Chapter 16
22 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gun looked at Kai as he climbed out of the car. King did not try to look his way.

Since his confession, he’s been feeling a certain type of way.

‘Fine, if you won’t look at me, then so be it,’ he thought, and slammed the door so hard that the window cracked.

Gun was stunned, but not for too long. He took his luggage and walked away with his hips sashaying angrily.

“This fucking!” King started, but smirked.

He took in a deep breath and nodded his head. “Take me home and replace the damn car.”

Chips started the engine and looked at Delta, who was climbing out. She looked back into the car at King and said, “Enjoy your day, boss.”

King nodded his head. Before on the jet, he gave her strict instructions to shadow Gun.

The car drove off, and she looked at the house. It was noisy inside. Probably his siblings were happy that he was home.

*

Gun was pinned to the floor with his siblings lying on him. Their father wasn’t home right now.

“Did you get me anything?” Sheng asked.

Moon walked over lazily and pulled everyone off, then threw himself on Gun asking, “And me? Did you bring me chicken?”

Gun was grumbling and squirmed out from under him. Sitting on his knees, he asked, “Do you really think I’m allowed to board a plane with food?”

Lying on his side with his head propped on his arm, he shrugged. “I don’t know. You tell me.”

Getting up, Gun mumbled, “All you want is food.”

“You left us alone for two weeks,” Sheng said with tears in his eyes.

Gun glanced around at his brothers asking Sheng, “Did they treat you right?”

He shook his head. “They didn’t want to carry me.”

Their brothers scoffed.

*

Placing the mug down, he switched off the laptop and leaned back in the chair.

King rubbed his eyes as the door to his office opened.

Looking over, he saw Delta walk in with a tab.

She stopped by his desk and bowed. “Boss, here are the updates on Mr Laedeke.”

He nodded his head and took the tab from her. Opening it, he switched it on and a picture of Gun in a white shirt and black pants.

He frowned and looked through his application.

Gun applied for the financial management course and was doing business management modules too.

He looked up at her and said, “Why was I under the impression that he was someone who owned a company?”

Delta wanted to answer him, but that would mean that she’d outed herself.

Drew that was now his assistant since Troy was incapable of doing his duties. He said, “I’m sure you know that this is Troy’s ploy “

King nodded his head.

Looking through the photos that were in the folder of Gun, there was one of him in the library, another from his social media account, and another of him sitting outside of the university, chatting with friends.

He looked up at Delta and asked, “Which one of these people is close to him?”

“That would be the girl with the necklace around her neck,” she said.

King looked through the pictures and saw one of Jane with a man next to her.

“Why isn’t there a picture of the two of them together?” He asked.

“I asked Anth to ask around and he said that since Jane has been seen around with the boy in the picture, things hadn’t been good between them. The gossip around campus is that Gun is jealous, but others don’t think so. The LGBT community at the university has made many posts on social media about Jane, not specifically mentioning her name, saying that she has an openly gay best friend but chooses her homophobic boyfriend over him. I haven’t seen reports about him assaulting Mr Laedeke nor making any remarks, but there is a document stating that he treats Mr Laedeke like dirt.”

King nodded his head and zoomed in on Jane’s boyfriend’s face.

“Have the boys monitor him for me. Drew, it’s been two and a half weeks already since I last saw him. Arrange with the university for my arrival,” he said.

Delta and Drew bowed and left the office.

Drew smirked and looked at his sister. “Do you think he misses him?”

She nodded her head. “Even I miss him.”

Drew sighed and got to work.

In the office, King was staring at a picture of Gun with a smile on his face. He would be an idiot not to admit that he missed him.

He zoomed in on Gun’s lips and ran a finger over his own.

Gun had soft lips and he couldn’t stop thinking about him.

“Why haven’t you come see me?” He wondered out loud.

Chips walked into the office and said, “Boss, we have a problem. The storage house was broken into and the guards were killed. Everything that was in there was taken, and the cops are all over the place.”

King calmly exited the file and placed the tab down. He looked at Chips and asked, “Are you reporting this before or after you’ve handled the situation?”

Chips bowed, “Everything has been see to, we are searching for the one behind this.”

“I want a detailed report by the end of today,” he said.

Chips bowed and left.

Sighing, King switches on the tab and looked at Gun’s pictures. The more he stared at them, the more he wanted to see him again.

Rolling his chair back, he reached into the bottom drawer of the desk and pulled out the pair of heels Gun left in the car when they dropped him off.

He examined the small shoe, then switched the laptop on and did some online shopping.

*

Gun shuddered and hugged himself. He looked around asking, “Who the hell is talking about me?”

Daisy, Gun’s friend who invited him out clubbing, looked around them then looked at him saying, “You’re imagining it.”

Gun nodded his head. “Maybe, but he could feel that something was brewing in the shadows.”

“Are you coming with tonight?” Daisy asked.

She told him they were going clubbing on a school night because it was LGBT night at a club they frequented. She really wanted him to come with because she wanted to introduce him to someone.

He nodded his head shyly. “Maybe. But no promises. My father might kill me.”

4