Chapter 24: 4 hours and 37 minutes
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”What a beautiful picture of motherhood”.

 

Jonas laughed as he teased me relentlessly. I held Cyan’s hand, traveling towards the bank of the river. I flushed when he leaned in close to finish his sentence.

 

”Now all we need to finish the picture is the father”.  He whispered and laughed lightly.

 

I paid no attention to my crazy best friend and his teasing. Instead, my interest lay with the small boy next to me. His tiny hand grasped my index finger with a great amount of force. Pale eyes danced around in amazement as he took it all in.

 

I held my steps causing him to stumble. He turned his head to face me. With a tiny thumb in his mouth, he looked to me with questioning eyes. ”Cyan, with all the commotion no one has asked if you're ok with staying with me?”

 

As he gave my question some thought he stood silently. I could see every one of his tiny expressions. When he finished his thought, he dropped his thumb from his mouth. Then suddenly the small boy gave a wide smile.

 

”You have a purple essence,” he said as he pointed towards my chest.

 

Without thinking my hand shot to my chest. I looked down to see if somehow my core had been released. There was nothing there, no color, no light. I gave a silent sigh of relief.

 

”How can you tell the color my essence when my core is malfunctioning?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders and gave me a simple answer.

 

”I can see it”

 

The answer was said to me as if it was so obvious. Cyan smiled at me and pressed his hand on my chest. ”So that means you're pure and honest”

 

”You can tell that just from the color of my core?” I asked in astonishment.

 

Cyan didn't give me a verbal answer. Instead, he just nodded lightly dropping his hand returning his thumb to his mouth. At such a young age his powers are very strong. With him being a demigod he’ll only get more powerful.

 

”Alright then, I guess it's time to go home”

 

With a wave of my hand, my scythe materialized. I tapped the ground twice causing a portal to appear. I tightened my grip on Cyan’s hand as we stepped inside. Seconds later the three of us emerged inside my home.

 

Jonas stretched his body and sighed. ”I'll never get tired of that, it's like a ride at an amusement park!”

 

Laughing at my best friend I shook my head. I turned my attention towards the small hand that held my own. Cyan looked to me to ask if it was ok. I gave a quick nod and watched as he walked off. His little legs took him to every corner of my home.

 

Jonas and I sat on the couch and watched Cyan wander throughout the rooms. ”So what's the plan”?

 

I turned to Jonas and smiled. ”To protect him, that's the plan”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Fates POV

 

Christos stood at his kitchen island, chopping different vegetables. Pitter patters of small feet ran into the room. Cyan walked over to Christos and wrapped himself around the reapers leg.

 

”Is there something you needed Cyan?”

 

The small demigod did not answer. Instead, he continued to hug the calf of the other. With his thumb in his mouth, he began to hum. Christos smiled at the younger cuteness and went back to chopping.

 

Back and forth from the island to the stove Cyan never let go. When the meal was completed they sat down for dinner. Soon there was a slight interruption. A portal appeared before the two. From the swirling entrance, Hypnos step forth.

 

Christos stood in shock and jogged to his mate's side. ”Why didn't you tell you were stopping by?”

 

Hypnos apologetically hung his head as he pulled the other close. He drew the reaper into a tight embrace. The impromptu hug stunned Christos into silence. As Hypnos gripped tighter, Christos’ body softened. The sleep God tucked his face into the crook of his mate's neck.

 

”It's been four hours and thirty-seven minutes since I've last seen you”

 

Hypnos whispered close to the small ear.

 

 

 

 

 

3