Chapter 13
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Delta looked at the time. King was usually up before eight, but the two of them were still sleeping.

Staring at them, she announced, “What time are you getting up?”

Gun’s eyes snapped open. He stared at her for a while and tried to register what was happening.

Staring at her, he asked, “What did you say?”

“It’s almost eight. Are the two of you sleeping in? The boss has a meeting at nine,” she said.

Gun frowned. He looked around the room, then tried to sit up, but he couldn’t move. Lifting the blanket, he saw that Kai was snuggled right up against his crotch and he seemed to lay comfortably.

He glanced up at Delta and said as he washed with embarrassment, “I swear we did nothing.”

She nodded her head then looked down at King. She felt the need to wake him up, but he looked so comfortable and no one could blame him.

Returning her gaze to Gun, she saw he was looking at King with tenderness as he moved the hairs from his face.

A smile crept up on his face and he asked as he ran a fingertip over King’s ear, “Is it a business meeting or something to do with gangsters?”

Delta smirked as she stared at him. “A business meeting. He needs to put up a front.”

Gun nodded his head and reached for his phone, asking, “Did he arrange for my flight yet?”

She shook her head as she saw his eyes widen with horror.

Unlocking his phone, he saw a message from Troy and it was a picture of him and Kai cuddling. They weren’t in the position they were in now, and you could tell that it was dark.

His eyes snapped over to Delta after he read the message attached to it and said, “Can you get me ingredients? I’ll wake him up and get him ready for his meeting.”

She nodded her head and bowed. Leaving Gun stunned, he reread the message, ‘Good job! Now make sure he doesn’t send you back. Remember, he is your man!’

*

King frowned as he slowly woke up. Stretching his body, he could feel that the bed was cold. Opening his eyes, he looked around and saw that the sun was shining brightly.

Sitting up on the bed, he looked at his phone and saw that there were exactly twenty minutes left until he needed to get to the meeting.

He got out of bed ready to yell at Delta for not waking him up and ignored the uneasy feeling inside his heart but stopped when he walked past the open kitchen and saw Gun in his shirt cutting up vegetables.

He had almost forgotten about Gun.

Walking up to him, Gun turned to him and smiled. “Good morning.”

King nodded his head with a ‘mn.’

He stopped beside Gun, who was licking his finger, then looked around in the kitchen. There were dishes everywhere, but the kitchen wasn’t dirty.

Turning back to Gun, who approached him, he looked down into his curious eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Gun asked in almost a whisper.

King shook his head and lowered down to him as he closed his eyes.

Their foreheads touched and the uneasy feeling King felt went away as the smell on Gun snuck up his nose.

Gun’s heart was beating furiously inside his chest as he looked at Kai. What was happening here? This, how?

Wrapping his arms around Gun, he said, “I need you to go back, please.”

Gun was lost. Everything about Kai right now felt so wrong, but so right.

The tears that formed in his eyes from fright dropped out and he nodded his head, “Al, alright.”

*

Hi. Had gotten deadly silent after that.

Kai was off on his business meeting while he was at home.

He sat down on the bed wearing oversized arm pants and a black crop top that had a circle cut in the chest area and the sleeves had many cuts in them.

Leaning over, he slipped into black heels and tied the buckles. Picking up the black hoop earrings, he looked at himself in the mirror across from him and put it on.

He looked good, but his facial expression was telling a different story.

‘What have I gotten myself into?’ He asked as he posed for a picture.

Sitting back on the bed, he uploaded it to his social media account.

Going through the pictures he had taken in Singapore, who would know that he was out here scheming to get himself a ‘rich daddy’? 

If the people he knew found out about this, what would they say?

‘But then again, it’s just a job.’

He sighed, thinking about it again. ‘A job that’s got me falling in love.’

‘Why am I doing this?’

‘For the money?’

‘To run away?’

‘From Jane or my family?’

Gun didn’t feel happy? It was all fun, and jokes until his heart started fluttering for this man.

‘When did it start?’ He asked himself, thinking about the first time he spoke to Kai.

His thoughts trailed back to that day and the moment that their eyes met in the foyer at Kai Technologies.

His heart started racing thinking about that moment and tears started falling.

Wiping them away quickly as he heard footsteps making their way to the bedroom.

King appeared at the door and stared at Gun, who was wiping his eyes. “The jet is waiting. Are you ready?”

“Are you back so soon?” He asked as he sat up and looked at Kai.

“It’s almost noon,” King answered. He wanted to know why Gun’s eyes were red, why had he been crying, but the more he spoke to him, the more his heart fluttered.

He was grateful that Gun agreed to leave, and that he was silent through breakfast. Anymore of this then he wouldn’t be able to handle the situation he was placed in.

He knew Troy, and the others were behind this and he appreciated their efforts, but how could they bring someone so innocent into the mix?

*

Arriving at the airport, King pulled Gun’s luggage behind him as he led him through the airport to the jet.

Stopping at the steps, he looked at Gun and said, “Have a safe trip home.”

Gun turned to him and asked him the question that had been bugging him. “Do you know that I’m here because of Troy?”

King nodded his head in response.

“And those guys? The gangsters, do they all know about me?” Gun asked as tears formed again.

King nodded his head.

The tears in his eyes fell. His heart started racing again as he thought of his next question.

He didn’t know the details, but he knew what dangerous meant. Wouldn’t they come after him once he leaves?

Does Kai have rivals?

What will happen to him?

“Then why are you letting me leave? Don’t you care about me?” He asked.

The nerve of that question.

Yes, he cared!

But he wanted Gun gone and out of his life.

If he stayed, things would get dangerous for him.

Leaving now could save his life. It’ll look like another one of his flings.

Turning around, King said, “Go back home and stay as far away from me as you can. I’m saving your life right now.”

Gun watched hopelessly as the man he had fallen in love with was leaving.

If only he hadn’t agreed to this, it would have saved him the heartache.

2