmer 1; Apprentice Artist 1; Apprentice Prostitute 1; Apprentice Fisherman 1

——————

Strength - 25(13+6+2+1+1+1+1)

Constitution - 25( 13+6+2+1+1+1+1)

Agility - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Endurance - 25(13+6+2+1+1+1+1)

Spirit - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Willpower - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Soul - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Charisma - 25(9+8+2+1+2+2+1)

Luck - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

——————

Job History: Apprentice Warrior 1

——————————————————

Hero

Constitution Boost Low

Strength Boost Low

Agility Boost Low

Endurance Boost Low

Willpower Boost Low

Spirit Boost Low

Soul Boost Low 

Charisma Boost Low 

Luck Boost Low

Critical Hit 

Big Inventory 

Heroic Strike 

Heroic Aura

Blink

People Analysis

Class Requirements - Kill a level 11 or higher beast while Commoner 1.

Description - A exceptional being, this class was for someone that could do a unfeasible feat and proved themself above the norm.

——————————————————

Big Inventory 

This skill allow the user to store items in a separated space, the space can store up to 120m³.

——————————————————

Blink 

This skill allow the user teleport in a short range.

——————————————————

Critical Hit

This skill gives the possibility of  randomly unleashing a strike above the norm. 

——————————————————

Heroic Aura

This skill create a aura that inspires confidence and interest in amiable beings. The aura also instil fear and repulsion inside hostile beings.

——————————————————

Heroic Strike 

This skill allow the user to release a attack using all strength left in the user, the user collapse after using it. 

——————————————————

People Analysis

This skill allow the user to discern basic information about the target.

——————————————————

All right, Hero is broken. It was what one should expect of a class named Hero and described as the proof of your superiority over the others.

I'm not superior to the other thought, I only have a incredibly powerful sword.

To begin with, Critical Hit was truly something that was broken. Even if the activation rate was only of one percent, there still is a chance of turning the fight in only one strike.

Big Inventory is what I believe to be the normal skill possessed by every protagonist, the space storage. It was really a basic skill that was easily get by protagonists but incredible hard for everyone else. Luckily I got it pretty early.

Heroic Aura was already beginning to feel like a cheat, it was basically a skill that helped me to befriend new people. Anyone that have good feelings for me will feel better in turn and whoever had bad intentions will feel fear. It was a very good skill to have.

Heroic Strike was already a complete cheat skilll. It'll be using all my resources to deal a decisive and overpowered strike. Broken, Nothing else need to be said about it.

Blink and People Analysis would both be extremely useful skill to have once I reach civilization. As I don't have any money with me, I suppose that it would be necessary to teleport inside the city, in case of a fee being necessary to enter.

My overawed conclusion about this, class is. Hero is too overpowered.

It should be nerfed somehow, that was even without looking at the status bonus that was provided by it. That was many times more than what Commoner had, even though it wasn't the best example.

Now sitting at the power 9 level, the Commoner class didn't provided me much more than it did at the begin. In fact if there was a chance I could barely feel it.

Deciding to leave it aside for now, I continued to see my other classes.

——————————————————

Farmer 

Strength Boost Lesser 

Constitution Boost Lesser

Endurance Boost Lesser

Harvest 

Planting 

Animal Empathy 

Class Requirements - Commoner 5

Description - The first alternative to being a Commoner, the class help the others to grow their own crops.

——————————————————

Apprentice Fisherman 

Strength Boost Lesser 

Constitution Boost Lesser 

Agility Boost Lesser

Fishing Mentality 

Swimming 

Water Reading

Class Requirements - Commoner 5

Description - The first class to touch on the sea. It was the first step for those that think of going to the sea.

——————————————————

Apprentice Artist 

Charisma Boost Low 

Agility Boost Lesser 

Constitution Boost Lesser

Melodious Voice 

Dancing Steps 

Musical Instrument Handling 

Draw Attention

Class Requirements - Commoner 5

Description - The first step on the path of becoming a Artist. This class give you the necessary skills to decide your future path on the arts.

——————————————————

Apprentice Prostitute 

Charisma Boost Low 

Constitution Boost Lesser 

Agility Boost Lesser

Seduction 

Entrancing Movement 

Sex Techniques

Acting 

Class Requirements - Commoner 5

Description - The first step on the path of a Prostitute, this class help one on the path of seduction and charm.

——————————————————

To be honest, many of these skills won't be used for the time being.  I can't see myself dancing or singing, I don't have any plan of becoming a farmer nor a fisherman and actually don't have anyone to use Apprentice Prostitute skills, the future can wait thought.

A good thing about these common classes was that I discovered how to unlock new classes. Apparently commoner was truly the root of all other classes, just by gaining a few levels on it I already unlocked many classes. Even if they're useless, there was still potential.

Just because they're useless for now doesn't mean that they'll be useless in the future. What if I'll need level in these classes to unlock something important in the future?

And even more, these class can actually give me bonus stats. Even if these classes didn't have any fighting potential, the stats would still help me during a fight.

I'm satisfied with my new discovery and new classes, even if they aren't good ones. Another good thing is that I discovered the best use of my many classes, extra stats.

My only problem was, why did Apprentice Warrior become a reserve class? It was unlocked at same time the other four, shouldn't it be one of the equipped ones?

It would be many times more useful than some like Farmer. This is what I think at least, as I haven't see the actual skills of the class.

To be fair, I should at least compare the two to see if Apprentice Warrior was truly better than Farmer.

——————————————————

 Apprentice Warrior

Strength Boost Lesser

Constitution Boost Lesser

Agility Boost Lesser 

Endurance Boost Lesser

Powerful Blow

Swinging Blow

Beginner Parry

Warrior Dash

Class Requirements - Commoner 5

Description - The first class on the path of a warrior, it still is just the begin and had great potential.

——————————————————

Yup, Apprentice Warrior was much superior to Farmer. To begin with, it have four skill. Four usable in battle skill.

Another thing are the stats Boost, it have all that Farmer had and then two more, completely better than Farmer.

The issue mow is, can I switch classes or not? In most novels I read the people needed to join a guild or find a especial cristal or something else to change jobs.

I even saw some where the special power of the protagonist was to change jobs independently. My fear wasn't just a imaginary thing, there are real chances of this happening to me.

Well, let's stop delaying. I can only need to try to discover if I can or cannot change.

———————

As I was writing I perceived that the skills may take much from the actual chapter and pollute it as a whole. I decided to post the skill descriptions on the glossary page and actualize it as the story progresses.

21