Chapter 62: Unforgettable memory
1.3k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was just thinking of reading a book quietly, but he didn't expect someone would shake his shoulder. He took off one of his earphones and felt weird when he saw the appearance of his classmate, sitting right on his left side.

"Yaoyorozu-san?"

"Oh, is that why you have been ignoring me for a while?"

Momo was slightly annoyed when she was ignored several times, especially when she was right beside him. She knew he was reading seriously, but she felt it would be rude if she didn't say anything, so she tried to greet him. Unexpectedly, he kept ignoring her, so she moved closer, sitting next to him before she shook his shoulder.

Only she understood why he had been ignoring her for a while.

"Sorry I didn't hear from you before." He was startled by her sudden appearance and wondered how this girl would suddenly sit next to him.

Was their relationship chummy enough for her to do this?

Oh, yes.

He sat in the front, and she sat behind him.

When they had lunch, they also often sat next to each other, so naturally, they were close enough, especially when they held hands during the Battle Trial, and their relationship became even closer.

Yet after what had happened between him and Kendo, he decided to maintain a certain distance.

If possible, he only wanted to have a normal friendship with those girls instead of something more.

Many might think he was stupid for rejecting power, but the guilt he felt by deceiving those many good girls was unbearable. It seemed he didn't have the talent to become a scumbag, but it was okay since his power should be enough to protect the people he cared about.

However, he knew that he needed to handle the situation in front of him first.

"It's okay. I am also sorry for trying to do something rude."

Momo also apologized and felt embarrassed since she knew she had done something rude.

"No, I understand."

He shook his head and said, "The feeling of being ignored is worse than being hated, after all." He looked at Momo and asked, "So what's wrong?"

While Momo was in a daze after hearing his words, she answered, "No, I just happened to see you in the library, so I thought it would be rude if I didn't greet you."

He smiled and said, "It's okay. Even if you don't greet me, I will greet you when it is time for the class. Also..." He looked around and could see the stare of the library staff. "It's better for us to be quiet since we receive their stare now."

Momo was embarrassed and apologized by making a gesture with her head to everyone before she stared at Mineta again. She had moved to his side, so naturally, it was impossible for her to move to a different seat, and she also didn't have any intention to.

This feeling was strange.

She was restless and jumpy when he was so close that she couldn't calm down, yet also comfortable and happy, which made her feel weird, wondering why she felt like this.

On the other hand, he didn't bother to talk with Momo anymore. He was reading a book about "Quirk" in detail.

He might often read on the internet about "Quirk," but it was only general information, which was free. If he wanted to get more information, he had to pay for a science journal or subscribe to a scientific magazine. However, he didn't have that much money back then, so he tried to download the pirated version.

Unfortunately, in this era, pirated goods were almost extinct or might not exist anymore.

The protection against intellectual property was too powerful.

If someone found out they had pirated something, they would enter the jail and pay a heavy fine.

Even if they were in a developed country, they weren't immune to such a punishment.

However, this also made him sigh since in case something related to the interest of the rich people, everyone would do their best to protect them.

Yet many ignored the matter of villains.

Why did people become villains?

Why hadn't the villains disappeared?

Why, even if the symbol of peace existed (All-Might), was everyone still terrorized by villains?

If All-Might disappeared, would the number of villains increase?

However, there were too many problems in this world, and with the efficiency of the government, he didn't feel surprised that nothing had changed in the past century.

He didn't bother to entangle with this problem anymore. Instead, he was more interested in his book, which was about how a "Quirk" would affect the personality of someone.

'Quirk will affect the personality...'

If such a thing happened, then what would happen to the law?

If someone committed a crime because one was affected by their "Quirk," were they at fault or innocent?

Then, how one determined that one committed a crime because they were affected by a "Quirk" or not?

This made him curious, and he wanted to search for more examples of such cases, but his thought was broken again.

"What did you listen to?" Momo asked curiously since she could see he seemed to enjoy the music so much that he tapped his feet lightly, enjoying the tune.

He looked at Momo, who looked at him curiously, and asked, "Do you want to hear it?"

"Is that okay?"

Momo was curious about what he listened to, but she didn't expect he would offer her to listen to the music.

"Sure."

He nodded and said confidently, "I am sure you only listen to a classic, right?"

"How did you know?" Momo was surprised.

"........."

His lips twitched, afraid that this gullible girl might be deceived by a scumbag sooner or later. "I am just good at guessing this type of thing."

"Really?"

"Well, if you like classics. I am not sure whether you like to hear what I like to hear, though."

"No, I am not someone who will judge something. Let me hear it first." She put her hand on her ample bosom, trying to reassure him that she was someone who could accept many things.

"Okay."

He nodded and wanted to put one of his earphones on her ear. "So, excuse me."

"Oh-oh." She blushed but let him help her put the earphone on one of her ears.

It might be because she tied her hair in a ponytail that her ear was clearly seen. Her ear was cute and white, but gradually it turned into a bright red color, showing her shyness.

However, he didn't intend to mention this change and only thought this wealthy girl was cute.

"Then, I will start music now."

"Okay."

The music started, and she heard the music, which he seemed to love so much.

The tune was gentle, warm, and energetic.

Momo smiled for some reason, enjoying the music while asking him a question.

"Who plays this?"

"Wacci?

"Wacci?"

"It's an old band."

"What's the title?"

"Kirameki (Sparkle). You should be able to find the album and all the music of this band on Spoticion."

"Spoticion?"

"........."

He was speechless, but he explained to her carefully about many common things enjoyed by a peasant like him. He also told her many anecdotes, tips for living alone, and many things she was curious about, which made her exclaim from time to time.

"So it's better that you don't buy salmon at the supermarket?"

"That's right. One piece of salmon is 500 yen, which is expensive but too small. However, if you buy two pieces, while it is cheaper, it is too much."

"Then, why don't you buy the entire fish and keep them to eat later?"

".........."

He wanted to bang his head on the table for some reason.

"By the way, I haven't been to the supermarket before."

"Then, do you want to visit it? I can accompany you if you want."

"Really?"

".........."

He realized that he had subconsciously invited Momo on a date. He wanted to say "no" since he had a girlfriend, but when he saw her eager expression, he closed his lips.

'No, it's just an outing between friends."

He felt he was overthinking.

"Why not? Let's set up a schedule when we're free."

"Okay." Momo nodded with a smile before she focused on the music and heard the eye-catching lyrics as she stared at his side profile.

"The times we spent together, and the miracles we created,

I want to convey all these feelings, hoping I can always be with you."

While they listened to the music, they kept talking to each other as the music almost ended.

As she gazed into his profile, Momo had thought that just talking with someone could be enjoyable.

But...

"Ahem!"

While Momo turned her head naturally, his heart almost stopped. He needed a moment to calm himself before he turned his head.

'Fortunately...'

He let out a sigh of relief, yet he wasn't sure whether he could feel relief in this situation.

An extremely buff and intimidating girl stood behind them, crossing her arms while holding a giant paper fan. It seemed she was the Head Librarian of Yuuei and also their upperclassman in the General department.

'Is that her "Quirk"? Also, was her name Gorimi?'

He wondered how one could have such a unique "Quirk," and what kind of parents would name their daughter "Gorimi"?!

Even if he couldn't deny the similarity between Gorimi and the ancestor of human beings in Darwinism, it was impossible for him to say it.

The buff girl gestured for them to be quiet before she made a death sign before she left.

"........."

"...how about we go back?"

"Okay."

The two must admit that this would be an unforgettable memory for them.

42