Ch 13. Aftermath
588 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13

---

“So, for now I should check up all achievements.” 

Arthur was sitting a bit lazily on his wooden couch which he made himself. If somebody enters his room, he/she would shriek about seeing the piled gold and silvers scattered just in a corner without much care. 

Arthur was looking in the imaginary screen of system to see his achievements listed this time. 

[Congratulations! You’ve earned achievements!] 

[Assassin: For the first time, you assassinated someone. Reward: Skill – Concealment.] 

“Oh? It seems system can also give rewards without gifts.” 

Arthur was quite surprised as he saw getting a skill [Concealment] even without any unwrapping of a gift box. He opened to read the skill’s description. 

--- 

Rewards- 

Skill - [Concealment]: 

Concealment is a skill that helps to hide the user’s presence. This skill is a must learn for every assassin. By using mana, this skill can be used more effectively. 

Features- 

1. Presence Concealment: The user can hide his presence which can help him to do any action stealthy and inconspicuously. 

--- 

“This skill… is pretty good for hunts.” 

Arthur who was already to forest to some point could imitate to blend into surroundings to hunt smoothly. With this particular skill, he was happy to make his hunts easier. And if he gets into trouble, he can use this skill to flee easily. 

Then he opened the “Achievements” tab to see the other achievements he got during the fight. 

[Killer: You have killed a human for the first time for your own purpose. Reward: Skill – Bloodlust.] 

“This time also I got a skill directly. Hmm… Skill [Bloodlust].” 

--- 

Skill – [Bloodlust]: 

Bloodlust is the skill that helps you to increase your killing intent as much you kill. This skill can be used to scare any living being except the strong ones. 

Features- 

1. Intimidation: Bloodlust can be directed at somebody to instil fear in them which can scare them or can seal his movements due to fear for some time. 

2. Killing infusion: This particular killing intent can be instilled into weapons to make it more deadly during battles. 

--- 

“The last one?” 

[Bare-Handed: You defeated an enemy above you bare handed. Reward: Weapon Gift Box – 1] 

“This time it is a gift pack.” 

Arthur looked at his achievement and thought of his fight. The fight he fought was really a close call and just because of his body features and instincts, he was able to defeat Troy. 

“I have practice more if I want to live.” 

Then he opened the gift pack he received from his achievement [Bare-Handed]. 

[You have opened 1x Weapon Gift Pack!] 

[Congratulations! You have received Volund – Knuckleduster! (Unconscious)] 

--- 

Weapon – [Volund: Knuckleduster]: 

This knuckleduster is not a normal one. One of the Valkyrie sisters – Reginleif herself is this weapon which can be used when the user’s and Valkyrie’s hearts are one. For now, this weapon is sealed and can’t exert its true power but it can be lifted with a chant – Volund. 

Features- 

1. Weapon Will: This weapon is the Valkyrie – Reginleif herself. With the will of her, this weapon is very powerful enough to smash everything. 

2. Un-Divinity: This weapon can cause harm to everyone. Even to gods who have divinity in them. 

3. Quality: this weapon has unbelievable durability and quality and is unbreakable. The only time it will break is when the user is dead. 

--- 

“This weapon is very good. But I kind of wished getting a long-ranged hand weapon such as katana or a sword. But I guess, I was expecting too much.” 

Arthur checked all his rewards he received and then returned then into the system’s space. Arthur was quite unsatisfied for not having an inventory which most system have in them. It annoyed him to keep things in bag to travel. 

“Beggars can’t be choosers. But I heard that there is a magic like inventory. Many magicians use it to keep things in different alternate space as storage. If I could learn it would be better but I don’t even know how to use a low-level spell.” 

Arthur was in a predicament as he didn’t know the methods to use magic. In this fantasy world having another way to defend himself is very essential. Especially when its too powerful. How could Arthur who has a hunger for strength could discard magic from his diet? 

“So, its decided. The next step is to learn magic.” 

20