Chapter 25: Simply entrance exam
2k 3 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The entrance exam was held for two days.

The first day was the writing exam and the last day was the practical exam.

The writing exam was easy, and the most important thing was the practical exam since it was impossible to become a hero unless they were strong enough.

Being a hero meant that they had to fight against a villain.

Even if they wanted to focus on the rescue or evacuation, without a doubt, as a hero, it was impossible for them to escape from a battle.

The practical exam was all about showing one's mastery over one "Quirk."

Frankly, all of those exams were too easy for him.

Instead, he was more interested in various girls that he met during his exams. Frankly, he was surprised since, in Kamakura, only Ibara could trigger his system. However, in this school, he saw many girls who could trigger his system.

Even though the numbers were only more than ten, it was already amazing enough.

Ibara had given him amazing abilities that he couldn't imagine.

So what about the other girls?

He would be lying if he wasn't tempted by the system, but when he looked at Ibara, who stood next to him and listened quietly to the explanation from Present Mic, he fell in silence.

"Minoru-kun, listen to the teacher..."

Ibara reproached Mineta quietly.

"Yes, yes..."

Mineta answered helplessly while looking at the crowd of students in this auditorium quietly. He could see that all those students listened quietly with serious expressions. On the other hand, he was checking the girls, which could trigger his system.

'It's ironic.'

He sighed before focusing on those girls who could trigger his system.

*Ding!*

<Itsuka Kendo>

<Charm: 8>

<Pass!>

*Ding!*

<Yui Kodai>

<Charm: 8>

<Pass!>

*Ding!*

<Tsuyu Asui>

<Charm: 7>

<Pass!>

*Ding!*

<Tooru Hagakure>

<Charm: 9>

<Pass!>

'Huh....?!'

Mineta looked at the only girl who had a nine-point charm speechlessly.

Only 1% population of the world's population had a nine-point charm. It wouldn't be surprising if this girl attracted everyone's attention, but this girl was ignored.

Yet somehow, he didn't feel surprised since he would also ignore her subconsciously since this girl was invisible. He couldn't see her, which made him helpless, but with his "Color Manipulation," he could see her clearly.

The color was, in the end, nothing but a visual perceptual property deriving from the spectrum of light interacting with the photoreceptor cells of the eyes.

Being invisible was the same.

His "Color Manipulation" gave him the ability to manipulate the spectrum of light, which made him able to see the appearance of Tooru Hagakure.

It might be because she was invisible that she was quite open and didn't seem to care, even if her action was quite risque.

While he appreciated... no, studying this girl's "Quirk," it was hard to focus since the noise around him was quite annoying.

The teacher aside, he looked at the boy, who had been muttering in a loud voice subconsciously, but he decided to ignore him since he felt it was a waste of time. Instead, he looked at the teacher again with a serious expression since he noticed that Ibara stared in his direction curiously, wondering what he was looking at.

"Focus on the teacher."

Mineta reprimanded Ibara quietly.

Ibara only rolled her eyes, wondering who was between them that should listen to the teacher more.

Still, the explanation was quite simple.

Leaving Present Mic's loud voice aside, he remembered that this teacher had also tried to invite him to become a guest on his radio talk show, but frankly, he was too busy with many things, so he politely refused the invitation.

His popularity was high, especially after he had become more handsome, and many media wanted to talk with him.

However, he only accepted the invitation of those media in Kanagawa prefecture.

Outside of the prefecture, he rejected all of them politely since he wanted to focus more on his education and system.

His career was only number two since everything he got coming from his relationship with Ibara, so he always prioritized his relationship with her instead of his career.

While he didn't think Ibara would take the initiative to break up, considering she had already fallen for his trick and experience.

However, a relationship is like a business.

If one didn't take the initiative or work hard, it would go bankrupt.

Now, focusing on the exam, while Present Mic didn't seem reliable, his explanation was easy to understand.

However, he had been watching the girls, so he missed a few explanations. Instead, he read the rules of the exam on the handout, which was given to all the candidates. He only read it for a while and understood all of it.

During the practical exam, candidates conduct mock battles in a replica urban setting. Examinees are given ten minutes to use their Quirks to immobilize robotic villains in order to score points depending on the individual robot's point value. The more points one examinee earns, the higher their chance of getting accepted into U.A. High.

Candidates are not allowed to fight other candidates. Doing so results in disqualification. Students hailing from the same middle school are placed in different testing areas to avoid potential cooperation.

Other than scoring villain points, judges monitoring the exam reward rescue points for heroic acts. This criterion is not shared with the students, so they are motivated toward genuine selflessness.

Oh, right, there are four villain robots, and each of them is worth different points.

1 Point - Easy Villains; 2 Points - Medium Villains; 3 Points - Hard Villains; and 0 Points - Arena Traps.

'Arena Trap...'

He read the description of this massive robot speechless along with the replica urban setting, causing him to have one question.

'How rich is the "U.A. High School"?'

He might be able to call himself rich, but to create a replica of the urban setting and many robots, to be destroyed by all the candidates in this place... he didn't have money or have a hobby to do such a wasteful thing.

"Excuse me, may I ask a question?"

Everyone's eyes were attracted to the boy with glasses.

He also looked at the glasses boy, who raised his hand.

The boy's question was simple, and he asked why the 0 Points - Arena Traps didn't appear on the screen while wondering whether the "U.A. High School" had made a mistake.

'How diligent.'

He felt this guy needed to be flexible for a bit since being all straight meant that he would be broken easily.

"Also, what's with you? That's a curly boy over there!"

The boy with glasses pointed his finger at the muttering boy.

"Eh?"

The muttering boy was startled.

"Can you still sit for a second? You're distracting us! If you think "U.A. High School" is a pleasure jaunt, then leave this place at once!"

"Sorry..." The muttering boy apologized quietly.

On the other hand, Mineta ignored and listened to Present Mic's explanation since he was curious about the 0-point robot, wondering whether it didn't give him a point even if he defeated it.

However, the explanation of Present Mic was just like that, the 0-point robot was a trap, and they would get nothing even if they defeated it.

"Well, that's enough for me!! As a certain "hero" the name of Napoleon Bonaparte once said, "A true hero never stops overcoming the misfortunes in life!"

"Now, let's move to the main event!! Plus Ultra!"

"Do you understand all of it?" Ibara asked quietly.

"Yeah." Mineta nodded. "In simple terms, we have to fight the villain, in this context the robots, and we also rescue the people, in this context the candidates who are troubled by the robots if we want to get the point." He made it simple in a few words, which somehow made Ibara nod.

"Okay then, let's meet up later."

They were coming from the same middle school, so they had to be separated in case they might work together.

"Um, see you later." Ibara nodded.

"Do you want a kiss?" Mineta suddenly asked.

Ibara rolled her eyes again, but she moved closer and whispered, "Later, alright?"

"Good."

Even if Ibara also wanted to kiss, they were in public, so it wasn't appropriate for them to kiss in this place. However, if there were only the two of them, she wouldn't let him go.

The two walked out of their seats together, and soon, it was their time for the exam.

However, Mineta looked at his group and wondered whether the girls who triggered his system would go in the same group as him.

75