Chapter 26: Chess Pieces
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV

“Gabriel will you grant me one wish?” Phanes asked as he circled the man tied to the chair.

 

 The mans skinny frame made him look younger than he was. His pale complexion showed his malnutrition and dehydration. The haggard breathing came as the result of this treatment. What once were pure white wings are now stained black, with his blood. Exhaustion creaked from his bones as he twisted his body from side to side but, his eyes, his eyes held defiance.

 

 “I’m a dragon not the genie from that stupid lamp”

 

“Why do you say such mean words to me to me Gabriel?” The god of life asked with a pout to his face. “You hurt my feeling everyday and all I ever do is try to love you”

 

 Gabriel snorted and gave a tired laugh. He hung his head and jolted at his chains. “Love me? You call this Love!?” He screamed as he raised his arms. The blood stained wings fluttered slightly. “You can’t love someone, you’re physically incapable.” The old dragon shook his head. “How could someone’s whose heartless be the god of life?”

 

“I can see why you would say that, I will admit that I’m a tad bit…obsessive.” Phanes spoke as he brushed his fingers across the drooping wings. “But I assure you I am the best at what I do.” He leaned forward and placed a kiss to the dragons temple.

 

“I’ll return when you’re more willing to….corporate”

 

Each echoed step sent sharp pains through Gabriel’s heart. His body slumped forward as his muscles relaxed. Green tears trailed down his cheeks as he cried silently. “Just hold on a little while longer…He’ll come, he’ll save us”

~~~~~~~~

 

“Sire!”…”Sire!”

 

“What is it Wormyull!!?” The god of life stopped in his tracks, turned and yelled.

 

The small sniveling demon skidded to a stop before the god. He rung his hands constantly as he stood there nervous. “Sire…she’s here”

 

Phanes chuckled lowly into a smirk. “I’ll be right there.”

 

The demon servant bowed to his master and turned to leave.

 

“Wormyull!”

 

He stopped in his steps and began to shake. The tone of voice his master used was indeed frightening. He turned to face the god, holding his gaze to the floor. “Yes sire?”

 

“Check on Gabriel”

 

“Yes Sire.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 Iron doors creaked open as the god of life entered the inner office. The dark room smelled of sandalwood and vanilla due to the immense amount candles burning. Its warm scent was strong and hypnotic. It wrapped around his senses and enveloped him.

 

“I’ve been waiting for at least an hour.”

 

 Phanes smirked to himself, cupping his hands behind his back as he walked. His inner office was different than his regular office. This room is where he did all of his…work. Long legs carried him to the corner sofa. He slowly sat down never removing his gaze from his visitor.

 

“Are you expecting me to apologize?” Phanes asked with a teasing look.

 

A beautiful yet chilling chuckle echoed throughout the room. A small lithe arm raised and with a flick of the wrist the candles were extinguished. “For a God of Life you apparently do not care for your own.”

 

 Phanes snapped his fingers lighting the candle once more. This caused the glow from the sticks of wax to cast a glow upon the others face. Phanes smiled slightly and bowed his head. Crossing his legs he leaned back against the sofa relaxing his head back.

 

“My dear Hera, I’m a lover not a fighter.”

 

 

 

 

 

1