Ch 79. The Culprit
148 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To support and read advance chapters, go to - ko-fi.com/mewriter

---

"So, what do you want to say Shin?"

After the cheers, all the S class students returned back to the classroom. After such a big incident, the orientation was cancelled and all students pretty much returned back.

In the classroom, Shin stood up in the podium to speak his out about Kurt. The reason of Kurt being a demonoid.

"It's just something is bothering me from the start."

"Is it about Kurt?"

August looked at him and asked. Shin nodded at his words, since to him the fact Kurt became a demon is just too weird.

Demonization is not such a easy process that anyone would become a demon.

"I don't think that it is that easy to become a demon. I mean if just by getting berserk is able to make you demon, then many more demonoids would be roaming out."

"What do you want to say, Shin?"

Arthur looked at Shin, who was just spinning his words to arrive at a point.

"I-I think that Kurt might be artificially demonized. Is it not possible?"

"We don't have the truth, but it doesn't mean it can't be done."

"Arthur..."

Shin looked at Arthur who supported at bit his claim. August looked at him, and asked of his opinions.

"What do you think about it, Arthur?"

Since, Arthur was the one who told him about the demon sightings, and also has the most experiences with demons, August asked him about it.

"Didn't I told you before, August? I already felt that something weird is going on. After seeing Kurt, and connecting the points, I have already reached an answer."

Arthur looked at all of them and then started to recite his story.

"It was the time from my early days as a hunter. There, I was given a certain mission of investigate a sudden massacre that occured in the Bluesphere Empire."

Everyone became quiet and started to listen to Arthur, who was the one with most experiences with demons.

"And I went to investigate the Territory of Duke Schtradius, which got destroyed magically. And when I reached there, I found that nothing was alive there anymore, but I could sense the demonic mana still permeating on that place. No demon has that much power, except a devil. It was still not sure, and my claim was just based on my instincts, so it wasn't taken much seriously. Gradually I forgot about it, but soon I met a devil. No, better to say an army of devils."

And then Arthur told them about the escort mission, where he fought with army of bandits who were stronger than normal humans but they didn't completely demonized like Kurt, but only had some demonic mana enhancing them.

Not to create much panic and since it was not too sure and since the matter of devil is just too big to causally talk about, he told Count Carlton to not speak about it to anyone.

But now, Kurt is now like those bandits, but more stronger and more complete.

"It's better to say, that from the start I knew that Kurt was made artificially. And I also know who it is."

"Who is it?!"

Everyone asked Arthur. Specially Shin and August who asked them for their personal reasons.

"The name of Duke Schtradius is Oliveira Von Schtradius. And the name of Kurt's teacher is Oliver Schtrom. Do you understand where I am coming from?"

"Do you mean...!"

"That right. That teacher is probably the one pulling the strings. And that cover on his eyes, probably it's because his eyes are red because after becoming a devil it becomes red. Didn't it also happened to Kurt?"

"This is a very important information. I have to tell it to father."

August who heard quickly thought of telling it his father, the king. And Shin on the other hand was tightening his fist, because the name of culprit was in front of him.

Beep!

'Huh? A mana detection? Is it looking at us?'

Suddenly, Arthur felt an unknown gaze looking at him. He just took out Rengoku out of its sheath, and just disappeared from the classroom making everyone shocked.

"Where did Arthur go?!"

"Was that teleportation magic?!"

A man standing just a bit far from the academy was looking at them from the window.

"He disappeared?!"

He quickly felt a presence and dodged the sword by a hair's breath. The man a bit tanned, with long white hair and a kind of weird black goggles on his eyes. He looked at the person, Arthur in front of him with his sword.

"Here, I was talking about you, and to think I already found you, Oliver Schtrom... No, Duke Schtradius!"

"I thought that I have to careful of Shin Walford, but to think there was another one. Arthur Pendragon..."

He seemed to try something, but Arthur quickly moved to stop him and slashed once again only to see Oliver's smile before his escape.

After dust and smoke, there was no more presence of Oliver Schtrom.

"He escaped, Master."

"I know it, Rengoku. It seems our enemy this time is an annoying one."

Arthur sheathed back the sword and returned back to the classroom.

---

Sage's Mansion...

For some reason, after that big event, August invited Shin and Violet to the Shin's house. Yuri also tagged along with them and finally all of them went to the Shin's house.

Upon entering, Arthur could see the Sage Merlin and Guru Melinda, with the King of Earlshide Diseum, and beside the king stood an official with uniform.

"Huh? Uncle Dis, why are you doing here?"

"It's just stuff happened and I needed to talk to Merlin-dono and Melinda-dono. But before that..."

King turned his head towards the official and signalled him to tell the news to them.

'Don't tell me...'

Arthur looked the official taking a step forward and with a salute announced to them.

"Shin Wolford! Arthur Pendragon! And Violet Evergarden! You all risked your life in this national crisis namely the appearance of the devil, and even defeated it!! In recognition of that, His Majesty wants to express his gratitude. You all will receive a "Medal of First Class!"

'It seems in the end, I am also dragged into the game of politics.'

Arthur listened the announcement about the award, and sighed.

4