Ch 4. Demons
884 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Chapter - 4

---

[Gift System is Connected!]

[Good Luck from Now On!]

“System. Isn’t this something all isekai anime have. But it’s better not to trust it quickly. Who knows what is this System’s motive?”

Akira or Arthur which is new name was sitting in his home which is no way a proper home. But that is his only place to rest. The moon was up, but the crowd in lawless area was no less, better to say the people coming in increased.

The day is for laws and nights are for lawless.

But for him who is living by begging has nothing to do with the shady shops opened in midnight all across the alley. At a glance, people can identify that this place is a Black Market. A place for trade of illegal goods.

Arthur now was very different from his previous naïve self who thought everything is going to fine. But now he knows that he has to survive and for that he is going to anything. Just after he killed those bullies, he washed up all blood in muddy waters and then quietly came into his tent of rags and lied down thinking of his future.

After rationally thinking, he found the best source of income for him. That is being a Demon Hunter.

Till now, he didn’t knew what are demons but he kind of guessed it. With his intellect, it is pretty easy.

The demons in this world is not like the ones from Kimetsu no Yaiba. The demon boar was alright in sunlight. The way to distinguish between them is quite simple. And that is the vile aura released by it all the time. It is like announcing everyone that I am a demon, come and kill me.

But Arthur as a beggar used his profession to get more information on these demons. And then later on he understood what the demons are.

Demons are animals who goes on rampage when they can’t get control over their strong mana. The aura coming out of the demon boar was mana which was very vile and unpleasing.

Arthur then guessed that humans also might get convert into demons. Then after more digging, he found the right information. An information very important to him. And that is about the Demonoid or Devil.

Demonoid and Devil is the term specially used for humans who have become demon. Till now there is only one case. And apparently that one case almost destroyed a kingdom.

Earlshide Kingdom. A kingdom which is very famous because of this particular incident. Nowadays, he always heard that Earlshide Kingdom is the best kingdom in terms of everything. People are very happy in that country, such this or such that.

But Arthur never believed that. A perfect country doesn’t exist. It is not possible in any means. Yes, it can be better but perfect… if someone says that it means he wants to scam you.

Even in his previous world, where countries were more developed in everything – Technology, Foods, Education, Healthcare, etc are not perfect.

Now, that one devil almost destroyed the kingdom. The word ‘almost’ is used because the devil didn’t succeed.

Like just a cliché plot, in times of crises heroes are born. A Magician and an Enchanter teamed up and destroyed the devil and saved the kingdom from peril. And now their names are all around the world and everybody respect them.

Magic is divided into two types. First is Magician. The simplest occupation in this field. They use mana to cast spells. And second is Enchanter. Enchanter are also magicians but their expertise lies in the creation of magic tools.

Magic tools are tools that can use magic or help people in using magic. And that’s why Enchanters are more famous than magicians because the tools made by them help common people greatly.

Now, back to story… the magician was rewarded with the title of “Sage” and the enchanter was rewarded with the title of “Guru.” Both of them are so much famous that Arthur didn’t believed it.

Many films are made on them. Many books are written on them. If people see them, they just rush over them to get autographs and such.

Basically, they are high class celebrities in this world. And both of them so much power that they can just can overturn a country’s king’s decision with one word. Just like the heroes, Arthur wanted to become.

After listening to this story, Arthur was more determined. Not to become a hero, but to become the strongest. If he becomes strong, he doesn’t have live the way currently he is, and he doesn’t have to fear anybody. Even if they are Sage and Guru.

Now after that one incident fear of demons increased in people. So, Demon hunters are people who hunt demons for a sum. And it’s a high paying job but there are risks or death as well. And fortunately for the people, no more devils are born till now.

24