Chapter 27: A trip to the office
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, he really turned water into a living being?” Jonas asked astonished with the information I relaid.  I shushed my best friend trying to quiet him down. We were at my desk outside of Hypnos’ office. I was still serving my punishment that Lord Minos sentenced me with for reaping a soul without the proper judgment.

 

“Can you please not speak so loud, Cyan can hear you?” I asked in a hushed tone.

 

I brought the adorable little water wielder to work with me. I couldn’t just leave Cyan at home by himself and Hypnos thought it was a good idea as well. It was imperative to keep a close eye on him. He needed to be protected and at the moment no where was safer then here. ”Yes, he shaped water into a person and imbued him with his mana.”

 

Jonas turned his pink gaze towards Cyan who was now sitting, coloring on the floor. “With his mana, he brought the body of water to life?” He asked as he turned his questioning eyes back towards me. I took a minute before answering, My focus remained on the small boy before me. I guess Cyan felt my stare because he raised his crystal like eyes and smiled. I smiled back and answered: “And that’s why many will see him as a threat so we have to protect him”

 

“Well, anything you need you just let me know and I’ll handle it” Jonas said raising his arm flexing the small toned muscle.

 

I laughed and shook my head at my best friend. Suddenly the solid office door opened quickly. Standing in the door way was the man I loved. He stood with the presence of a God, the air of strength he presented filled the room. I inhaled deeply filling my lungs with his scent.

 

I watched as his pitch black eyes shifted towards me. The golden flakes danced in the office lights. “Christos, is everything alright here?”

 

His question broke my attention and brought me back. “Ah, yes, everything is alright.” My eyes drifted back and forth around the room wondering what he meant. I didn’t find anything out of the ordinary. Cyan remained in his little corner with colored pencils in hand. Jonas was now on his mobile, speaking with his mate no doubt.

 

“I felt a familiar heavy pressure.” Hypnos walked towards me and stood.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked suddenly on guard.

 

“It’s not a constant pressure, its as if it just wants us to know its here”

 

Immediately I turned towards Cyan and approached him. “Cyan is that you?” I asked. He nodded his head without looking up.

 

“If they feel multiple strong aura’s then they wont come in” he said nonchalantly as he continued to color.

 

I turned my head quickly catching my mates and my best friends gaze. Jonas whispered something into the phone before ending his call. He moved quickly to my side and stood. “What do you mean, they?” He asked.

 

Cyan put down his pencil and turned to us and smiled. “Its ok the demons wont come in they’re too weak.”

 

In understanding I close my eyes and spread my mana throughout the room. Suddenly I feel various tiny cracks in the atmosphere. “Hypnos you feel it now right?”

 

“Yes, take Cyan into my office”

 

I gathered Cyan in my arms and ushered him and Jonas into the inner office.

 

“Close the doors and DO NOT OPEN THEM UNTIL YOU FEEL MY MANA!!!” Hypnos yelled as I closed the doors.

 

“Why don’t we just bring him to Hell?” Jonas asked as he leaned against the office desk.

 

“If we open a portal now it will break the remaining barrier.” I sat on the ground and crossed my legs. “That will just make it easier for them to get in before we’re ready for them”

 

If I was going to attempt a spell this large, then I needed complete concentration. I took slow deep breaths, closing my eyes. My head hung low as I began to whisper the incantation.

 

Lost winds of souls reappear

Touch my heart and guide my hand

Lead me to Lavlemere

 

 

My body became shrouded in purple light as a pure white pocket watch appeared in my hands. I wound the time piece forward three times and set it on the ground.

 

“Are you ready?” Hypnos yelled through the door.

 

“Its ready!!” I answered. With a wave of my hand my scythe appeared. I raised it high above my head and brought the blade down on the watch. It shattered into small pieces. The air grew thicker and sounds of shattered glass echoed.

 

I dropped down to my knees exhausted from these actions. I leaned against my scythe trying my best to catch my breath. “Are you ok?”  Jonas asked as he ran to my side.

