Chaptr 53: The Trial of Battle 2
1.4k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the Hero Course, everyone went to the changing room to change into their hero costume.

He had sent the design of his hero costume in the past, and he only nodded when he received it, considering his costume wasn't that special. It didn't have much of a special feature, and it was only easy to move.

While he wanted to add many features such as anti-fire and many others, in the end, his hero costume was only made from tough and flexible fabric.

Still, in the changing room, he had known his male classmates except for Bakugou and Todoroki since they put a "stay-away-from-me" aura, so he didn't bother them. However, it didn't mean they didn't have communication since he greeted them early in the morning.

Besides that, there was nothing since he knew they didn't want to talk. His effort to get to know them also wasn't high since who they were?

Why should he treat them in a special way?

All he did was maintain a basic relationship.

More than that, he didn't bother with them.

Still, if there was someone he didn't like, it was Kaminari since this guy was like a horny dog, asking him to introduce him to the girls in the 1-B class.

However, he pretended he didn't hear Kaminari and talked with the others. Besides that, this guy's personality was normal, and he was a good friend to have since he could become a free power bank.

Frankly, out of his classmates, except for Midoriya, Todoroki, Bakugou, and Aoyama, they were all normal. After all, unlike the people he mentioned above, the rest didn't have extreme personalities and were easy to talk with.

So, their relationship quickly warmed up and got closer.

Still, when he changed into his costume, his classmates were speechless.

"Dude, while I admit you're handsome, why do you dress like a clown?" Kirishima was speechless.

This was also the reason why Ibara was also speechless by him since no one expected that his hero costume was similar to a clown.

However, he didn't answer Kirishima for a while. Instead, he drew a star on his right cheek and a teardrop on his left cheek with his "Color Manipulation." He also changed his hair color to neon pink and his eyes to a golden color.

While this change startled everyone, especially Midoriya, who seemed to take a note out of nowhere and was eager to ask him many questions, naturally, he ignored Midoriya and talked with Kirishima.

"Kirishima, you have your reason why you decide to design your hero costume, right?"

"Yes." Kirishima patted his chest and said, "I want to become a manly hero, like Red Riot! As long as one stands behind me, I will protect them."

He looked at Kirishima and took his words back before since Kirishima's personality was also quite extreme, considering this guy was too cornered about being manly.

'By the way, who is Red Riot?'

He didn't know who this hero was, but it didn't matter since he wasn't that curious either.

"Me too. I have such a reason."

However, he was calm and said, "By the way, it's not a clown, but it is a jester. I dress like a jester because I want to make everyone have a happy smile."

Frankly, he dressed as a jester because he wanted to joke around. His decision to become a hero was nothing but because of his selfish desire. He only wanted to have a comfortable life and peace of mind to live in this world.

Becoming a hero was his one step toward achieving that dream.

In other words, he was a joke and had never been serious about becoming a hero.

Yet, it would be funny if someone who jokes around like him could become a top hero in the future.

Still, even though he said he dressed like a jester, it wasn't like the one at the circus.

Instead, his clothes were quite normal, with a sleeveless shirt, long pants, and pointed shoes.

If there was something special, it would be his that his attires were adorned with various suit symbols.

"UWOOO! I WAS WRONG, MINETA! YOUR DREAM IS TOO MANLY!"

Kirishima suddenly cried and wanted to hug his arm.

He didn't dodge and only sighed since, even if this guy was too hot for his preference, he felt Kirishima would be useful for him, considering his simple personality.

Everyone dressed in their hero costumes and walked out of the changing room. Each of their costumes was unique, and they all showed their characteristics based on their personality, taste, and "Quirk."

Honestly, he wanted to have a more gaudy costume, with a cloak and suit like a circus ringmaster, but his fighting style wasn't suitable for that kind of costume, at least now.

Suddenly, when he thought about how he joked around with his intention to become a hero, why shouldn't he be able to apply this mindset to his relationship?

He was just dating and wasn't married, so it shouldn't be wrong for him to be playing around, right?

He should be like a skit-chaser, playing happily around without thinking about anything.

".........."

Could he do that?

He glanced at Kaminari, who seemed confident, but also smug for some unknown reason.

Should he follow Kaminari's way?

If the rewards from the system were just a small thing, he wouldn't do anything to his relationship with Ibara since he was satisfied, but when he thought about his rewards from Kendo, it made him curious about the rewards he might get from other women.

