Chapter 90: Courage
1.1k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was in the evening in the courtyard of his house. Usually, at this time, he would be inside, enjoying dinner with Kendo. However, he was outside, holding a chopper knife and a duck in his hands.

"Kwak! Kwak!"

Yes, the duck was alive.

He planned to use this duck for dinner, but first and foremost, he had to kill it, so it could be consumed by him and Kendo. He knew that what he did might be a cruel act in the eyes of some people, especially when one could see how sorry the duck was.

The duck was innocent and seemed not to know anything in the beginning, but when it saw him holding a chopper knife, it started to cry before it realized its fate was already determined, so somehow it closed its eyes, waiting for Mineta to chop its neck down.

Watching all of this, his hands trembled slightly, wondering whether he should kill it. Yet he knew that he had to do this, and he knew if he didn't do this, he would become a hypocrite. While he didn't care whether he would be seen as a hypocrite, he had to do this to harden his will to achieve his ambition.

While he wasn't sure, he knew that as long as he decided to embark on this path, he might have to kill people. He had never killed an animal, so how could he think about killing a human?

So, he suddenly thought, 'Why don't I try to kill an animal?'

He didn't kill an animal meaninglessly. Instead, he killed an animal to be consumed. It was like how in the future, he would kill someone for the greater cause. This was his training. While he didn't want to, he had to be cruel.

Yet he had to say that everyone had become a hypocrite, and he was also one. While people thought what he did was cruel, they forgot that they ate meat every day and had they questioned where those meats came from.

If they gave time to think, they would realize that the meat they ate came from killing an animal.

To live was to kill.

It was like how a lion had to kill another animal, so it could live on.

A human was also like that.

He wanted to live, so he had to kill.

He raised his chopper knife and aimed at the neck of the duck, remembering the instruction that he had read on the internet. He knew what he did was cruel, so he had to do it fast, without hesitation, so the animal wouldn't feel the pain of being slaughtered.

He took a deep breath several times, trying to calm himself since it was his first time. He had to do it soon since he didn't want Kendo to see this cruel scene. Even though it was something natural for one to kill an animal to eat, they had never seen the cruel process. They only saw the ready-eat-meat, showing how convenient and how people had become so soft.

If he was living in the era of war where people killed another like they chopped vegetables, he might not think it too complicated. He could do it easily since a duck was just another meat to consume. No matter how cute it was, in the end, it would become delicious meat and part of his body.

'Yes, this is just part of life.'

He started to call every god that he knew from all religions, from Buddha to Jesus. He called all of them, praying to the duck before moving down his chopper knife at the duck's neck.

*Chop!*

With his "Ultimate Eyes," it was impossible for him to miss.

He slaughtered the duck, and the blood dripped from its neck. Fortunately, he had made a hole in his courtyard so he could clean everything easily. Still, part of the blood splashed on his hand. It was hot, like magma, and the smell of blood invaded his nostrils, yet he didn't feel disgusted.

While it might be strange for him to think this, he could feel a certain beauty from the dead.

The duck on his hand died, but it would become part of his body soon.

He felt a certain purity, the truth of the world, something even more profound than the realm of his understanding.

Yet he knew while he could see a certain beauty in it, he would stay away from it since what he wanted to do was to have a long life, especially when he found what he wanted to do in this life.

'A peaceful life...'

When he could achieve that, what would he do with his life?

Living like a king?

Living as he pleased?

He wasn't sure and hadn't even found a way to do this, but he knew he could find it slowly.

He filled the hole after he had drained most of the blood on the body of the duck before he entered his house to cook, but before that, he decided to pray once again, wishing the duck would enter heaven or a circle of reincarnation to become a human or something in its next life.

---

"Wow, it's delicious!" Kendo ate the food he cooked happily. It was so rare for him to cook. The last time she ate his food was when she had lost her virginity. It had been three weeks since that day, and she was the one who had always cooked for him. However, it didn't mean he forced her. She did it because she loved it since watching him eat the food she cooked made her happy.

Still, this sudden surprise when he cooked for her made her heart skip. She thought he had cooked the dinner because he knew she was tired. This casual gentleness made her heart warm. Her love for him grew even more, and at the same time, it was even more painful when she knew she couldn't have him alone.

Yet she put this matter aside since she just wanted to enjoy the dinner together.

"By the way, what is this?"

"It's a Roast Duck stuffed with mushrooms. It's french cuisine."

"French? Can you make one?" Kendo felt that her boyfriend was a superhero since this guy really could do anything.

"I just followed the recipe. There's a recipe on the Cookpad." He smiled and said, "But it's good that you like it. Eat more. You have been training, right?"

"Un!" Kendo nodded, then moved closer and whispered lustfully, "Do you want me to wear my hero costume tonight?" She thought she should reward her boyfriend well.

"..."

He realized his girlfriend was a succubus, but he thought for a moment and said, "I have just bought a nurse uniform. Can you wear that one instead?"

"....."

Kendo thought her boyfriend was a pervert, but she loved him, so it was okay.

The Sports Festival would be held soon, so naturally, to achieve the best result, they trained hard together. They also often stayed late at school together to train together.

While they were busy, they felt every day was eventful.

Kendo also became stronger during this training. Still, unlike Ibara, whose development was more unique. Kendo's " Quirk " development was simpler since all she did was just physical training, martial arts, and a spar. Naturally, he was her partner, especially when he was her lover.

While he wanted to help her develop her "Quirk," he knew her "Quirk" had a limited possibility.

First and foremost, the reason why one could use "Quirk" was because of Quirk Factors. Those "Quirk Factors" were located randomly on the body. It might be hard to imagine, but if he gave an example, it was like a ball on his head, vine-like hairs on Ibara, or Kendo's hands.

Unlike him, who had a system, which could enhance his Quirk Factors, the rest didn't have such a thing.

In Ibara's case, she could only control her vines through her hair. It was impossible for her to summon a vine from her limbs or other parts of her body. She also couldn't control the other vines in her surroundings.

Kendo's was similar to Ibara's case. Her "Quirk Factors" were in her hands, so the only thing she could enlarge was her hands, and it was impossible for her to enlarge the other part of her body. Naturally, the only training she could do was to increase her control over her ability, so she could enlarge only her fingers, enlarge the size of her fists even more, or change the shape of how she enlarged her hands.

Perhaps Kendo's future would be like Mountain Lady but more powerful since she could do a partial gigantification.

Still, Kendo was happy to learn from him since her progress was clear to the eyes, and it gave her a lot of unique experiences, especially when he acted as a strict teacher.

To be honest, she loved this type of role-playing.

Yet while everyone was working hard to become stronger, he had already passed ahead of them and became strongest, especially after he got a pet.

36