Ch 71. The Reason for Kurt Incident(2)
187 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Try to remember something you felt weird or something out of order in that school."

Arthur asked the trio to remember any details, any weirdness which might link to the sudden change of Kurt.

To be truth, he didn't want to pursue more since anybody can change from a single insignificant incident like him, but for some reason his instincts are screaming that this Kurt's incident is not normal.

"Hmm... I don't know if this is the reason behind or not, but when we were in third year, didn't we get called by a magic teacher?"

"A magic teacher?"

"That's right. He checked everyone's magic aptitude and then he called me, Thor and everyone who could magic to his laboratory."

August remembered when Thor reminded him of that weird magic teacher.

"But from your looks, it seems you all didn't go to that laboratory."

"That's right. We didn't go since we deemed him a bit too suspicious."

August then told the description of the weird teacher who worked as a magic teacher at that secondary education school.

"But Kurt attended it, and his magical abilities indeed increased after that."

"Then he must be a famous teacher."

Maria gave her view about the teacher. If the teacher was good enough to raise someone's magic abilities than he must be quite famous within noble circles.

'Magic abilities increased?'

While Arthur who heard it, suddenly thought of demons. Demons or Devils, there magic power increases as they become corrupt.

'Don't tell me... But he wasn't giving off any demonic mana...'

August who heard Maria, then continued to tell more about the weird teacher.

"That teacher is indeed famous but his appearance is just too suspicious."

"Appearance?"

Shin looked at August, trying to imagine how that teacher looked to make him feel suspicious.

"We can't see his eyes, he covered them with something. Yet, he can do everything just fine..."

Thor described Shin, Arthur and rest about the appearance of the magic teacher.

"It is indeed suspicious. But it's not like after being blind you can't see anything at all. Using precise control of mana, can allow someone to see... can allow someone to feel the surroundings more vividly."

From Arthur's early hunter days, he always wanted a way to make up for the deficiency of senses. Specially of his eyes, since he relied heavily on his eyes to fight.

His eyes can only make him look straight, so attack from behind would be his blindspot. So, he tried to train other sense such as smell, touch, sound but still it was too hard.

He could easily increase his hearing ability, or any other sense with <Mana Enhancement>, but it the end he can only increase it.

If he can't differ the noises in the sound, then it is useless. And that's when he used mana sense to detect the surroundings.

But it can only detect the things with mana on it. For non living, non magic things it is useless.

So, he tried to hone his instincts more than his other senses and tried to upgrade his mana sense. And at last he developed the ultimate sensing ability, that always helps him in fight.

Magic Spell - Mana Zone.

By releasing high amount of mana within control create a dominance over a certain area with your mana which can easily detect anything under that domain and can help you to attack from anywhere and can even enhance the users and decreased the power of enemy magic attacks.

"Really?"

Everyone looked at Arthur who said it. Even Shin didn't know that such magic exists.

"I have a magic called - Search, but it can only act like a searching device detecting the high levels of mana around me. It is like a bit of what you said, but still it doesn't show as accurate you said."

Shin then mentioned about his <Search> which he learned from his grandpa.

"<Search> magic is low grade version of the spell I know. But still I doubt that anyone would know it. After all, it is the spell I invented."

"Spell you invented?!"

All the students were shocked and quickly gathered around Arthur to hear more about that spell.

"W-Wait, you all are too close. I will tell you about it afterwards."

Even Shin had stars in his eyes to learn a new magic. Since he has seen Arthur's capabilities in practical test, he believed that his prowess isn't lower than him.

"If what you said is true, then I doubt that magic can be used by that magic teacher."

August looked at Arthur and told him. Just because Arthur can do it, it doesn't mean that anyone can do it.

Being friends with Arthur for a while, August has realized that Arthur is someone with same species like Shin. It is better to assume that both of them can't be measured by common sense.

"If then August-sama, how can he do everything just fine?"

Thor asked about it, finally making everyone feel that maybe that teacher is indeed suspicious.

"I wonder what kind of person he is..."

Hearing Shin, August gave the details about the teacher's origin.

"I heard that he was born from the Bluesphere Empire..."

'Bluesphere Empire!'

Arthur's eyes widened as he heard August mention Bluesphere Empire. It made him believed whether he was right on mark. But still all of it was still based on his instincts. He needed a definite proof to decide it for once and all.

August who was preaching about obviously noticed the change in Arthur's expression making him quite curious about it.

'I will ask him about it.'

"Oh! It's time for the classes. Let's go, everyone."

Yuri looked at the time and then called everyone. 

"Well, I think it's better to stop discussion here. Let's go, Cecily."

"Yes, Shin-kun."

Both of them with Maria went ahead while August stood a bit with Arthur.

"So what happened that you changed?"

"I was always like this. Just I didn't opened up to you all."

"So, what is the reason for Arthur-sama to open up now?"

August smiled teasing Arthur by sounding like Violet.

"I guess... It's trust. I thought I should at least give a chance myself to trust you guys and show my real self."

5