 

I gave him a small smile as I nodded. “I’m fine, this just always takes a lot out of me”

 

“What just happened?” He asked me.

 

Cyan reached down collecting the broken pieces of the watch. “You stopped time” he stated.

 

“Stopped time?”

 

I leaned against Jonas and exhaled. “That time piece is what you would call a piece of my soul” I say as I yawn.

 

Jonas nudged me away from him in shock. “What do you mean a piece of your soul?  You mean a piece of your soul essence?” He asked in fear.

 

“In short answer yes, its very dangerous, so that’s why I only use it during emergencies”

 

Jonas shot up. “Then why did you use it, this wasn’t an emergency!!” He screamed.

 

I tried my best to stand but struggled a little. I trudged towards the door and opened it slowly. I walked towards Hypnos and collapsed in his arms. I watched a Jonas followed behind me with Cyan. As soon as he saw the scene before us he looked at me.

 

“I would certainly call this an emergency wouldn’t you?”

 

I dropped down to my knees bringing Hypnos with me. He cradled me in his arms and I took refuge in his warmth. Taking another gaze at the room I sighed..

 

When time stopped, the barrier shattered like glass revealing the hidden demons. There were hundreds, their bodies suspended in time. Those weren’t the ones to be worried of. The most worrisome demon hovered inches above us caught in time. He was indeed an assassin, he used the other demons aura’s to cloak his own killing intent.

 

Hypnos raised cradling me and carried me to his sofa. “Cyan and Jonas stay with him” He said as he sat me down. I watched his broad shoulders flex as he walked away. With a wave of his hand a gust of wind sweeps through the room. In an instance the heads of the demons fell to the ground. Only the assassin remained.

 

Lifting his eyes to the ceiling Hypnos asked. “Does Hades know that Mt. Olympus has decided to take action?”

 

“Would I be here if he did?”

 

“Did Zeus sanction this?”

 

The assassin smiled wickedly, his razor shard teeth gleamed. Blood red eyes focused on me and gave a small wink. “He runs nothing it's Hera you should be afraid of”

 

Feeling a little bit better I gathered my strength and sat up. Jonas and Cyan gave me a hand as I propped myself up against the arm of the sofa. “Why now?’ I asked as I narrowed my eyes at the assassin.

 

“Tick or Tock? He replied in a teasing tone.

 

In confusion I raised myself from the sofa and began to approach him. Before I could get close Hypnos pulled me back by my waist. The assassins eyes shot towards my waist and he smiled. Hypnos whispered “No” close to my ear. I nodded my head and focused my attention back on the trapped demon before me. “What does that mean?”

 

With a gleaming razor sharp smile he laughed out loud. The sickly echo sent a shiver through me. “Choose one and maybe I’ll answer the question.”

 

He laughed again but this time it was more in a teasing tone. Jonas ran towards me and whispered: “This is definitely a trick.” I knew that it was suspicious but, a trick, I'm not so sure of. “So, depending on which I choose you’ll answer me?”

 

With a wicked smile and small head nod he answered. “Yes”

 

“Ok, then, I choose Tock”

 

The assassin clicked his tongue in annoyance and sighed. “If only you had chosen tick.” He laughed and sighed again. “Why? The reason why of course, is because of this little one.” His blood red eyes switched to Cyan. “It was a request from Poseidon, Hera’s favorite little brother.” He tilted his head to get a better view of Cyan and continued, “I was told that I could dispose of him any way I wanted, just as long as he was dead. You see with mana as strong as his, if I ate his heart then I’d become a God!”

 

“Ate his heart?” Anger welled in me and sprang to my core. I reached my hand out but before I could do anything Jonas had placed his hand on the assassin. Immediately I saw the life force drain from the demon. His body deteriorated leaving nothing but skin, bones and two small horns.

 

I watched as Jonas placed his glove back onto his hand and sighed. “He talked too much” He stated as he walked away.

2