Chapter 39
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King stared at the door as he listened to his son’s laugh with their mother. He looked at Drew, who was standing to the side. “Why didn’t you stop him?”

Drew shook his head. “I couldn’t.”

“What do you mean you couldn’t? Did you forget who you are actually protecting? I hired you, he didn’t.”

“That’s not what I meant, boss. Gun–he, you couldn’t convince him even if you tried. Jason looks just like you. I don’t know how, but right after Jason returned, Gun stopped in front of me. I called Troy to ask if he knew about Gun being here, but he said that Gun was out having a day for himself.”

Opening the door, King walked in and looked at his family. Sandie smiled at him. “Are you done? The children are done eating.”

Forcing a smile, he said, “Yeah, let’s get you all back home.”

“Home? I still want to go out to the mall,” Jason said.

The little boy beside him nodded, “Yeah daddy, you promised us you’d take us all around today.”

King smirked as his son pouted, kneeling down in front of him. He poked his cheeks, saying, “I know, and there is plenty of time. But daddy has to get back to work and your sister’s been a little grumpy. I’ll take you home and you’ll rest and later on, we’ll go to the amusement park and have ice-cream.”

Turning to Sandie, he stood up, saying, “We need to talk.”

She frowned, but nodded. Handing him their daughter, she looked at her boys saying, “Stop with those hanging lips. How else will we get to spend money and eat nice food if you don’t let daddy work?”

Jason rolled his eyes, “Okay ma. Don’t go too far.”

*Back at the house*

Locking the door behind her, she looked at King, who was staring down at his feet as his mind was far in the clouds.

“And? What do you want to speak about? Are you going to disappear again?” She asked him.

King’s eyes slowly made its way up, catching hers. Running a tired hand over his face, he said, “So, the guy that came into the room at the hotel, he’s the one I told you about.”

Sandie thought back to Gun and chuckled, “No wonder his face looked like that.”

Taking a seat on the desk, she looked at him asking, “So, what are you going to do about this?”

He shook his head. “I don’t know. He smacked me and told me to stay far away from him.”

“Didn’t you say you love him?” She asked.

He nodded, “I did.”

“So? You should go after him and explain our situation to him,” she encouraged.

He shook his head. “I’ve been trying to understand all of this, Sandie. I was sure he loved me. If he did, would he have said those words to me?”

“Didn’t you say he seemed off to you?” she asked as she walked around the desk and sat down on his lap.

King leaned against her, saying, “But he wouldn’t, would he? I know Gun loves me. Why else would he be so attached to me and, on top of that, he went as far as looking at honeymoon destinations. We were planning to go on a vacation. I still planned on having fun on my break, but now I’m not so sure.”

She slapped him on the head. “Well, you should’ve run after him.”

“He’s not a woman,” he grumbled.

“But he is your boy. I’m sure he would understand if you told him. It’s not like he can fall pregnant. Did he really expect you to be Mr All-To-Himself? You’re lovers, sure, but you had a life before you met him. He needs to understand that and unfortunately for you, as I advised you before, you should have told him before about us and maybe, just maybe, you wouldn’t have this problem on your hands.”

Looking at her thumb and index finger that was five centimetres apart, he sighed. 

“Maybe I just need to take a break from him and our relationship.”

“But what if you won’t be able to salvage your relationship?” She asked. Cupping his face, she looked into his eyes, saying, “You were happy. Finally, happy and he needs to know that he is the reason for that happiness. I bet he hasn’t seen the reason why you are called King.”

“He has some idea why.”

“And just because you are King, doesn’t mean that you don’t deserve happiness. Jason, Elijah and Adalynn love you and adding Gun to the mix, won’t you be the happiest family? Who knew the dangerous King could find love after doing all the bad things he does and still is loved by four humans?”

“I never wanted to be like this.”

 “I know, and we can’t choose our paths. It’s set by our parents or, like in your case, by Mister King.”

Nodding his head, “I’ll tell him. Do you think he’ll listen to me?”

She shrugged. “Have faith in your love, brother.”

“Mn.”

1