Ch 20. Violet Evergarden
554 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Violet Evergarden.

The girl in front of him was a perfect replica of what he saw in anime.

Beautiful like a doll.

Though she still has her hands instead of prosthetics.

The girl looked at him as he named her. 

"So, how about you follow me from now on?"

Violet didn't reply just grabbed a corner of his intending that she didn't want to go away.

Arthur didn't mind her and took her with him. After coming and experiencing various things, finally he got someone to share his life with.

He turned and looked at her walking behind him.

'Even though I wasn't showing, I guess I was lonely down there.'

He patted her once again which made it weird to see a small boy patting a small girl of same age.

Even though, Arthur was happy to find a companion it was a problem for him because he still has to complete his mission.

"But first let's get you washed up."

He came out of his disguise and with a combine water and wind spell he cleaned and changed his clothes in a minute.

And he did the same to Violet. After the wash, she shone like a beauty! Though her face was still expression less.

"Now about the clothes... Since I don't gave girl clothes, we have to buy it."

Money was the last problem ever to him. After the loot in bandits and with his occasional hunt of powerful demons, money is full packed in his storage.

But still he couldn't help but get angry at the high prices of the clothes sold here.

"If the country gets corrupt this is what happens."

But how could he also blame the seller. They pay high taxes, so to live they have to increase prices of their merchandise.

Arthur reluctantly paid the money and Violet wore the dresses he bought.

A white full shirt and a blue shirt beneath.

'She is really a bonafide doll.'

"Now it's time to investigate for what I came here for. But wait! What should I do about you?"

Arthur looked at Violet was still clutching shirt's corner tightly. And then she noticed him looking at her and she looked up in Arthur's blue eyes with her eyes.

"As expected. She won't leave me, isn't she? But now if I move in these good clothes, it will be difficult to ask people for info and being a child itself is a problem. Hmm... Sigh! It seems I don't have any choice."

Arthur grabbed Violet's hand and took her with him.

"From now you follow me for the rest of your life, okay?"

Violet who didn't knew what people say, and obviously she didn't understand what he said. But for some reason she felt a warm fuzzy feeling inside her heart which made her not to leave his side

---

"For first we are going to disguise ourselves."

Arthur changed his clothes back to the rags and also helped Violet to change her clothes. He kept them in his storage and then applied a mana barrier all over her body.

In normally, people use mana barrier because it is the most easiest magic to manifest. And Arthur found that because people here are not that creative and don't use this barrier in useful manners.

Normally you can use the barrier to fend off magic attacks. But imagine making many barrier which are small in size. And then apply all over your body which can act as an magic armor.

It is a creative but it needs more control and magic and mental power. It may be problem for others but not for him.

And he casted it on Violet, because of defense but also because she was just cleaned and he didn't wanted her to be dirty again because of rags.

Both children - Arthur and Violet disguised themselves and started to roam all around the city slowly acting like poor abandoned children with nothing to eat.

"I don't like this act, but have to keep up for the future."

Violet who him naturally followed what he was doing with him. They perfectly looked like a brother and sister.

<Mana Enhancement: Ears>

Arthur enhanced his ears to see if he can hear something. 

"Aargh!"

He for a moment clutched his head but then stood up again like a normal slum boy.

"Whenever, I use enhancement in ears all types of sound just rush in making me just insane."

As he was walking down, he finally listened something very interesting.

"You know, a week ago a noble was killed by the commoners."

"Yeah! I heard it too. Damn those nobles! They just should die!"

"I heard he was a duke!"

The people were talking and cursing at the nobles because it is indeed true. Anybody would be angry with that pieces of scum. Arthur wasn't surprised by the fact that they were cursing, but he was indeed surprised how commoners killed a noble.

"A duke got killed by commoners? It's too fishy."

18