Chapter 16: Mineta’s life is hard
2.1k 3 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed after Ibara confessed to him.

However, in the past week, Mineta must admit that his life had changed, which made him realize the cruelty of this world.

In the past, while he didn't want to admit that his appearance wasn't good-looking, he felt he was quite lovely. Yet the girls thought differently since they only felt that he was far from good-looking.

Only Ibara thought of him as a cutie and lovely.

Yet when his charm had become seven points, everything changed.

Everyone secretly glanced at him from time to time, and those girls that he often greeted every day often came to pinch his cheeks and flirt with him openly. If Ibara wasn't there, he feared they might kidnap him.

His words might seem too much since there was no way for a cute girl to do something like that, right?

However, the reality was often more messed up than the fiction.

After they knew that he had become more handsome, even if they knew that he had a girlfriend, they approached him without shame and openly showed their attraction. Some of them were bolder by sending texts from time to time, which made him helpless.

Those girls had become borderline stalkers.

Fortunately, they were still quite discreet with their advance since as long as Ibara was around, they didn't do anything, but when she had gone, they became bolder.

They might only be in their third year of middle school, the last year of middle school, yet a girl became mature earlier than a guy. Even if he was quite short, he was cute, but his demeanor was different from those around his age. He was fun and mature, and along with his cute face, he became a hot commodity.

Yet it didn't surprise him.

If he lived in the countryside, where there weren't many people, this might not be a trouble.

However, Kamakura was different.

It was the old capital of this country, and there were hundreds of thousands of people in this city.

The birth decline in this country didn't happen in this world, and everyone made children without worry since the appearance of "Quirk" changed everything.

The real reason why the birth decline happened was because of the economy. The people in the country didn't have money to make a family.

Housing, education, everyday needs, and many others.

Everything needed money.

However, with a "Quirk," it was different since as long as one had a useful "Quirk," they could easily get a lot of money and a job.

If he gave an example, those people with a "Quirk" related to electricity were living like a king. They could get a job and money easily, even if their education wasn't that good.

Still, even so, the strong "Quirk" wasn't the main reason someone could be popular among girls.

Money, "Quirk," strong, weak, and many others weren't the main factor one could get a girlfriend.

If he had to say there were three points for one to become popular among girls.

The first one was appearance.

He didn't need to explain this matter since even a beautiful girl with a shit personality would become popular, right?

The handsome guy with a shit personality would also become popular among girls since his face was just their type.

The second was popularity.

Still, the popularity was quite ambiguous, and many people were confused.

What was popularity about?

Did one have to become famous?

However, his answer was simple.

To become popular, they had to become the center of attention.

After all, the girls were more attracted to someone who talked while being surrounded by a crowd instead of someone who sat on the edge alone.

Unless that person was handsome, right?

Lastly, the most important factor was personality.

Many people often think that a personality is quite negligible, but this is the most important factor if one wants to have a long-lasting relationship.

After all, even if one was handsome or popular, if their personality was shitty, they would quickly break up.

So what was a good personality sought after by many women?

Frankly, there were no clear answers, and there were countless answers since everyone was different, and it was impossible to become one that one wasn't.

If they did that, they were acting, and acting would tire them out.

Mineta had always been himself and never acted desperate.

In the beginning, he tried to become Ibara's friend, getting to know her better and becoming a place where she could talk about her problem besides her parents. He never gave her too much attention and even talked with other girls in the text, even if those girls didn't trigger his system.

They kept talking to each other, and their relationship became closer and closer.

By then, he had made her laugh and flirted with her, but he had never tried to clear up their relationship. She was also the one who sought after him and not the other way around.

Still, he wanted them to stay ambiguous until he could kiss her and for her to ask what kind of relationship they had.

Yet he didn't expect an accident to happen, and Ibara confessed to him.

He didn't let go of this chance and accepted her confession without hesitation.

If she didn't confess to him, according to his estimation, they should be able to confirm their relationship in two or three months. He was a hunter and had never been in a hurry to capture his target until he was sure 100% that he could catch her.

However, because of this incident, they became a couple in a month.

He got his rewards, and he became more handsome.

That was all there was.

Everything was like a textbook moved for one to get a girlfriend.

He didn't do anything special.

However, this was the reason why he became popular with girls now. He could make them laugh, he was the center of attention, and his personality was good.

Yet he was sad that among hundreds of thousands of people, only Ibara was the only person who could trigger his system.

Was Ibara special?

Yes.

After all, Ibara was his girlfriend, but he didn't feel an intense love where the passion could burn him to ash, yet he cared and treated her more special than others. She also confessed to him when he was at his worst, so naturally, it was impossible for him to mistreat her even if he approached her because of the system.

Still, while his life had become slightly better, he wondered what he should do with his life. He had been reincarnated in this world so suddenly, without knowing anything except the memory of the previous Mineta.

Did he want to become a hero?

No way.

He wasn't someone narcissistic who thought having a cosplay in the middle of the street was something cool. He also wasn't selfless enough to put the needs of others in front of his needs.

His need was first, then the people he cared about.

As for the stranger, he didn't care at all.

'First, I need to have power.'

Leaving money aside since he could get them in the future, he knew he needed to become so powerful that no one would be able to threaten him and his family.

'But first, I need to handle the height and...'

He looked at his nether region and sighed.

'If I have more than one girlfriend, it will be good.'

Jokes aside, it was quite good when he could get 1,000 points daily, but he wanted more.

'Well, there's no point in getting impatient.'

His goal was to enter "U.A. High School" first. By then, he could think about what he wanted to do in this world.

"Minoru-kun, let's go back."

Hearing this voice, Mineta turned, and the people around him also turned, looking at Ibara, who stood in front of his class. "Okay." He looked at Kota and Tanaka and said, "I will go back first, Kota, Tanaka." He gave them a wink, telling them to work hard.

They nodded and decided to work hard after having a cram to seduce girls from Mineta.

Mineta approached Ibara and held her hand naturally. "Let's go back."

"Okay."

Ibara nodded with a smile and thought every day was good.

'If only...'

Ibara looked at many girls who surrounded him, glancing in their direction and smirking lightly.

"........."

'This bitch!'

The world of girls was cruel, and a handsome guy was a hot commodity, but a handsome guy with popularity and a good personality was like a legendary item in the game.

If they wanted to get them, they had to work harder since if they didn't, they would lose the competition.

However, if they couldn't get him, they would try to rob him from Ibara.

Fortunately, they were at the school, and if they were outside, they might unleash their "Quirk" to fight against each other.

Mineta glanced at Ibara and the girls, who glanced in his direction before he could only sigh since even if he had become handsome, his life was hard.

85