Ch 47. August’s Thoughts
343 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to –

www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing the link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon."

===

"Shin!"

Arthur, Violet and Yuri were about to enter but soon they saw a dejected figure of Shin walking inside with his head down.

"Arthur."

Shin looked up and then smiled a bit upon meeting his friend, but soon he looked at the crowd surrounding his grandparents, he just sighed making the three giggles.

All of them could see him being annoyed over the regular clout of his grandpa and grandma, which made him very uncomfortable in daily life.

"So, are you not going to accompany your grandpa?"

Arthur looked back seeing Merlin fighting off the crowds.

"No. I am just going to leave them."

As of being fed up with all this, Shin just sighed and then smiled.

"Well then, let's enter. By the way I heard you are going to give a speech in the opening ceremony."

Arthur asked him on the way to inside. Shin just took a deep breath. After all being nervous was pretty normal.

"That's right. Even though it's a bit annoying, what else I can do?"

Being expected by people, is something he had been through his life. His grandpa is the Sage and his grandma is the Guru. And he is their grandson. Its normal.

"Well, don't worry."

Arthur patted his shoulders which made Shin smile a bit.

'As I thought, Arthur isn't like Aug and grandpa thought.'

He was a bit relieved. He didn't want to fight with a friend he made in this world.

"Shin!"

"Aug!"

Shin turned back and saw Aug calling him.

"Sorry, I am going for a while."

"No, it's alright."

Shin smiled and then went to Aug who called him and started to talk about the ceremony with him.

"Shin-san is very humble."

Violet who was beside Arthur heard all the conversation, gave her opinion about him. Normally, the people with too strong backing of parents of guardians tend to think themselves as some kind of superior than the rest. And all of them look down on others.

But Shin and the crown prince August, both of them were quite different. They different enough to make Arthur surprise. If someone who was normal, then it would be Kurt, the guy who fought with Shin in the entrance exam day.

He was the perfect example of a noble's child. Like the ones from the Bluesphere Empire.

But Shin and August, were very humble. The crown prince was humble, probably because he is intelligent and knows his standing. And Shin in simply humble, because of his sense which is very uncommon. Even with immense power, Shin is still not arrogant is the result of his uncommon sense of society.

"You're right. By the way where is Yuri?"

"Yuri is in the crowd sitting in the down."

Arthur turned his gaze towards the crowd, and then saw the familiar orange head. Yuri who matched her eyes with him waved her hands with a smile.

"She must be frustrated of not being here."

"Yes."

Violet also smiled after looking at her. Her smiling face made the surroundings bright a bit, making several nobles look at her. Quickly she returned to her usual poker face, and followed Arthur behind towards the stage.

"By the way, Arthur-sama. I noticed you looking at Shin-san's uniform. Is everything alright?"

"You noticed it?!"

Arthur was surprised to see Violet noticed him looking at Shin's uniform.

"Of course. I am with Arthur-sama for years. How could I not know about you?!"

Violet smiled making him blush a bit. He coughed a bit and then replied.

"His uniform has some powerful enchantments. More powerful than I thought. And I can see it being done by him because of the mana trace left on his uniform. It means he is not just a mage but also an excellent enchanter. It makes me expect a bit more of him in future."

At first, Arthur just though of being a fighter, but now he also is a enchanter. It made him look at him with a bit different view.

"Now let's go. The first ten are going to sit in front with high class nobility. And we are among them."

"Yes."

Since Arthur was third with Violet being fourth, both of them were behind Shin and prince August respectively.

As soon they went forward, he could see Shin and August bickering like usual.

"Shin."

"Arthur. Why are you here?"

"What do you mean by that? I am third in this entrance exam. And Violet is fourth."

"Hello. Shin-san and Prince August."

Violet bowed a bit and greeted both of them.

"Hello."

Both of them nodded and greeted backwards. August was in alert looking at Arthur, but didn't show it to his face. he didn't want to make him and his attendant suspicious.

'But still to think he don't have any resentment towards me and Shin.'

August was no master of magic, but being a noble he was very proficient at reading faces.

The reason he was worried was the results of the exam. August at first accepted them, but later he finally got the news about Arthur who was the strongest hunter.

And then he thought, how could the strongest hunter could have weak magic? Finding something suspicious, he then contacted the people in academy and finally understood the matter.

Arthur was stronger, even then Shin according to the evaluators. But because of his and Shin's standing, both of them were chosen instead of him.

August was furious, and didn't want to accept it, but the time he knew all that, it was in front of everyone. Now even if he enforces his power and changes the rankings, it will only make more chaos and can also lead to make people believe that royal family can do anything to manipulate the rankings.

It will damage the face of royal family, and many nobles can take it as an advantage. People are easily swayed, and these noble will do that.

His pride didn't agree, but he always as a prince looked at the problems rationally.

'At least I will give an apology to him.'

He looked at Arthur who looked free with no constraints, which made him think if he was thinking too much.

11