Living a peaceful life had always been his dream, and the chance was right in front of him.

Becoming the most powerful person in the world was his ticket to achieving that ambition.

If becoming a skit-chaser was the only way to achieve this, then he should do it!

Somehow, at that moment, a change in his state of mind made him more comfortable.

"Huh? What's wrong, Mineta? I won't recharge your smartphone, by the way," Kaminari said with a pout.

'I couldn't care less about that!'

He rolled his eyes, but he must admit he was envious of Kaminari's carefree way of life.

While shaking his head, he walked out of the passage with everyone and entered the ground Beta in their hero costumes.

"Let's see what you're made of, you embryos! It's time for the trial battle!"

All Might greeted everyone with a full spirit.

However, instead of All-Might, talking with Jiro was several times better.

"Hey, how did you paint your face? Also, how did you dye your hair? But really? Pink neon? Well, it's not bad, though..."

The last part was said in a mutter.

He looked at Jiro and saw that her face was also painted with two small, triangular red paint marks just below her eyes. Still, this girl was so bold that she didn't care, even if they were so close, ignoring their personal space. However, it might be because she was into punk that she didn't care much about the difference between a boy and a girl, or maybe she had become more comfortable with him.

However, he had to say she was cute, even her breasts. Yet he didn't voice his opinion. Instead, he asked, "Do you want me to dye your hair with my "Quirk"?"

"Eh? Is that possible?"

"Yes. Look at me."

His neon pink hair color changed to black, yellow, and purple before he changed it to the neon pink color again.

"........." Everyone.

Frankly, everyone was looking at his ability curiously since if one had to ask who had the most mysterious "Quirk" among everyone, without a doubt, it was him.

Even All-Might was the same since he was quite curious about Mineta.

Whether Bakugou, Todoroki, Midoriya, or even everyone in this class, All-Might was clear about what they could do, but he wasn't sure about Mineta since even he couldn't imagine how sticky balls could develop into this type of "Quirk"?

"How did you do that, Mineta-kun?" All-Might asked curiously. 

"I know that you're curious, but Sensei, how about we start the class?"

If it was only Jiro and the rest of the girls, he didn't mind showing what he could do, but the guys were different things, especially Midoriya, since his stare scared him.

Naturally, he hid behind Momo, so Midoriya would stop to look at him.

As for why he chose Momo, there were several reasons.

As for the other girls, he wasn't close to them, so he could only choose Jiro or Momo.

However, Momo was slightly taller than him and bigger than Jiro, so it was natural for him to choose, right?

"Why are you hiding behind me?" Momo asked helplessly.

"Yaoyorozu-san, look at Midoriya's eyes. It's scary..."

Still, he felt that Momo's costume was too revealing, but it might be part of her hobby, so he didn't say anything. If so, as her friend, he could only silently support her since everyone had their own quirk, right?

'As expected of a rich lady...'

The world of rich people was vast.

"...then, stay behind me for a while..." Even Momo was slightly overwhelmed when she saw Midoriya's obsessive stare and mutter at Mineta.

On the other hand, Jiro wasn't sure, but she felt Mineta was thinking something rude about her, which made her want to beat him up.

Anyway, along with his words, All-Might started his first class.

However, as the class started, many started to ask questions one after another and almost overwhelmed All-Might.

But who was All-Might?

He was the number one hero in this country, and he naturally explained what they were doing until everyone understood.

Still, what they were about to do in this class was quite simple.

Battle.

This was what they would do, but they would do it indoors.

As for why it was indoors?

According to All-Might, statistically speaking, most run-ins with the worst villains occur indoors.

The purpose of the Battle Trial was to prepare the students for this situation.

The students were paired up by drawing lots and split into teams of heroes and villains that fought two on two fights.

The Battle Trial replicates a situation where the villains hide a payload inside the building, and the heroes must secure it or defeat the villains within a time limit. The villains are granted victory if they successfully protect the payload or capture the heroes.

One by one, they took their lot before it was his turn.

He took his lot and saw that he would be in the C-team. He looked around to see who would be his partner, but that person approached him first.

"Please take of me, Mineta-san," Momo said while bowing her head gracefully.

He looked at his lot and felt that it was ironic that even though he loathed his actions and was even on the verge of vomiting last night, the girls kept coming like him a tide. He felt conflicted, but he showed his gentle smile.

"Yes, please take care of me, Yaororuzu-san."

52