Chapter 6
32 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gun enjoyed his night with his friends, not bothering with the horror story Troy was trying to make into a love story. 

It’s been two weeks already and Kai was in Singapore for the next three weeks and Troy wanted him to go over to Singapore to mess with Kai—his words exactly.

He was secretly hoping that with Gun around, maybe some flowers will bloom instead of dying.

*

He was lying on his bed when his brother Dean suddenly yelled, “YOUR FRIEND IS HERE!!”

He frowned as he heard his yell and looked at his door that was open. Jayneh walked in with a smile on her face, “Hey best friend!”

Gun rolled his eyes and lay his head back down, “If we really were best friends you wouldn’t be showing up here.”

She pouted as she sat down on the bed. “I’m really sorry Gun-ah. I’ve been really busy lately.”

Chucking his phone down, he looked at her and said, “Don’t lie. You’ve been too busy with your boyfriend to even remember that I exist, but it’s fine. You know where the door is, see yourself out. I need to get ready for Singapore.”

She looked at him, surprised and confused. He walked past her, moving his luggage that was packed already and got out clothes for him to wear.

“What do you mean you are going to Singapore?” She asked.

“Is it any of your business?” He asked, annoyed.

She stood up, stomping her foot. “How can you speak to me like that?” 

“Easy, especially since you’ve decided to date someone who is homophobic and looks down on your family for being middle class. You can’t tell me you are that blind to not see what is in front of you?” He asked her.

She stared at him surprised, then lowered her gaze hurt, “You know I love him, Gun.”

“You are foolish if you think what you are feeling is love. I’m honestly tired of this and you should tell him to stop coming to me to find you. He has a cellphone,” he said and went to the bathroom.

He planning to go to Singapore but now he ran his big mouth and his father was itching to go, now he’ll have to break the bad news to him.

*

Gun sighed as he zipped up his black thigh-high boots over a white skinny jean. Crossing his right leg over his left, he looked at his father and said, “Daddy, I swear when I win the lottery again, I’ll give the winnings to you so that you can save up for the trip.”

Mr Laedeke glared at his son. “How did you even win the trip? What luck do you have? First it’s the lottery, now it’s a business class ticket to Singapore with a reservation at a five-star hotel!”

Gun chuckled. This was really stressing his father out. “I will only be gone for a week and I already emailed my professors. If there is any problem, call the aunt from next door. She’ll help with Sheng and Aum.”

His father pouted and nodded his head. “Just be safe, okay? There are many perverts around there and I’d hate to lose my daughter, I mean, son.”

Gun rolled his eyes and gave his father a hug. “I’ll be safe. Don’t worry, okay.”

*

Troy: Your driver is on his way.

Gun was sitting outside the house on his luggage, looking at the street. Sheng stood beside him with tears in his eyes. “Why do you have to leave me?”

“I’m coming back,” he said.

Sheng pouted, rubbing his eyes as he said, “But they won’t cook for me.”

“They will. I will phone every day to make sure that they are taking care of you,” he said with a smile and leaned down to wipe his tears.

Sheng’s face was turning pink, but as he looked into his brother’s eyes, he saw a black car coming up to them. It stopped in front of them, surprising Gun. He pushed Sheng behind him as a door opened and a frightening man stepped out. 

He bowed before Gun, saying, “Mr Troy sent me to pick you up.”

Gun sighed and said, “Okay, Sheng, this is my lift. I’ll be going now. Do you want me to bring you something?”

Sheng nodded his head excitedly. “Yes!”

“Now go inside and tell papa I’ve left,” he instructed.

Sheng nodded his head and left. Gun stood up and let the man pack his luggage into the car. The door was opened for him and closed by the driver.

“There will be a new driver in the same car as this one. I suspect it might be Mr. Troy. Please let him know I am with you and he should arrange for a driver once you get there,” the driver said.

Gun was extremely nervous.

This shit only happened in the dramas on television.

Now it felt like he was going off to meet with his sugar daddy.

*

The flight was long but he could eat everything, mostly the desserts, because he didn’t trust the meat.

Falling asleep on the plane was a difficult task, but he managed and was woken up by the air hostess when they landed.

As he got off the plane, he walked into Troy and Chips, who had grins on their faces.

Unable to hold his smile back, he bowed to them. “Good evening, Mr Troy. Shouldn’t you be with Mr Kai?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world to meet you again. I was worried. How come you changed your mind?” He asked.

Chips took his luggage from him while Troy led Gun by the hand, “Well, I am having troubles with my friendship. To get away from her, I said I’m leaving.”

Mr Troy chuckled, “That’s good to know that I can be of help in your time of need.”

“But why did you want me to come here?” He asked.

“There’s an annoyance around us and I’m hoping that you can make it go away and to remind him you exist,” he said.

Gun raised a brow, he looked at Troy, then back at Chips, who said without hesitation, “He has been walking around sniffing your jacket that you left behind and fucking women like a dog.”

Gun faced forward, ignoring the jealousy he was feeling. Troy saw the annoyance growing and turned to Chips, winking.

Chips snickered. It was so much fun messing with King.

*

“Where are you coming from?” King asked Troy.

Troy looked at the woman who had just got off his lap and went to the toilet. “There was an issue at the company, but it is solved now. I will brief you about it later,” he lied.

King nodded his head and turned his head to his business partner of three years. “Like I was saying, if there is another fuck up, this partnership between us will end.”

The man took in a deep puff of his cigar and nodded. “Certainly. I will make sure of it.”

King got up and fixed his jacket. He looked at Troy, saying, “Order another round of beers and see them out. I’m going to have fun tonight.”

Troy bowed and showed the man out.

“That boss of yours is scary. How can you work under him?” He asked.

Troy scoffed. “I have the utmost respect for him. That is why I suggest you follow through with your part of the deal, because you haven’t seen him at his worst.”

They stopped in front of an elevator. Troy bowed to him, then walked off back to the private room.

The elevator door opened with a ding and inside stood a young boy, fair in complexion. He had on a yellow tracksuit that was hiding his body, and he looked angry.

Stepping off the elevator, Gun made it to the room where he was told King was in and stopped. He could hear the music playing loud from the other side and took in a deep breath.

Pushing the door open, he saw all the alcohol bottles and could smell old food.

The VIP room was divided in two, so he couldn’t see what was happening on the other side.

Chips, who was guarding, saw Gun and frowned. He quickly turned to the boss, but King already had someone sucking him off.

His eyes were closed, with his head leaning back against the couch.

“Boss,” he called, but King grunted, ignoring him.

“What the fuck do you think you are doing?” Gun asked softly. 

4