Ch 41. Discussion of Board Members
392 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Magic Academy…

The exam has finished, but the results are yet to be out. And for that specific reason, inside the room, all high-level authorities of the academy are sitting and discussing about the results of the students.

Normally, they don't appear together to discuss about these miscellaneous things, but this time Sage's grandson in the one who is going to enter the academy.

Just the name, is enough make all of them get up from beds and come in the hall to discuss about it.

And the one reporting the results to them, was the same very familiar – the lady teacher from the practical exam.

"Was the Sage's grandson really that strong?"

Despite hearing it from the examiner, the man didn't believe it. Or rather, couldn't find himself believe it. Because Shin Walford, even though he is Sage's grandson, he still is not a full-fledged adult. But still, he holds too much power not proportional to his age.

"Yes. He intended to hold back his powers but still half-destroyed the facility. All the target practices are dust. He didn't chant either and it took him mere moments to cast it."

"Seriously…."

The magic in this world is very fragile. It's because the conservative thinking in the people's mind. Most people don't think and use the same spells that came from the past. They don't try to improve themselves.

Since, most of the powerful magic users come from noble blood, they don't try to improve it and stay conservative, stay old-fashioned.

It is a process to keep their status of noble afloat, but it hampers growth and gives inability to face dangers later on. Just like the biggest disaster in the kingdom – Demonoid or Devil.

In that time, because of the current Sage and Guru, the kingdom was able to defeat the devil. And to no surprise, both the Sage and the Guru are commoners.

And now, a figure appeared in society unmatched and more powerful even then Sage – Shin Wolford, Sage's grandson.

Young and powerful.

"Are… are we even fit to teach him? Maybe its he who should be teaching us…"

The old man among the members trembled and said in a stuttering voice. Most members were in a dilemma how to handle this issue. But the young one among the board members, thought of it and reassured everyone.

"Indeed, we are not qualified to teach him. His highness said that he wanted him to attend this school so that he can learn and socialize with others. So, wouldn't it suffice if we make a new research room, put people in there with him and teach him social skills?"

"Good idea. That'll make things easier for us."

Listening his suggestion, all the others members agreed with him since it was the only way for them.

"By the way, how are the rankings?"

"We haven't finished grading all the students, but he scored full points."

"That means…"

But before they could discuss, the lady teacher interrupted them.

"I want to say about something."

"What is it?"

"It's just that there is probably another student who scored full marks like Sage's grandson."

This statement made them a bit shocked, but then all of them rechecked and found that she is correct.

The student named Arthur Pendragon scored full marks, same as Shin Walford.

"Arthur Pendragon? Who is he?"

Even though, the academy preaches fairness, it is still ruled by nobles. There is no way they won't check the status of students.

"Arthur Pendragon. Orphan. And he is from Els!"

Arthur's nationality indeed surprised them. It's very rare for foreigners to attend the academy. It is not impossible. Many other students come to attend in Earlshide, but to think a student come from Els.

To the world, the residents of Els are business maniacs. Compared to all nations, Els's economy is far higher than any nation which gives it very much strength financially.

And because of it, most people in Els are more inclined to do business, then to become magician or knight. Though, they become enchanters to make more money since it brings profits.

"How was his power?"

The man put down the paper and looked at lady teacher and asked her.

"He is strong. I don't even know how to compare between him and Sage's grandson. Just like him, he used fire spell which was much smaller than his flame but it blasted the whole training area to smithereens. And…"

"…"

"And, he did it faster and more efficiently than Shin Walford!"

All the happy faces of the heads, crumbled like paper at this moment. To think another monster, whose might be more than Sage's grandson, how can they handle it?

"There no need to think about it seriously. Even though he has power, there is no backing nor he is some noble. Why are thinking about him too much?"

'Yes!'

All of them regained their colours, and blamed themselves for being too stupid. The reason they are too strict about Sage's grandson is not because of his individual power but because of Sage's influence.

Arthur Pendragon has the same strength, but so what? He is not a noble nor his predecessor is some kind of hero.

"So, what about the rankings then?"

"What are thinking then? As expected, Sage's grandson should be at top. And deduct this Arthur student's marks to lower his ranking. Prince August is just behind Shin Walford and we can't risk lower both of them from top."

"Agreed!"

13