Chapter 2
39 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gun climbed out of the cab in front of ‘Kai Technologies Limited’ and shuddered. The building looked so beautiful and the men and women walking in and out of the building were of a higher class, a status he could only dream of reaching once he finishes his studies.

A blue collar, one that could make his father proud.

Fixing his clothes, he looked for the entrance, then looked at the time on his phone and saw that he had fifteen minutes to spare. Taking in a deep breath, “You can do this, you can do this. Don’t fall, don’t fall.”

*

Making his way to the receptionist's desk, many eyes stayed on him. Smiling at the lady, he said, “Good morning, I’m Vachirawit Laedeke. I’m here for the job interview at eleven.”

The receptionist smiled back at him. She recalled she was told about someone coming in at eleven, but did not expect it would be this ‘type’ of person. He was dressed to the nines, and she loved his silver hoops that he paired with his outfit. 

Looking down at the appointment books, she made sure that the name was correct and nodded. “Please have a seat while I inform the HR department. Do you want a cup of tea or coffee?”

He shook his head with a smile, “No thank you, I’ll die from anxiety if I have anything now.”

He went to sit down by the chairs, crossing his left leg over his right and started playing on his phone to calm his nerves. He wasn’t ready for this, this place, the working environment and…

He raised his gaze as heels clicked across the floor, almost sounding like a stampede. Everyone stood at attention in two rows by the entrance across from each other.

They looked like those servants at a mansion in a drama, getting ready to welcome the master of the house back.

And indeed, as he thought those words, in walked a God among Gods who oozed with a dangerous aura. 

He wore a royal blue three-piece suit with a black shirt underneath. His hands were in his pockets as he walked past the employees, bowing their heads to him.

He had a bad boy flare with all those tattoos lining his neck and his walk alone told you he wasn’t someone to mess with, especially that mean look on his face.

Behind him, four people followed. A man wearing glasses holding a tab in his arms. Two males behind him that looked equally scary to the ‘young master’ and behind them was a woman. She was so beautiful, but the smile on her face was scary, especially paired with her eyes that were not smiling.

They were all dressed in black and it looked like only the ‘young master’ needed colour—in his eyes, that is.

Gun immediately caught the ‘young master’s’ attention. He was the only one who was not standing. His body ignored Gun, but not his gaze.

Gun was sitting there staring at him with no expression, but his eyes were smiling. They looked too friendly, if you can say so.

The man behind him holding the tab saw Gun sitting there and excused himself. King stopped walking to see what he was going to do and saw that he was going towards the young man, who immediately lost his composure when Troy approached him.

Gun stood up and before he could say anything, he was dragged off by Troy opposite the building.

Turning to his second in command, he asked, “Who is that?”

Chips looked over but only saw his back and shook his head. “No idea. Please, let’s hurry. Your next meeting is about to start.”

*

Troy had dragged Gun to an office that he prepared beforehand. He wished King didn’t lay his eyes on him, but what could he do? He was out of place.

Leaning against the desk, he placed the tab down and took off his glasses. Rubbing his brows, he said, “Sorry for being late. The boss had so many things to do before arriving here.”

“Am I not the one who is late, sir?” Gun questioned.

Troy looked at him and shook his head, “No, early. You are only meeting with the boss at twelve.”

Gun’s eyes widened, “I’m, I’m meeting the boss? That scary looking man I saw not too long ago?”

He nodded his head. “Let’s get down to business. I am Troy, Mr Kai’s secretary. Kai Technologies is a multinational company and we strive to produce the best of products here.”

Gun nodded his head. 

“The job you applied for was not posted because it’s not actually a job, but you will get paid. In fact, I am ready to pay you right now, but everything needs to go smoothly,” he continued.

“Wh, what do you mean?” He asked.

Troy took in a deep breath. “For years, I have been looking for a partner for Mr Kai. He needs love in his life and no matter how far, how high or how low I look, I just can’t seem to find the right person for him and I am sure if I present him with the wrong person again, he’ll have my head.”

“I do not understand, Mr Troy,” Gun said, stepping back. All of this was just not making sense to him right now.

Troy smiled at him. “I love your outfit. It tells me you are not afraid, but the look in your eyes tells me a different story.”

Gun looked down at his attire. He was perfect, but what did his eyes tell Mr. Troy? Raising his head, he asked, “So, this job? You want me to be his partner?”

“Yes. I promised his father that I would find him someone suitable since he does not know how to approach people and I can tell you now that all the women on this continent cannot satisfy all his needs. Emotionally, sexually nor to care for him. They see money first and once they are in bed with him, they run away because he is incapable of controlling himself. So, I thought about it from a different perspective when I looked at your application. You are gay, so you know what you want. If you could tame him, make him fall for you and I am hoping that you can love him too, then maybe he’ll be human again,” he explained.

3