Ch 69. Trust
386 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Arthur-san! Arthur-san! Are you listening, Arthur-san!"

"Huh? Uhh... Forgive me, Yuri. I was just a bit absent minded."

"Uuu..."

Arthur smiled wryly looking at Yuri pouting with anger. He just remembered the talk he did with Guild Master this morning.

After all that discussion of this new predicament of demons, the Guild Master left them since both of them had to go academy.

Knowing that Arthur is enjoying academy, the old man didn't intend to stop him more for the tiring talks.

From the Guild Master's view, no matter how strong Arthur is, he is still a child. And a big responsibility of facing hordes of demons in future... he didn't want to make him involve.

But he underestimated Arthur. Here he is already thinking of future about the ways to defeat demons.

Though Arthur could deny it since he has enough strength to back it up, but from his weakest Guild Master supported him. 

It was not allowed for minors to become demon hunter yet he gave him the license. At this moment if Arthur back down just because of his selfishness he won't be able to look at himself after that.

He is the S class hunter and how can not fight in future? The high privileges are given to S class in hope that they support during dire circumstances. And he intends to do that.

After coming back with <Gate>, he was fortunate enough that Yuri wasn't awake. Or else he might had to listen a lecture from her.

"So, what were you thinking, Arthur-san?"

Yuri who came out of her anger asked him. From his tone, she kind of understood that Arthur was in some kind of problem.

'If possible I want to help Arthur-san.'

With her helping sentiments she asked him. 

"No. It's nothing worth to worry about."

Nobody yet knows that demons have increased. And if he just went on announcing everywhere, it would create a bit panic among people.

Girls always have the habit to propagate talks, so he stopped himself from telling Yuri.

"So, Arthur-san doesn't want to share it with me?"

Twitch!

His head started to ache because of this new problem. Arthur now started to think how much hard it is to handle a girl.

'If I don't tell I am sure she will get it out of Violet.'

Arthur glanced at Violet who blinked innocently towards him. For Yuri's foxy methods, Violet is quite weak.

'Sigh! I should tell her or else she will annoy me all the time.'

"It's like that....."

And he told her everything about his departure and about the demons.

'She is shaking... Is she scared?'

It's common for people to afraid of demons. After all, from children they are instilled the fear of demons. Moreover, Yuri herself has experienced the horror of demons in that bandit attack.

'Wait! Weren't those demons were devils? It's means they were also twerked artificially.'

Arthur smacked his head for acting like an idiot. He has already experienced a devil attack, and here he forgot about it. Well, they were too weak for him to remember.

"A-Arthur-san..."

"Hmm... Are you alright, Yuri?"

"I am not alright! How can you leave me and go out alone?!"

Gah!

Yuri punched at his gut making him take a step back.

'Is that a problem?!'

Here he was worried about her being afraid of demons and devils but she is angry at him for leaving her.

'Girls are mystery.'

Well, the punch wasn't that much of an attack, so it didn't cause much of damage. But she didn't stop. She continued hitting him swinging her arms.

It didn't cause any pain but it was annoying. Arthur grabbed both of her hands to stop her and then looked at her eye to eye.

"You... aren't you scared of demons?"

Arthur looked at Yuri whose eyes widened because of his question. She took a deep breath and replied.

"Of course, I am."

"Huh? Then why aren't you worried?"

"I believe Arthur-san will protect me, right?"

She smiled looking at him making him daze a bit. He instinctively released her hands making her free.

"H-How can you trust me so much?"

"Well, it's because.... I love...."

"Huh? I didn't hear it properly, Yuri."

"It's nothing! It's just I trust you because I know all about you, Arthur-san. It's because you are Arthur-san, I know I can trust you."

"Is it?"

He looked up at the blue sky with clouds. He didn't want to admit it, but her words made her heart sway a bit.

The feeling of someone recognising you felt amazing.

"Yuri?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you for trusting me!"

Whoosh!

Yuri eyes widened looking at Arthur's smile towards her. Unknowingly her face became beed red, and her heart started speeding.

Her eyes started to spin not finding any answer to reply at Arthur. So, she just blurted out the words that came out.

"Y-You can also trust me, Arthur-san."

And then patted her chest as a sign of showing her reassurance.

"Hahaha! Sure, I will trust you, Yuri."

Arthur started to laugh loudly which was extremely rare, and he started wiping his happy tears. It's been a while since he saw something funny.

Somehow, Yuri started feel that Arthur was making fun of her.

"I-I am not joking, Arthur-san."

"Arthur."

"Huh?"

"Call me, Arthur, Yuri. And I know that you weren't joking. Just... it's been a while since I felt such free."

As if someone kind of tug in heart was undone, Arthur felt a bit liberated.

"Come on, let's go Yuri and Violet."

"Yes, A-Arthur!"

"Yes, Arthur-sama!"

5