Ch 22. Answers
492 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Bluesphere Empire was a nation made up annexing many small countries. And the nobles of the dominant country, took part in ruling the territories of this new nation.

It may look insignificant, but ruling a territory means a lot to a noble. Especially for the greedy nobles.

The more people stay in their territory, the more tax they charge and more money they get. A total exploiting business.

"From the rumours, many people were transferring to this territory. Don't tell me, they killed him because of this?"

Arthur was walking with Violet, which is when he found a more reason for Duke's framed death.

"But still is just like a doll."

Arthur looked at the girl next to him. She doesn't say anything, though she can't speak, she should be more expressive with her emotions and gestures.

But she doesn't do any of that. When given water, she drinks. Given food, she eats. And she don't ask for more.

Whatever he does it for her, she accepts it. Just like a doll.

"When I return, I will teach you to live freely and happily."

With a bright smile, he patted her hair and both of walked all the way the territory of Schtradius.

---

Territory of Schtradius....

Arthur arrived only to see the destroyed piece of land. Dead bodies were still piled up and nobody even cares for them.

It was a very perfect place for stray omnivorous animals.

He was feeling very nauseous looking at such a place. He turned side to see if violet was alright.

And she was watching if it's just a scenery. Truly nothing reflected in her eyes.

"T-This... Demonic mana!!"

Arthur was shocked as he felt the abundant demonic mana being present in this place. The mana was fading but he could feel it.

Having [Adam's Body] makes him too sensitive to different types of energy in surroundings.

<Magic Sense: Search>

This magic expands his own mana which as a radar. Arthur could detect everything that has mana inside his range of search.

"This. I found it."

After searching, he found the place with the most amount demonic mana. It's fading with time but it is indeed present.

"It's a bit far. If I don't go in time it will be difficult. I have to carry her. Violet, come here."

Arthur crouched down and gestured Violet to hold him from behind.

"Hold me back."

Violet silently walked and grabbed him from his back.

"Yosh!"

Arthur grabbed her thighs, so she doesn't slip from his back.

"It's my first piggyback ride. At least I am happy to give it to a girl."

<Mana Enhancement: Acceleration>

<Magic Spell: Zero Friction>

A blue magic circle beneath him came out of nowhere, and Arthur activated his magic.

Holding Violet steadily, he in a flash disappeared from the place.

He was running very fast at an unnatural speed for a child of his age. With his continuous increase of acceleration, his speed grew even more and finally Arthur reached his destination.

<Magic Cancel: Acceleration>

<Magic Cancel: Zero Friction>

<Magic Spell: Air Cushion>

"Whoa! I finally stopped! Everytime I use [Acceleration], the speed increases to a level it is hard to stop. It's good that I thought of a good speed."

Arthur crashed into his self designed spell he made particular for these purposes. [Air Cushion], is a spell that makes a soft cushion in air that takes all recoil of object slammed into it.

"I have design this [Acceleration] spell more properly, after all in battle it won't be easy to use this cushion spell. Oh! Violet are you, alright?"

He sat down, to get Violet down and looked at her if she is good. The same.

"It seems you are alright."

Arthur already knew she won't be able to answer him. Or she will able to understand him.

But still he won't treat her badly. Humans are beings who can mainly work with emotions. Even if she can't understand, she can obviously feel the emotions.

Like some fuzzy feeling getting inside her making her comfortable.

Arthur looked at eyes which shined a bit more.

'She seems to be a bit more expressive.'

He nodded and then walked to place with too much demonic energy.

"This... If I am sure, this part of land was the place of Duke's house.

Don't tell me? No no no. It is not possible. No, it is possible but the chances of it is very low."

Devil, that's what came to his mind first. Since, Arthur didn't knew much about devils, he was wasn't sure.

But looking at destruction, and with traces of demonic mana all over it he was more 50% sure.

But he wasn't fully sure. 

"Nobles inherently have high amount of magic power. And if he really fell.... No, he should have fallen in despair."

Arthur after connecting all dots, finally figured out the problem.

But surely nobody will believe him. Who will believe of existence of a devil?

But there is a question he still wasn't able to answer.

"Why he doesn't destroy everything?"

After becoming demon, the animals goes in rampage destroying everything in sight. Years ago, the first devil was in rampage which almost destroyed Earlshide Kingdom.

If the Duke became a devil, then he should have gone into rampage. But nothing sort of happened.

It made Arthur doubt whether he is right or not. And finally, he arrived at two answers.

"It's either he didn't became devil and destroyed this territory in his last breaths, or he became a devil...and is able to stay conscious."

16