Chapter 49: job class: pill refiner
830 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49: job class: pill refiner

 

Other than that he got the affiliation with the oriental side with king of nature faction.

 

----------------------

Status

----------------------

 

Name: Vikram, Vicky, hidden demon, hidden king

 

Age: 22

 

Race: human

 

Titles: chosen (gold grade)

 

Job: none

 

Affiliation: oriental- king of nature faction

 

Military rank: novice (100/2380)

 

Civilian rank: newbie (100/140)

 

----------------------

 

Vitality: 10

 

Stamina: 10

 

Strength: 10

 

Agility: 10

 

Intelligence: 10

 

Sense: 10

 

Charm: 10

 

---------------------

 

Evolution chaos genetic points: 0

 

Random chaos monster genetic essence: 1 percent

 

---------------------

 

Health points: 100/100

 

Stamina points: 100/100

 

Magic points: 100/100

 

--------------------------

 

Free attribute points: 221

 

Chaos points: 1.2 million

 

Skill points: 4 (1 Skill Point = 1000 skill experience)

 

------------------------

Innate skills:

 

Insight: tier 1 (12/2000)

 

Will: tier 0 (450/1000)

 

----------------------

Acquired skills:

 

Cooking: tier 1 (170/3000)

 

Contract: tier 1 (44/2000)

 

---------------------

 

He has observed his status panel and found many changes that astounded him.

 

His job is still showing none.

 

This is because he did not really take up a battle form or anything like they mentioned before.

 

He has to achieve this kind of thing during fighting for a few times or practice specified techniques related to specific job.

 

Vikram made his way to medicinal materials store.

 

There is an herb here that is rarely used, with low shelf life and has many side effects.

 

Vikram did not have much use of this herb too.

 

But he has an idea.

 

One of the basic medicines that can improve charm stat points requires this herb as the main ingredient.

 

But the probability of success of refining this medicine is 1 in a million.

 

The medicine if successfully refined can be graded as epic grade or even higher.

 

Failure will just destroy the herb along with all the costly auxiliary herbs used in refining.

 

Profit can be assumed to be 1 million chaos points while the loss for one try can be 30 thousand chaos points.

 

Since the probability of success is less and even the herbs with good quality are rare, conservative estimate of successful refining will cost 30 million chaos points and effort of refining them so many times.

 

But because of the harsh conditions this medicine is not refined and the formula was spread throughout the real world for free reference.

 

Since he is going to have to buy it any way he wanted to refine the special charm improvement medicine.

 

There is an advantage that Vikram has that others did not have.

 

He has 5 percent chance of getting a critical hit in everything.

 

So for others it is a 1 in a million chance but for Vikram it is 5 in a hundred.

 

..............

 

First Vikram went to the herbs store to get the herbs he wants.

 

Then Vikram went to the store that sells pill refining store and potions making materials store under the continuation quest to buy the things.

 

He has decided to stop doing the quests for the day and returned back to the room.

 

He did not directly jump into refining the charm improvement medicine.

 

Instead he started to learn some of the basics of refining.

 

He learnt the arrangements, cleaning of herbs and materials.

 

He learnt how to convert magic energy in for fire.

 

He learnt some basic telekinesis.....

 

All of this was possible because he possess twice the amount of magic energy that a normal human should have.

 

Then he tried refining a set of basic medicine like healing medicine and magic recovery medicine.

 

After 10 or so trails with his persistent efforts Vikram succeeded.

 

During refining process Vikram fell short of magic energy when refining but he felt that his innate will skill activate at the right moment improving some things by a large margin.

 

He has felt like this many times on earth too.

 

He thought that it was his imagination.

 

As long he persistently thought of doing something with all of his will then things started to happen.

 

He will get more insight or complete the work quickly or the exhaustion will be reduced or something else.

 

One way or the other things would change and solve quickly under his persistent will.

 

.............

 

Vikram adjusted his mood.

 

He got a notification saying that his job class has a job now which is the pill refiner profession.

 

This is a sub class under the alchemist profession.

 

Alchemist profession has two main branches.

 

Pill refiner or potions maker is related to refining herbs or other materials to make medicine or other special pills or potions.

 

Artefact refiner is the second field in alchemy branches that deals with refining various materials like metals, leather.........to make weapons, armours, artefacts.......

 

Artefact refining can be achieved when the person masters refining of metals and materials along with the forging process.

 

Like this the entire main job class is divided into number of small classes.

 

If you want the main class like alchemy as a whole then that person has to master all these small subclasses collectively to gain the main job class.

 

Right now what Vikram is doing is pill refining so he got the job class pill refiner.

 

With the job class he got a good benefit which is 5 percent improvement in pill refining efficiency.

 

It did not have anything to do with the success rate of pill refining.

 

This is only referred to improvement in the quality of the pill.

 

That is a good benefit for many alchemy refiners.

 

Not every pill refiner will be able to get these extra benefits along with a job class.

 

Only the people that completed the prerequisite to get the benefits will get this.

 

Since Vikram was able get the benefits because he completed the basic learning process within 10 times of refining and got the job class.

 

Also because of his carefulness he did not get a single failure in the 10 times.

 

This is also means that Vikram has good affinity towards pill refining.

 

This is a good thing for him as pill refining is a money eating monster.

 

If he wanted to develop and practice it will take a lot of materials, guidance form an expert and a lot of time which is astronomically costly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

you can read up to 70 chapters for 1$ patreonage in patreon:

each post costs 1$ and a post can have 10 chapters for this novel

https://www.patreon.com/Fatenovels

------------------------------------------------------------

Please buy my book at Smashwords to support me.

If you want to give me any suggestions please contact my mail [email protected]

Thanks to you all my readers.

Buy me a cup of coffee: paypal.me/sourourerfate

41