Chapter:9 A New Face
156 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”What does he mean come to work for him?” Jonas asked me in a questioning manner.

 

I looked towards Hypnos with a pleading gaze. I understand that this wouldn't be a secret especially after Jonas actually sees me working here but, he at least could've waited for me to tell him. So now I have to calm my best friend down and explain the situation to him.

 

Grabbing Jonas by his shoulders I took a deep breath. ”After seeing Minos he gave me a punishment for the soul I sent to Thanatos”

 

”But that wasn't you're fault!” Jonas shouted and ending with a pout and crossing his arms.

 

My lips formed a thin line as my eyebrows furrowed. ”I know and so does Minos that's why he gave me a break on the penalty”

 

”You call working with him being lenient?” he asked pointing towards Hypnos.

 

My eyes immediately shot towards the silent sleep God. He gave my best friend a meaningful side-eye but otherwise said nothing. Then lazily he shifted his stance and walked to his desk and studied a few papers.

 

”Um, it's ok Jonas I'm sure it's better than the alternative” I answered with a small smile. ”Plus it won't be as bad as you're making it; Hypnos is pretty cool” I replied as I gazed shyly towards my soon to be boss.

 

A short snort came from the small frame before me. Rolling his eyes at me he chuckled. Leaning in close he smirked, ”Is that your unbiased opinion or is that your dick talking?”

 

I pushed Jonas back as my face obviously showed a stunned expression. ”You! You!” I mumbled out as I pointed furiously at him.

 

Jonas just laughed even louder which caught the attention of Hypnos. I immediately pulled Jonas towards me putting my hand across his mouth. His muffled giggles could still be heard.

 

”Hush, are you trying to out me?” I asked in a quiet tone.

 

”Be here tomorrow at 7 and please leave your little lizard at home” Hypnos announced breaking up our hushed conversation.

 

Jonas’ pink orbs grew three sizes in shock. He narrowed his eyes into slits and growled through my hands. Sinking his teeth into my palm I immediately snatch it back. I held the bruised hand towards my chest.

 

”You poor excuse for a God!” he growled out as he turned to face Hypnos. ”My name is Jonas, Christos is my best friend and if you call me a lizard again I'll burn down your office with you inside it!”

 

”Jonas!!!” I yelled in shock.

 

Hypnos held his hand up stopping me from replying. He focused his dark stare on my small best friend and blinked slowly.

 

”In the interest of your best friend,” he said poignantly as he shifted his eyes towards me. ”I will from now on address you as Jonas and not little lizard” he finished as his eyes drifted back to Jonas. 

 

”So you're calling a truce between us?” Jonas asked.

 

Hypnos sighed lightly and walked around his desk and took a seat. He crossed his arms in front of him and eyed us quietly.

 

”I am, I want us to get along for the sake of your friend making it through the month”

 

”So, you care nothing for me you're just trying to get to my friend huh?” Jonas asked with a slight smirk.

 

I slapped my best friend's arm and whispered. ”Jonas, what are you doing?”

 

Hypnos didn't respond but, instead, he stared at me with intensity. I swallow thickly and dropped my head. I heard him stand and walk to his desk chair. Taking a seat he cleared his throat. I raised my head and watched closely. Hypnos opened a file on his desk and spoke.

 

”We’ll go over your duties as my personal assistant tomorrow, so don't be late” Hypnos announced as he flipped through a page.

 

Jonas let out a loud chuckle. I sighed and grabbed his hand pulling him out of the room: ”I’ll be here on time”. I answered as I slammed the door.

 

I walked ahead of Jonas leaving him behind. He jogged to my side and bumped into me. Leaning into my side he laughed.

 

”Are you angry with me?” he asked.

 

I rotated my head to see him smiling brightly at me. I shake my head and turn back to the front and sped up my steps.

 

”I was only trying help” he yelled as he chased after me.

 

Arriving at my shop I opened the door and quickly entered. I walked to the back room grabbing my apron and putting it on. I stood behind the front counter and started going though my orders.

 

”Are you really going to give me the silent treatment?” Jonas asked as he pushed open the door. Walking in he stopped at the counter. He placed both hands on the surface and leaned forward. Tilting his head he tried his best to catch my eye.

 

When I didn't return his gaze he sighed quietly and leaned back. ”Ok look I may have overstepped on my question but, I just really wanted to gauge his feelings towards you”

 

Slamming my laptop shut I furrowed my brows and answered. ”You embarrassed me, Jonas”

 

”I know, I know and I'm sorry about that but, you got your answer”

 

Looking at my best friend with a questioning look I raised my left eyebrow.

 

”He’s making you his personal assistant.” he smirked. ”That means you get to spend time with him; getting to know him intimately ”

 

Understanding his implications my cheeks flushed red. ”Nothing will come from this he's not interested in me like that” I answered shaking my head. ”And why would you worry about this, you don't even like him”

 

My best friend broke out into a thunderous laugh. ”My dear dear naive but cute grim reaper he is very interested” he replied. ”And I may not care for him but my best friend does, so I'll support your love but the minute he hurts you ill bite off his head and piss down his neck,” he said with a murderous smile.

 

Before I could respond, the bell above the door rang and the door to the shop sprang opened.

At the entrance stood a small young vampire. His smile was extremely bright showing his elongated fangs. His eyes turned into slits concealing his eyes.  It made him seem very adorable but, I still felt an aura of danger from him. His skin glistened in the morning sun almost like glass. As he began to speak I could see his eyes. They were a beautiful blue resembling the azure like sky.

 

”Um, excuse me, I'm Zyhem the temp hired by Mr. Eamon”

 

I blinked slowly bringing myself out of my thoughts. Quickly taking steps towards him I reach my hand out.

 

”Oh, yes welcome Zyhem,” I said as I shook his hand. ”I'm Christos this is my shop and this is my best friend; Jonas” I answered as I mentioned behind me.

 

”Thank you, sir, and it's nice to meet you both” he replied as the cute little vampire shook both our hands.

 

I giggled at his cuteness turning to walk away. ”It's ok you can just call me Christos.”

 

”Oh, okay Christos”

 

”Zyhem have you ever worked in a florist shop before?” I ask as I stood behind the counter.

 

Jonas mimics my actions but leans against me instead. I eyed my best friend seeing as he hasn't spoken one word since Zyhem arrived. That was not normal so I was a little worried. To my surprise, I saw Jonas studying the vampire. In return, the Zyhem smiled brightly again as he giggled.

 

”Well, not a florist shop per se but, my best friend is a flower fairy so I've learned a few things here and there”

 

”Tha-

 

”Ahhh now I know where I've seen you” Jonas yelled interrupting me. ”You're the little temptress who hangs around Thanatos”

 

Suddenly Zyhem's cute smile turned into a sly smirk. ”And you're the water demon who stalks Thanatos” he answered back.

 

Jonas flinched at the accusation and pointed at the little vampire. ”How dare you, I do not stalk him, I just admire his beauty from afar,” he said as he humphed crossing his arms and turned his head.

 

I leaned into my best friends side and whispered.

 

”That sounds a little bit like stalking”

 

Jonas gasped in disbelief as his head snapped towards me.

”You're taking his side now?” he questioned.

 

With an apologetic smile, I held my hands up in defeat.

 

”He knows you're there,” Zyhem said interrupting the impending assault from my best friend.

 

”Wait, what!”

 

 

 

 

11