Chapter 45: Crime and punishment
1.6k 3 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He didn't plan to hide the fact he had a girlfriend. Instead, he had to tell them frankly without hiding anything since, frankly, it was impossible to hide.

Ibara's class was in the 1-B class, and they stayed in the same school.

No matter how good he was, it was simply impossible for him to hide the fact he had a girlfriend from his classmates.

So instead of hiding it, he simply told them he had a girlfriend.

As for whether the girls in his class wouldn't try to get close to him, he didn't have that worry.

Love has always been blind.

It appears out of a sudden without one noticing, without caring about the identity of the other parties.

Even now, many people fall for married men or married women.

He only had a girlfriend and didn't even marry Ibara, so some girls might get bolder, like what the students in his middle school did.

The girls in his middle school were fierce. Even if one had a boyfriend, as long as they liked this guy, they didn't hesitate to work together with their group to take this boy away from the girlfriend.

While only a few people realized it, there was even a club where a girl gathered together to steal someone else's boyfriend in his middle school.

After he became handsome, he was targeted many times.

If he was lustful, he might go for it.

However, he had never been lustful.

What he had wanted from the beginning to end was power, a power that made him able to live in this world peacefully.

The only problem was this power could only be gained by getting closer to the girls.

While he was helpless, the power he had gained from the system was so outrageous that it was simply stupid of him to give up.

He knew he had done something wrong, but he must admit that compared to the other main characters, he was a coward and full of anxiety.

He was afraid of living in this world.

In a world where everything was dangerous.

In a world where your hard work could be crushed by someone who suddenly gained a strange power.

In a world where your wealth became nothing because of a certain ability (Ex: Momo's Quirk).

In a world where he could be targeted by a random person just because of their randomness or effect of their "Quirk."

He felt that the people in this world were amazing since they could smile and talk happily without worrying about anything.

Frankly, it was already incredible that this world could be operated smoothly on without showing apparent problems.

He couldn't say there wasn't any problem, considering many people were tortured or had a hard time in their lives because of this society.

However, this was something normal since it was impossible for everyone to be happy.

Even in his previous life, where there were no superpowers, there were many people who were hurt by society.

However, the chance of someone dying was smaller in his previous world than in this world, considering there was something known as a "Quirk" in this world.

Then, how could this world work so smoothly?

Was it because of a hero?

Yes, he felt this was the only way for one country to have a peaceful country.

Unlike this country and many huge countries in the world, the people who lived in developing countries, or a place where there weren't any strong heroes, were horrible.

Having a strong hero was, without a doubt, the best way for a country to maintain its stability of the country.

However, it was also a double-edged sword since people's minds were impossible to read.

Having power was an amazing thing.

They could do anything with it, becoming a king, dominating the world, becoming the boss behind the scenes, or becoming a hero who was protected for self-satisfaction.

On the other hand, All-Might was good.

Many people were saved by him, and he has done many great things in his life.

He was also so selfless that he didn't make a family (based on his understanding) and didn't seek much wealth to become rich or a desire to control, such as dominating this country.

He was born a saint, a good guy to the core, or an idiot who could be easily used by anyone.

However, it didn't really matter how society perceived him since the reason why everyone could live in stability was him.

Everything was because of him.

Still, how long could All-Might do that?

All-Might was already old, and the symbol of peace would pass away sooner or later since even if he had a superpower, it didn't give him immortality.

Mineta also didn't like the idea of entrusting his safety and life to others.

Absolute strength was the best insurance in the world.

However, he didn't have that strength now, so he could only act so that everyone could become his ally.

At school, he might seem like a kind and gentle boy, talking with everyone politely, but was he like that?

No.

Frankly, he didn't like crowded places, and if possible, he just wanted to stay at the house most of the time.

While having a companion was good, he didn't need too many people.

One or two were enough for him.

Yet when he thought about how he wanted to live a comfortable life in this world, he knew that he had to make all the people he knew to become his friends. Even if they couldn't become his friends, he should influence them, so they would help and protect him subconsciously.

If possible, he wanted to influence this country and the world, so they would work hard to protect him until he had an overwhelming power where no one could threaten him.

He knew that his cowardly nature was almost to the point of paranoia, where he thought the people around him might try to harm him.

However, even if he had been staying in this world for a while, it was hard to get used to living in this world.

The feeling of dying in his previous life also didn't help him at all.

Frankly, he knew that as someone who aspired to become a hero, he shouldn't say this, but he was scared.

However, staying and doing nothing had never been something he loved to do.

He had always taken the initiative and erased all the possibility of harm that he might encounter.

Fortunately, he had never encountered harm till now.

However he had met a few threats, but fortunately, they were easy to handle, and they should be under his subtle influence, making them think that he was their good friend.

However, once again, this wasn't enough.

He wanted more, so he could have peace of mind in this world, and that's why he had to use his system.

He knew what he did was wrong, and he might receive punishment for what he was doing.

This was his crime, but he wasn't sure whether he was ready for the punishment.

He stood at the entrance of the Yuuei with his back leaning against the wall while playing with his smartphone. He could feel a lot of gazes on him from time to time, especially girls.

Unfortunately, none of them could trigger his system, so he didn't bother to take the initiative to talk. However, he noticed a few brave girls wanted to approach him, but they didn't have a chance since he heard a familiar voice.

"Minoru-kun!"

He turned and saw Ibara with Kendo and Kodai walking in his direction with a smile. He also smiled and greeted them.

"Sorry, did you wait long?" Kendo asked.

"No, I just arrived."

"But you're too popular, right?" Kodai said while looking at many girls who stole a glance at him from time to time, feeling slightly vexed by those vixens.

"It's normal for him," Ibara said calmly.

"Really?" 2x

Kodai and Kendo were dumbfounded, but somehow they understood why Ibara could say those words calmly, especially when they saw his face and all.

Mineta could only show an awkward smile and said, "Should we go back? I am a bit tired after the 1st day of school."

They nodded, and as planned, they decided to visit his house.

It was his first day on the Yuuei, and he must admit it greatly exhausted him.

He didn't want to overthink now and just wanted to rest for today.

Yet he had to say the girls' tension was quite too much for him, and it was hard for him to rest, especially when there were three girls and he was alone.

In terms of quantity, he had lost already.

However, who made his system only work once he could get the girl to fall for him?

'Work hard, Mineta!'

Once again, he cheered for himself, but there was one question on his heart.

'If three girls are this tough, I wonder how those harem protagonists handle their harem?'

He wasn't sure, but he probably wouldn't know the answer since he definitely wasn't a harem protagonist.

He hopes.

57