Chapter 1: sold to mercenaries
6.8k 9 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: sold to mercenaries

 

I am just an orphan in a god knows where orphanage.

 

I was sold to some mercenaries group.

 

I am fortunate that they did not sell me to organ trafficking groups at the very least.

 

Don’t get me wrong this is the thing that happens in most of the places of the world.

 

How can those politicians and corrupted officials let some orphanages run granting it funds for free.

 

After selling they will either note down as that orphan is dead or that orphan is adopted by some foreigners.

 

This kind of cases would never show up in the media or any other news because they are also in this crime and takes their share of bribes to cover these things.

 

That is the human nature.

 

As long as the thing did not happen to me, then I don’t care.

 

Well there are some exceptions where there are good humans that really wanted to help the needy and the poor.

 

But the thing is what these good people do will most of the time end up making the situations worse.

 

Well the good people will still think that they did the right thing and just sit by the side peacefully to see the real needy end up dead or worse.

 

Even though I am an orphan in this orphanage, I know the true nature of the people more than anyone else.

 

And I am not a fool to believe their sweet words like the other people.

 

……………….

 

The mercenary group brought in some orphans from the orphanage.

 

They looked scary to most children but not to one of the orphans that they just bought.

 

“Hey kid what is your name?”

 

One of the mercenaries asked in English.

 

“My name is Vikram.”

 

 Vikram is one of the orphans from the orphanage that these mercenaries bought.

 

“Hey this orphan can actually speak English… it seems we have bought an orphan with some knowledge this time.”

 

Vikram did not have much of an expression on his face.

 

All he did was answer the question and wait that is all.

 

He was able to hear some whispers from some distance as those mercenaries spoke

 

“Why should we know if he has knowledge or something we want this orphan to get us that box and nothing more?”

 

“What if he survives…?”

 

“We will think about that later.

 

For now let us move.

 

We don’t have much time to get that thing.

 

When the other party arrives then we will lose all the money”

 

Vikram was not the only one that was bought there are other orphans around the same age as him.

 

They were immediately shipped into the ship’s cargo hold and the ship started to move to somewhere that they don’t know.

 

The journey was not long, sometime after they started to move those mercenaries gave the people some cheap quality buns.

 

It is not that they gave but more like they throw the food into the cargo hold like feeding a dog or something.

 

Vikram moved very swiftly right when the buns are still in the air.

 

He did not take all of them but only took one and let go of the food.

 

He retreated to a corner and started to eat the bun quickly before the fight for the other buns was subdued.

 

By the time others realized the thing Vikram is the only one that ate a complete bun while the others ate scrapes and pieces, where some of them were stepped on during the fight.

 

Since Vikram has already ate the bun they can do nothing but to watch him with a sigh.

 

Well not all of them are patient and forgiving type.

 

There are always some short tempered guys that want to fight and make a point.

 

Orphan’s quarrels would always happen in the orphanages so it is not new to Vikram.

 

He simply did not fight back but used his movements to receive very less damage every time he was hit and increase the amount of stamina that the other party used to fight.

 

The wounds on his body might look sever but most of them are scrapes and nothing more.

 

He sat in his corner silently all the time till they were let out.

 

After coming out they were told to get on a truck and were transported to a desolate place that looked more like a desert.

 

Well the entire way is like that and that particular place is more barren.

 

There is some burnt smell in the air where the walls in that area were particularly broken down.

 

The mercenaries stopped near the fencing of what looked like an abandoned place.

 

The buildings were a little farther from the fencing and the entire place looked like a ghost place.

 

“Hey people look at this image of the briefcase.

 

This is hidden in that building.

 

What you have to do is go and get it.

 

The one that gets it will be sent back to your home.

 

If you don’t go then I will shoot you.”

 

The mercenary looked fierce and said while pointing a gun at the people.

 

Vikram moved first towards the ruined buildings.

 

But he did not directly crossed over through the fence.

 

Instead he move to a corner to collect some stones and threw them on the lead way from the fence to the ruined building.

 

Anyone can see that he is being cautious and is checking for land mines.

 

There is a TV in the orphanage and the people have watched many movies.

 

So they understand that Vikram is trying.

 

It was the fat orphan that fought with Vikram that took the initiative to follow the path of the rocks believing that there are no land mines there.

 

The other people followed with quick pace behind the fatty.

 

The fatty had a proud expression that protagonists put on their faces.

 

Vikram put on a reluctant expression on his face that looked like he is defeated.

 

On the contrary the mercenaries were laughing with ridiculing expression.

 

94