Ch 68. The Start of Trouble Days
210 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

An Early Morning. Normally, Arthur doesn't wake up too early but today is a very unnatural.

And the reason itself is because today just as the sun rose, he got a summon order from the hunter guild.

"What do you think about this summon, Arthur-sama?"

Violet being his partner and a high class hunter herself also received the summon order like him.

"I don't know. Truthfully, before today I have never been summoned by the guild."

Even Arthur was quite puzzled for this unnoticed summon from the guild master. In bed, his guild card suddenly beeped with red light which is an emergency summon sign for S class hunters.

"Let's go."

With no more wasting time over thinking about this abnormal summon, Arthur raised his hand and casted the magic.

<Space Magic - Gate>

A violet coloured rectangle with several magic circles hovering over it appeared in front of him. This is the same magic which Shin casted during his visit to the Sage's mansion.

At that time, Arthur copied it since this magic is quite convenient to use to travel a known place.

The way Gate magic works is very simple. It just takes two designated places which the user has visited before and reduces the distance of it by connecting those two places with a gate.

And once the user passes through it, the user can reach his designated place within a second.

"This magic... isn't it what Shin-san used in that visit?"

Violet recognised the spell. After all Shin used to take them to his old house located in the middle of the forest.

It was quite a shock at that time for everyone.

"That's right. It's a good spell."

"It's been a while, since Arthur-sama praised someone."

"Really?"

"Yes. I guess, Arthur-sama is enjoying the academy."

"Well, in a way."

Violet smiled while Arthur patted her head. And then both of them walked into the gate and vanished from the mansion.

---

"So, what was it for?"

Arthur questioned the guild master with quite an angry face. He came here as fast he could because of that summon thinking that guild is in dire condition only to find it as usual. The only different is that today the members seemed to partying more loudly than before.

"W-Well..."

"Arthur-sama, calm down. I am sure that Guild Master has his own causes for calling us so sudden."

"Sigh! Alright."

Arthur followed her words and calmed down a bit. The Guild Master sighed in relief and praised himself for calling Violet along side Arthur.

After all, the only one who can control Arthur is Violet.

"So, tell me now, Old man. What was the reason you called us in early morning?"

"By the way how did you travel so quickly? I thought at least it would take some hours but here you are in a matter of seconds."

"It's a new spell I learned from a friend."

"Hmm... Friends, is it? It seems you are enjoying your life in academy."

The old man smiled looking at Arthur who seemed to look a bit grown up than before. Even though he is not his parent, he still looked him from childhood as his manager.

"Stop smiling old man and tell me the problem."

"You... are really not a good child."

"Shut up and tell the problem!"

'It's been a while since I saw Arthur-sama acting like that.'

Violet smiled looking at both bickering like parent and child which made her happy. After attending the academy, Arthur didn't seem to open as much he is now with the Guild Master.

Maybe it is because of difference in surroundings, but she still hoped that he could become more free like now.

"Well Arthur and Violet. There is a big problem happening now."

After all arguments, Guild Master finally arrived at the root of the summoning order.

"Do both of you know the reason for the existence of Hunter Guilds?"

"Yes. It's to kill demons, right?"

"That's right."

Hunter Guild. The reason for its establishment was to kill demons and control them.

The demonization is a normal process and even if someone doesn't do anything, demons come out on their own.

And to control it from overflowing the Hunter Guilds were formed with the coalition of nations.

That's why most nation at least have a Hunter guild since it helps the nation to kill demons even without the use of country personnel.

It a very brilliant business idea which fulfills the requirements of the nation and the people giving quite amount of employment as hunters.

And one of the main task of Hunter Guild is to find and distribute the data of demon findings to its nation.

"And this time, the demon findings have rose exponentially."

"You mean to tell that demons have increased by a huge amount?"

"That's right."

"How could you miss it? There is no way it can happen... Wait! Don't tell me..."

Arthur sat down and was in a deep thought. He still remembers the incident of Bluesphere Empire where the Duke died.

The land was polluted with demonic mana, and he there stated a conjure of the Duke converted into a demon to old man.

"What you are thinking right now is probably right, Arthur."

"So, that's the reason you called me."

"That's right."

Arthur was the only one to find that, and moreover his predicted words came true. Old man being the only one to know called him as fast as possible after finding the increase of demons.

"We didn't find any abnormality till now. It was like--"

"...like they were hiding from people."

"Hmm."

Old man nodded at his words making Arthur look up with a serious face.

The fact the demons were hiding is a very important fact, since it means someone is controlling them.

Demons are beings who lose rationality and give themselves completely to instincts. And the hiding reveals it self that something abnormal is happening.

Without a doubt, someone is creating demons and controlling them.

'Is it that Duke? No, it's still too early to determine it.'

Arthur could find the answer to the perpetrator of this demonization, but what he knew that the normal days aren't going to last long.

4