Chapter 20: Money is always a problem
2k 5 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One month had passed since Mineta had dated Ibara, and he must admit that making money as a fisherman was harder than he had thought.

If he had to say the real reason why he couldn't become rich with his "Fishing Mastery" was because of technology and "Quirk."

While his "Fishing Mastery" was at the "Master" level where he could practically fish any creature on the water, it wasn't as convenient as technology or "Quirk."

The "Quirk" was easy to explain since one might have a "Quirk," which made them able to control a group of fish or become a fish, which made them able to catch those rare fishes on the sea easily. Still, even so, as an individual, those with such a "Quirk" had limitations, and they were also limited by the government since they might turn some fish species into endangered species (excuse from the politicians).

On the other hand, technology was the real problem.

The level of technology in this world was already off the charts.

He didn't think the technology in his previous life could match the technology in this world. He also had read that the people in this world should have lived in outer space and colonized Jupiter or other planets if the "Quirk" didn't appear.

Still, even if the people in this world hadn't colonized Jupiter, their level of technology made him dumbfounded.

So what was the relationship between technology and the fisheries industry?

The relationship was huge!

If one was asked how one would make more money from the fisheries industry, then how did they answer?

It was to catch more fish!

The technology in this world has made it easier for fisheries companies to catch more fish.

More advanced ships and radars to detect a school of fish in a detailed manner, a tool to deceive fish by talking in their language, a large net that might cover the entire sea, many more, and many more.

As long as there was a profit, many people would do anything.

He wouldn't be surprised if some fish became extinct now.

However, the government wouldn't say anything toward those companies since, unlike the individual, the companies gave some bribes, moved the economy, and gave many people a job, so nothing would happen to them.

Yet, with the development of technology, the resources from the sea would be even more scarce, then how could those companies survive?

The answer was simple.

They made technology where they could breed fish easily.

Aquaculture, genetically modified organisms, clones, and many others.

In this world, every technology, which one could only dream of in his previous life, was possible.

The technology also made the price of the food cheap, and it was something to be happy about, so no one would get hungry.

However, he must admit that it was quite hard for him to be happy. After all, he knew how those technologies were modified genetically, and they might cause harm to his body.

Still, if he could think of such a problem, the others could naturally think the same, especially those smart people, so he sighed in relief when he found those fishes wouldn't cause trouble to his body since they were using the power of science to solve that problem.

However, this was also why it was extremely hard for him to become rich through his fishing mastery.

If he wanted to get serious, it might be better for him to catch rare aquarium fish such as Arowana, Polka Dot Sting Ray, Angelfish, and many others. However, it took a lot of money to buy a special aquarium for those types of fish, and frankly, it was troublesome to take care of them.

He was also in the middle of his entrance exam to "U.A. High School," so it was impossible for him to do something so troublesome, especially when this meant that he would do business.

While doing business was troublesome, making pocket money through this skill wasn't a problem.

He wasn't sure whether he was lucky, but he had met various people in the past three weeks after he got this skill from a restaurant owner, neighborhood mothers, and many others. There were a lot of rich people he met when he walked to the beach to fish, so he sold the fish he caught to them, giving him almost 500,000 yen.

This money might not be much for many people, but it was enough for him to treat Ibara on a date.

Ibara was also in a daze since she didn't expect her boyfriend to have this kind of talent, but she supported it anyway, considering it brought him more good instead of harm.

Still, the way he caught the fish was also unique.

He didn't use a fishing rod. Instead, he used his "Quirk." He made a fishing rod using his sticky substance and used it for fishing. Unexpectedly, it was better since as long as the fish was stuck on his sticky substance, their fate was already sealed.

However, the reason why he used his "Quirk" instead of a fishing rod was that he was a miser. The better fishing rod was expensive, and his money simply wasn't enough for him to splurge on such a luxurious thing.

He might have a little money, but that's it.

It was impossible for him to buy a house, motorcycle, or any other.

It was also why he didn't enter a fishing tournament since he needed to buy a fishing rod and various fishing gears, which would drain his money even more.

Still, instead of thinking about the money and future, he must admit that fishing was more enjoyable. When he was fishing, he didn't need to think about anything and just enjoyed his fishing time.

Fishing aside, he must admit that his new ability was better than he imagined.

Color Manipulation.

Frankly, his "Color Manipulation" was even better than his "Speed Augmentation."

Many people might doubt what this ability could do, but it could change the color of his substance into any color.

Cherry pink, blueberry blue, red apple, orange, yellow banana, and many others.

Including turning into invisible.

Because of this ability, his "Quirk" was more versatile and didn't have many limitations like the "Speed Augmentation."

As long as he had enough energy, he could use this ability anytime.

Yet was it so simple?

Was the actual worth of this ability just to turn invisible only?

Of course not.

The real worth of this ability was an optical illusion.

By controlling the color around him, he could create an optical illusion. It might be hard to imagine, so if he gave an example, it would be like Mysterio, who was the enemy of Spider-Man. His ability was like that, but he didn't need a drone to create a holographic illusion.

Frankly, there were many things he could do by using this ability, but it would be a long time to explain them.

However, he has used this ability two times now.

The first time was to make the thread, which was made from his substance, turn invisible, so the fish would be caught easily.

The second was to dye his hair red, almost a neon pink, with this ability. It had become part of his hobby to change the color of his hair, which was quite nice since he didn't need to worry about the damage to his hair or becoming bald because of a hair coloring product.

Yet this isn't the time for that now.

Mineta was wondering what he should do, wondering whether he should just continue like this until he entered the "U.A. High School."

'I want to go beyond that.'

He knew that "U.A. High School" was the best high school in the country, if not the world. Many famous heroes had graduated from this school, such as Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Edgeshot, and even All Might.

After all, if he had decided to enter the "U.A. High School," he wouldn't have been satisfied if he hadn't become the best.

He knew that there should be a student whose parents were Pro Heroes. If so, how could he become better than them, considering he didn't have a connection, teachers, popularity, and many others like those children with nepotism?

He was confused, but it wasn't until he got the reward from the system that his head found the way.

<You have dated your girlfriend for a month, and you received "Skill: Cinema Arts (Master)">

"Hmm?"

"What's wrong, Minoru-kun?"

Mineta looked at Ibara, who accompanied him to fish. "Nothing, it's just I got some good ideas."

"Hmm?"

Somehow Ibara was curious, but he didn't continue to say anything and just kissed her since he must admit her lips were addicting.

'U.A. High School...'

There were at least eight months before the entrance exam of the "U.A. High School," and before that, he was going to make his preparation, so he could start ahead of everyone.

70