Tournament of flaws(2)
563 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next pair after that was weiss and cardin , this match up was designed to hammer how lacking cardin was in combat in the cruelest way possible. the way this is achieved is in thanks to weiss's semblance {glyph} that made her borderline broken with the versatility it gives her. she had speed glyphs , impact glyphs , weakening glyphs , ice summoning glyphs and even summoning glyphs. if mastered to it's limit weiss's semblance made her a perfect combatant with power , speed , utility and distractions. leon's only complaint was that her upbringing had limited the power her semblance could really show.

She tended to focus exclusively on a single glyph type at any given time when she actually didn't have any reason why she couldn't just mix them together in a nightmarishly versatile manner. cardin's biggest problem however is that he is the exact opposite as his semblance {pressure} makes the person or thing it was used on feel like they were under increased gravity. unlike leons gravity suit cardin's semblance was subtle and hard to notice and as a result most of his opponents think he has gotten faster when in fact they have slowed down.

This was a useful ability without a doubt , however cardin wasted it by being a melee combatant focused on brute force while his semblance was geared towards ranged combat. the only reason cardin hadn't been beaten all that often was because most of his opponents focused on close combat as well. any long ranged combatant or opponent not slowed by his semblance would roll over him like a landslide. even with her flawed use of her semblance weiss fit this category perfectly as her glyphs made cardin's semblance useless and let her engage at range.

He quickly figured it out too as weiss steam rolled him from range with elemental attacks and boosting out of reach if he tried to approach. weiss on the other hand thought she had been paired with the wrong person since cardin was helpless against her and it showed with the look of dismissal on her face. that look filled cardin with rage as he was usually the one who had it but now someone was looking down on him and he was powerless to fix it. weiss hadn't even broken a sweat by the time the match came to an end while cardin was panting and crimson faced from a mix of exertion and impotent rage.

"Before we take this any further i would like to propose a little wager." leon spoke up with a grin. this got the students attention including cardin who looked away from glaring at weiss who was ignoring him. "i will accept challenges from each of you three times and if you beat me even once you get a perfect score until this training lesson officially ends in a few weeks. the catch is that breaking my shield is not enough to win but instead you must land a usually lethal blow on me." he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Pyrrha immediately shot her hand up "yes miss nikos?" leon asked calmly. "won't you die if we do that though?" she asked genuinely concerned. the rest of the students nodded in agreement and leon just pulled out his scroll and dialed ozpin on speaker for the rest of the class to hear. "good afternoon leon is there some important reason you have called?" everyone heard ozpin ask seriously. alex explained the situation to ozpin and the man went silent as he listened.

"I believe i understand your intentions in this regards but as for the students concerns they are unnecessary since killing you would be impossible for them." ozpin spoke up so the students could hear him clearly. "if there is nothing else i will get back to this paperwork until you inevitably call again for your other classes , goodbye leon." ozpin said and hung up on leon. "well you heard the man , any other concerns? no? alright then the challenge stands , any volunteers?" he asked with a wide grin. it did not surprise leon at all when weiss stood forward the challenge him after how disappointing her last match was.

"I have always been curious at how strong you are reported to be so i shall put it to the test." she said nobly. "alright then you will be the first challenge i receive but first let me remove my gravity suit." leon said calmly and she cocked her head to the side confused. "gravity suit? what do you mean?" she asked not understanding. leon removed the silk suit layer over the skin tight gravity suit and pointed at it. "this skin tight suit subjects my body to the effect of five time the normal gravity of the planet , restricting my strength and speed to that of a weak awakeners physical ability." he explained and the entire class looked dumbstruck. "i've been wearing it for most of the year." he said and weiss suddenly felt she had made a mistake challenging leon.

_________________________________________________

P@trEon: patreon.com/user?u=81578854

21