Ch 23. God
535 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

"For no reason, my instinct is just screaming that it's latter. And if it's true then... It is will be a disaster."

Arthur was indeed very worried about the future.

If the Duke became a devil with his consciousness intact, then it's the worst that could happen.

Because a devil with a consciousness... For others to defeat them will be very tasking. The reason till now humans could win against demons was because they don't have a thinking capability.

They go on a rampage as soon their mana gets corrupted, and though it increases their all specs, it also makes them predictable.

And that Duke Oliviera... He is not a demon but a devil! A human demon!

And a human being demon is very different from a random animal becoming a demon!

"If he has gone to hiding it means he must be plotting something. I don't what his goal is but at least I am sure that he intends to destroy this Bluesphere Empire."

How could he not revenge against this Empire and its people?

He worked hard to give them a life of comfort, but they didn't even believe him and just burned his wife and infant child alive.

"There is no way he is going to forgive them."

Arthur could easily understand that Duke. After all, he also went through something like that, when he first arrived in this world.

*Grab*

Arthur looked side to see Violet looking at him with worry in her eyes holding the corner of his shirt tightly.

Arthur's eyes widened as he saw her eyes showing emotions.

"Yeah, Good. That's beautiful."

Arthur patted her and smiled beautifully as a shed of tears fell from the corner of his eyes.

"Let's return. Shall we?"

*Nod*

Violet didn't know what to say but instinctively she nodded.

While Arthur was happy and kept smiling with Violet beside him. And she was looking at his face.

He didn't know, that today his smile is etched on Violet's mind from this day to the future.

---

"What would I say to the old man? Even if I tell him everything I discovered, there is no way he would believe it. After all, the emergence of a devil is very absurd to believe."

Even if Arthur runs all around to warn people, who will believe him? And when the devil will show himself, the same people who ignored him will come to him for help.

"This is also why I don't like humans."

Arthur was walking in his regular beggar clothes, when he saw a long line of peasants, in front of some building.

"What they are doing here? Let's see. A Church.

....

Are you serious?"

Arthur looked at the peasants lined up and couldn't believe it. He could see the fat priest in charge of the church who just gives off the aura of unholy.

How the fuck he could be a believer of God?

When Arthur reincarnated, he searched for as possible countries known here. And just like every fantasy world, he found a country that is ruled by religion.

Ys Holy Nation. A country dominated by religion.

From his point of view, it's just ridiculous.

If someone asks Arthur if he believes in God, then it's true. After all, he himself was reincarnated. At least he believes that God exists.

But if someone asks him if he worships God, then it's a straight No!

To him, it's just very simple. I understand god exists, but it has nothing to do with me, right?

When you are hungry does he gives you food?

When you are sick, does he comes and cure you?

If God was really that helpful you claim, then shouldn't he just make the world peaceful?

If he can't interfere, then there is no reason for me to worship God.

For the intelligent, God is nothing but a tool to control people. Just like this fat ugly priest is doing in front of him.

He is ripping off the riches of peasants in the name of God claiming that God will forgive all of your sins if you donate money.

"If I erase a scum like this, maybe at least I can get my sins forgiven by God."

Arthur opened his storage and drew his iconic black katana.

'My lord! Why did you put me inside the storage?!! And you are even in a different place but yet you didn't show it to me?!!'

As soon, Arthur took out Rengoku, she started to throw all types of childish rants inside his head.

'I really forgot about Rengoku.'

Arthur indeed promised Rengoku, but really forgot about her.

"Sorry, Rengoku. I will make it up to you. But for now... I need to kill this scum!"

As if responding to his emotions, the center of the katana shined red.

At this moment, Arthur himself didn't knew it but he have changed from the cold boy he was. He gave himself an excuse, but what he did was to save people.

The hero inside was coming outside unknown to him.

17