004 – Night on the Forest
2.3k 10 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

——————————————————

Birch; Human; Male; 17

Commoner 9; Slave User 4; Hero 1; Apprentice Prostitute 1; Apprentice Artist 1; Apprentice Warrior 1; Apprentice Fisherman 1

——————

Strength 25(13+6+2+1+1+1+1)

Constitution 25( 13+6+2+1+1+1+1)

Agility - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Endurance - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Spirit - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Willpower - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Soul - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1)

Charisma - 25(9+8+2+2+2+1+1)

Luck - 19(9+4+2+1+1+1+1) 

——————

Job History: Farmer 1

——————————————————

It seems like my fears are unfounded, apparently I can change my job at will. It was even a real bother.

The only thing I need to do was mentally press a button on my screen and a active job would become inactive, doing the same on a inactive job cause it to become active.

For now I'll put only Farmer as inactive, even Apprentice Prostitute had better stats boost than that.

My only worry now is my situation, it had already passed a few minutes after I killed the boar and the body was still bleeding. 

I think that soon another beasts will feel the smell of the blood and came here to calm the water fountain, or the territory. Maybe a scavenger may came to try the leftovers from the body and find a lucky find like me.

The fact is, my actual location was somewhat dangerous and I should do my best to get out here.

At least that's what I thought, soon after I tried to get up the body of the boar started to release a strange mist and it disappeared on the mist. Leaving only a big tusk and a piece of meat on a bone.

It seems that there is a drop system on this world too. It's a good thing that I won't need to dismantle the monster to get the materials but it wasn't good to lose so many materials of the body.

With conflicting thoughts, I pick the meat and the tusk and put them in my new inventory. It was a weird feeling, the portal to the Inventory. My hand had to pass for a space hole to put things inside it.

Without delaying even further I put my sword inside it and escaped from my possible foes. Even though that many of the beast that will came for the body should be weaker than the boar, it was still dangerous to fight without means to heal myself nor companions to guard my back.

The beast coming should be just the ones that feared the boar and had to wait for it's dead before making their moves. If they had the same strength or are stronger than the boar, I'm sure that they would come before or already had better places for themselves.

But what I'm truly fearing was their numbers, I can't possibly know how many beasts will came for the new open territory. It can be a few, it can be many. 

I don't know and I don't want to find out.

Even more, fight beasts wasn't my primary objective now, it was finding civilization.

After many hours wandering I finally found a sign of people, a road. My luck was that I awakened in this world during the sunrise, if it had been later it should already night before I found this place.

But that changed nothing I guess, it was still darkening and I haven't found shelter. I'm in a better position not being in middle of a forest but it was barely better.

The boar dropped a big chunk of meat, maybe a full kilogram, it should be enough for me to survive. Bad side, I haven't found out how to make fire.

I have heard many times that creating fire with just sticks and leaves was easy but in truth it wasn't. I tried, tried with all my might but igniting fire was above me.

My only choice was to pass the night in hunger and with a root as my pillow. I know it wasn't safe but that was my only choice for this night, as I couldn't climb a tree nor have I found shelter.

This sad, lonely, and cold night wasn't the most welcoming to my new world.

On the morning of the next day the hunger continued to plague me but that wasn't as worrisome like the day before. Right now I only need to walk in one direction and I should find someone to help me, maybe a merchant or a farmer.

Even though there are high chances of me being ignored or maybe outright antagonized, I can only hope that my life would be saved.

It was in that much of a bad situation that I'm in. Walking to the right of the road, I began my wandering for today. 

After hours of walking it was almost midday, the sun was at the top of the sky and it's burning fury was punishing whoever was foolish enough to be below it. Fools like me.

I'm almost completely drained, the last time I eat something have been more than 24 hours ago and my last time drinking water almost that too. I'm sure that if I had my previous body I wouldn't be in this same situation, I would be many times worse.

I can surely affirm that these levels truly changed my body for better, I can already see the results after all.

I can't even cry in this miserable condition, I almost did it before but resisted it for fear of wasting the few water drops inside me.

"I can't stand it anymore!" I shouted with all my might before collapsing on the ground. My body need at least a bit rest before continuing this useless endeavor. 

I remained lying here for some good minutes before I heard some noises, it was a unfamiliar noise. Different from the normal forest noises.

I continued listening for a few seconds before discovering where have I heard it before, in my previous life. It was the sound of horses and the I could hear a few wolf howls too.

I didn't understood it at the begin, my mind still in a slow pace, but soon it dawned on me that there was a carriage coming this way.

I tried to get up lazily but my arms aren't moving at their best state, my whole body wasn't. With much effort I could get up from her but my legs still haven taken the first step.

Soon the carriage entered my sight and I could see a wolf pack following it. Following seems wrong, maybe chasing.

The wolf pack and the carriage soon approached me, I haven't noticed how fast they are moving. What I did? I continued planted here in the middle of the road like a fool.

The carriage tried to maneuver around me but when the horses started turning, the carriage rolled to the side. It had a accident just right during the chase, because of me.

Feeling the wood almost grazing my head, a unnatural instinct overcomes my control over my own body and I evaded to the side with speed never used. This was a essentials movement on my part, if not I would have died.

Looking around I could see many changes in the scenery that I became used to see. The first being the turned carriage, then the almost naked people spilling out of it, the monstrous wolves and the biggest of all them.

It wasn't a pretty sight, wolves the size of a tiger coming right to me. I think they thought of me as a easier prey, or maybe I'm nearer than the carriage people. What is truly important is, the wolves are coming to me and I can't let them do what they want.

With a swift motion, I took Nameless Sword out of my Inventory and brandished it toward the first of the incoming wolves. The Slash passed right through the wolf and even injured one that was behind it.

[Punishment][Swinging Blow]

Of course, I remembered my class skill this time. I can be foolish enough to forget them after my last endeavor against the boar. That forgotten memory almost costed me my life.

Back to the fight, the wolves aren't so secure of themselves after seeing me kill one of them in just one move. It must have been a serious blow to their moral, considering that they stopped rushing and started to surround me.

Now I can see better their numbers, they amount a total of five wolves if you discount the big guy and the dead guy. The big guy was still outside the encirclement but that didn't mean that it was ignoring me, it was the exact opposite.

The wolf looked me with a sharpness different from any other wolf, it had intelligence inside the eyes. The wolf gave out another howl and the wolves started rushing me again, this time surrounding me.

I will show them why it was such foolish choice.

——————————————————

Skill Explanation:

Draw Attention

This skill make easier to notice and give attention to the user among a crow, it act passively but it can be toggled off.

——————————————————

Well, this chapter put me to think. The main character won't have a class called Jobless, maybe in the future but it won't have significance, but he will frequently Change classes. Should I take out the Jobless tag? And while I'm at it, it's some tag lacking or extra?

20