Chapter 38
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Placing his phone down on the counter next to the sink, Gun looked into the mirror. Smirking, ‘I look good.’

BUt then his expression dropped, and the anxiety built up again. Lowering his head as he stared at the white marble counter. ‘I thought I would feel better after taking myself out. King is waiting for an answer from me and I’ve been avoiding it all week.’

Looking back up at himself through the mirror, he forced a smile and wiped away the tear that was threatening to come out. Waving his hand over the sensor, the water started flowing. He washed his hands, then someone stopped beside him.

He turned to the person and saw that it was a boy well over the age of twelve. Handsome, dressed smart but as the boy turned to look at him, Gun frowned.

“Can I help you with something, mister?” The boy eyed him and looked at the tightly fitted black jeans he had on with ankle heel boots on his feet. Looking back at Gun, he smirked, saying, “Or should I call you lady?”

Gun was too dumbfounded to say anything. He was the splitting image of someone who he knew all too well.

The boy left and Gun quickly rushed to dry his hands, grabbed his phone and followed after the boy. As he came around a corner, he stopped in his steps and saw the boy talking to a guard outside the door. 

Gun’s eyes widened. The guard wasn’t just anyone and from the looks of how they were conversing; the boy was awfully close to the guard. After he left him in, Gun slowly made his way towards the guard.

When the guard saw someone walking over, he turned to see who it was and was on guard against the person, but the one who he saw made his soul leave his body. He quickly walked up to Gun, stopping in front of him. 

“G–Gun, why, why are you here?” Drew asked him.

“Please don’t tell me he’s in there?” Gun asked weakly.

Drew was silent, then the guilt showed on his face. Stepping to the side he said, “Gun, I won’t stop you, but please don’t be yourself when you see who is in the room.”

“Oh,” Gun said as he swallowed. Tears started falling, but he quickly wiped them away. Handing his bag to Drew, he walked over to the door with all his confidence on his shoulders. Taking in a deep breath, he pushed down the handle. As a slit opened, a familiar laugh entered his ears, making his heart drop to the pits of his stomach.

Pushing the door open, he saw a family, a beautiful family and at the head of that family was him, his lover, the man he thought he would marry once he could overcome his fear of being troubled by the duties of his titles.

Releasing a shuddering breath as he looked at the woman at his side, then the ring on her finger that touching his face. He glanced to the side and saw two boys, one being the child he saw in the toilet, then a little girl who seemed to be born recently. 

“Excuse me?” The woman said as she stood up and looked at Gun. 

He turned to her and forced a smile. “Sorry, I got the wrong room.”

As he took two steps back, King stood up and as Gun looked at him while closing the door, Gun knew this wasn’t a mistake, it’s the truth–well what could the truth really be?

Taking his bag from Drew, who looked at him apologetically, Gun forced a smile. Thinking of everything he had been through, he said, “Don’t worry, I won’t blame you guys. I’m sure there’s a reason for all of this, but I just don’t want to hear it.”

Gun reached the elevator with his head hanging low. Stepping inside, he let his tears fall. ‘How could I be so stupid? Troy wanted him to find someone who he could trust? Who was that woman? Those boys look just like him and the ring? Is she married to him and the baby?’

A bang pulled Gun from his thoughts. Looking up, he looked into King’s eyes and just like that, all the strength in his body vanished. He dropped to the ground and cried into his hands.

The door closed behind King, but the elevator didn’t move. King listened to him cry. Time seemed to stand still and there was no helping it. He knelt down and tried to pull Gun’s hands away from his face, but with a quick movement, Gun slapped him across the face.

Looking at him, he said, “You went on and on about me cheating on you when we weren’t even together and look at you. How long have we been together and you have a child as long as our relationship? What about those two boys? They look just like you!”

Standing up, Gun punched his fist into his face, saying, “I never want to see you again and no matter what you say, you’ll never convince me otherwise. This, between you and me. It’s over!”

Gun pressed a button and once the door opened, he gave King a final look over and saw that he was just the same as always. The almighty King Kai with no regard to others.

It’s your world—isn’t it?

1