Chapter 40
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King’s beautiful black car stopped outside the house. Looking inside, it was late at night and the lights were on. ‘I thought he’d be by his father’s house.’

Parking the car, he made his way into the house, searching all the rooms and the toilet too until he reached the master bedroom he shared with Gun.

Walking in, he found Gun sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at his feet. Around him were five extra large suitcases, packed with clothes.

Gun lifted his head and looked at King.

Immediately King’s heart pained. Gun’s face was covered in tears, both new and dry. He walked over to him and stopped.

Gun lifted his head to look at King. When he returned, he had the intention of going to his father’s home, but all of his things were at King’s home.

How long had it been since they got together? 

One year and a half? 

No, two?

“Ho—how can you live with me, look at me and sleep with me, knowing you have a family elsewhere? What was it they said? You needed someone you can trust and here I am.”

Standing up, he climbed onto the bed and looked at King, who was staring blankly at him, almost as though he was lost in thought, “You asked me what was wrong with me last time–I’m not sure. I am scared. I—I love you, King, I do, but after today, I finally understand why I’m scared. And this is a mistake. You haven’t been honest with me from the beginning and now look. I thought that if I finally accepted you, I can walk in the streets happily knowing that the man I love is Kai Diloknawarit of Kai Technologies and King of the Sons of God. I never wanted to be in your life and I know for the life of me you didn’t want me, but somehow we’re here and we’re together. If you’re in a relationship with someone else who very well is married, I—I can’t do this Kai, you…”

“Sandie and I aren’t together. I never slept with her.” King suddenly said. He could hear from Gun’s words that he was telling him he was going to leave.

“What?”

Looking into his, he continued, “Sandie, she’s my sister. Adopted sister.”

“How is that any better?” Gun interrupted him.

King grabbed him by the neck, pulled him off the bed as he choked him and slammed him into the bed. Climbing onto him, he said, “Shut up and listen!”

Gun nodded his head, agreeing, then started coughing when King let him go.

Pressing his weight down on Gun, he continued, “I’ve had sex with other women, but that all ended when I met you. You’re the only one I’ve been with. Yes, I have children. Three of them. Jason, Elijah and Adalynn. Sandie is my sister and yes, she is the mother of my children, but we did not have sex not once and we never will. We go to the hospital to get her impregnated. Her father is the one who adopted me off the streets. The previous King of SOG. He raised me to take care of his legacy because he couldn’t have a son of his own. Just before he died in my arms, he asked me to marry his daughter and continue his legacy. At the start, I was thinking of it but I couldn’t because she would always be a sister to me. Sandie was relieved and told me she can’t marry anyone. She was scared of men because one of her uncles raped her before she moved in with her father. She wanted children, and I was the one she asked. At first I didn’t care about it, but after I held Jason in my arms, I knew I couldn’t let anything happen to him. Then Elijah came and before I met you, Sandie was already pregnant with Adalynn. And now we’re here.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Gun whispered, with tears slipping down the sides of his eyes.

“Because loving them and being with you isn’t the same thing. You are an enigma that entered my life and turned everything upside down. Yes, I want you to be a part of my family, but I want to have you to myself first before we think of having a family together. You asked me last time if I wanted to marry you and I never answered because won’t that be ruining what we have?”

His hands reached for Gun’s neck and squeezed, “You can’t leave me, Gun. I won’t let you.”

Gun’s tears started flowing faster as he shook his head. Swallowing past the choking, he said, “I’m not leaving. You are.”

King paused as he stared down at him. The grip on his neck loosened. “What?”

“The bags, it’s all your clothes. I’m done with you and I’m taking everything that is yours. Go back to your family. I left my family for you, but you broke my heart.”

As he opened his mouth to speak, Gun pushed him off of him saying, “I made up my mind for a second time concerning you and I’m tired. You’re exhausting to be with, and I don’t want to look over my shoulders anymore. I’m not leaving this house. Everything is mine now as your compensation for wasting my time and heart—don’t try to fight this. I know enough to get you locked up for a lifetime and those kids of yours. They won’t even be able to see you once I expose all of this.”

1