Ch 5. Gift System
896 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Chapter 5

---

Now, Demon hunters are very demanding job. Even though Arthur has decided to do this job, he lacks the most important aspect for this job.

Strength.

He don’t have any strength in his frail body. The reason he was able to kill those thugs was all because of sudden spurt of adrenaline.

And with over the top, he hasn’t eaten anything for days. Due to lack of food, his body is very malnourished. And he also don’t have any knowledge of martial arts except from the one he watched in anime which is impossible for him due to his weak body.

So, the arrival of system gave him some hope. But the hope isn’t that big. And he is cautious of it as well.

Due to his encounters with the dark side, Arthur have changed. He lost his naïve side. But it doesn’t mean he lost his humanity. He don’t intend do the same things as those thugs who flaunt their power on weak people.

To be cautious of an unknown thing is common. It’s a human instinct to be afraid. Arthur knew the capabilities of System because of his previous world. And he has a bit hope on it. But if system isn’t good, then it is not a problem for him. He will try and live in his way. But if system is good, then… well he will happy for a bit.

He opened the system just like other protagonists do. But then he found that his system is totally different from others.

Gift System. The main feature of this system is already in name. The system gives “Gifts” to host. But at a condition. If Arthur makes an achievement, the system will rewards him. If not, then nothing. Not even sort of penalty.

The system is simple and is based on taking risks. Take risks and succeed to win rewards. And one more thing, is that it doesn’t have status!

Arthur opened system only to see a very small panel that has a category – Gifts. He opened it and then found two gifts box. And beside the first one was written - Novice Gift Pack. And beside the second one was written - Weapon Gift Pack.

---

Gift System

Gifts-

[1. Novice Gift Pack – x1]

[2. Weapon Gift Pack – x1]

---

Beneath the ‘Gifts’ category, there was a category – Achievement. All achievements are recorded for which gifts are given.

---

Gift System

Gifts-

[1. Novice Gift Pack – x1]

[2. Weapon Gift Pack – x1]

Achievements-

[1. Traveller – You have travelled through the dimensions! Reward – Previous Dimension Memories.]

[2. Adapter – You have adapted to your surroundings and managed to survive. Reward – Novice Gift Pack – x1]

[3. First Kill – You a person who lived in previous dimension without killing, committed a kill in different dimension. – Weapon Gift Pack – x1]

---

“So, the reason for having my memories is because of this system.”

Arthur looked at all his achievements. The first was when he woke up in this world. Second and third one was probably after his killing. If he didn’t kill, he would have died. So, the killing to survive and killing itself are the achievements that are listed.

And then he looked if there is any other category. But he didn’t find any other than these two. So, after logically thinking, Arthur knew how the system works.

First, you have to gain an achievement. And you get a reward and that reward is a bit matching with the achievement.

He survived that’s why he got a Novice Gift Pack. And he killed, so for killing he got a Weapon Gift Pack.

Second is that there are no quests. All achievements, he can receive have no direction. It means the system won’t give him work. Do work yourself and that work should be unique if you want to receive reward for the work.

Arthur was pretty much satisfied at the rules of system. He returned to ‘Gifts’ category and opened it. And clicked on the 1st Gift – Novice Gift Pack. For now, he was has no strength and no capital has no way to survive. And his age of five is also a problem.

So, he believed and relied for the system after knowing properly how it works.

So, he clicked on the gift which started shaking just like in games. After shaking for 2-3 seconds, it bursts with light coming out of it. He closed his eyes due to intense light and then he gets a notification. He slowly opened his eyes to see what he got from the gift pack.

[New Category is now opened!]

[Rewards is opened!]

[Rewards – Keeps all records of gifts received from the gift packs in a systematic manner.]

[You have opened 1x Novice Gift Pack!]

[Congratulations! You received the reward – Adam’s Body.]

23