Ch 21. Schemed Murder
513 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Duke. A noble status just second to the King. And the one who was killed in was a duke who obviously holds the right to become the king.

"So, fishy. I have to investigate."

Arthur was a person who came from the world where politics was undoubtedly at the top. It ruled the world.

Even though he was a geek, it's not that he wasn't knowledgable about politics.

That's why from just the gossip of the people, he knew that something is fishy for sure. And his instinct is also screaming that the mission is definitely related to this incident.

Arthur walked limply with violet in his side and both of them sat next to the beggar seemed a bit kind than the others.

"Uncle, what happened to the kind duke?"

Arthur asked in a childish voice. Using the kid's power to make other lower their guards. The beggar looked at him and felt a bit pity for Arthur.

The beggar thought Arthur as a child who came because of the rumours of the kind duke in Bluesphere Empire.

Oliveira Von Schtradius.

The known kind duke who was killed by its own citizens.

"Kid. That duke was no kind man. He was a villain who used to abduct commoner children."

The beggar said to him with his anger directed to the unseen duke.

"You probably came here because you heard about him... Heh! Same as me. But what here was just a illusion."

The beggar laughed sadly and patted Arthur's head.

Arthur was indeed a moved by the card the beggar showed to him, but he remembered his own oath.

"Oh! Thank you, beggar uncle for telling me."

"You don't have to thank me."

The beggar smiled kindly and patted his head a bit more.

---

"So, he was killed in the pretext of abducting commoner children."

Arthur somehow finally came after leaving the beggar uncle. It was very difficult for him to just rudely leave the uncle, since he showed care for him.

"I have analyze it from the start. Let's first assume that the Duke was a bad person. And then he was discovered, and got killed by the commoners. It is all life of a normal person. But something is wrong. If he was bad person, then he would definitely cherish his life and would at least keep a private army near him.

But he didn't had that. And he apparantly, didn't had any concubines as well. If he was really bad and selfish person, then this all would be clear in public.

But... It's not there. Something about this doesn't feel right.

Now if the duke was a good person and indeed helped people, then someone framed him for some reason and he was killed.

Reason? Money? No. If the duke was kind to people then he wouldn't be that rich. And he was killed by the commoners. If he was rich, then he would have a private army for him just like other nobles.

Then, the reason for his murder would be definitely because of his rising political power. He was kind and many commoners loved him. And he had the right to throne. He was the best candidate for the king.

Now comes who killed him from behind the scenes? It will be naturally the one who benefited the most. So, who is that person?"

Arthur tried to remember every detail in his mind he heard about the Bluesphere Empire.

"Wait! Who is the current king?"

And Arthur arrived at the answer. Herald Von Richmond. Or Herald Von Bluesphere since he became the king soon after the Oliveira's death.

"Herald Von Richmond was same as Oliveira, was a duke with the right to the throne. And he must have felt the tipping scales of political power, and should have schemed this murder by framing Oliveira Von Schtradius."

But what now?

Arthur was a bit confused. He indeed solved the crime of Duke Oliveira, but what does it have to do with him?

"I thought, I was getting close but I am missing some detail. What is it?"

Arthur thought very much but he still couldn't find the missing link between the murder and increase of demons.

"Sigh. I should go to the destroyed territory of Schtradius. Hmm.... How did the territory got destroyed?

If it was just a fire to kill the duke, it should be enough. But the whole territory... Now I really have to go to the destroyed territory.

Violet, let's go."

Arthur took Violet's hand and both of them started to walk towards the destroyed territory of Schtradius.

17