Chapter 22
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Gun was sitting outside watching Sheng play on the grass when suddenly, a delivery van stopped by the gate.

Gun looked at Dean, asking, “Did you order anything?”

Dean scoffed. “All my fucking money goes to the house.”

Gun rolled his eyes as he got up and walked up to the gate.

It was a lazy day today, and he was wearing an oversized sweater with rips at the end.

“Good afternoon,” Gun greeted.

The delivery man walked up to the gate with a clipboard saying, “Good afternoon. I have a delivery for a Mr Vachirawit Laedeke.”

“That’s me,” Gun said, opening the gate.

Dean had made his way over and was leaning against the wall, wanting to know what was being delivered.

The van was parked backwards and when the door opened; it was filled with many boxes and gift bags.

First the man brought out a box filled with lavender coloured roses and gave it to Gun, who thought it was the only thing he was getting.

He had his back facing the delivery man as he had his face in the box of flowers, smelling it.

“Where do I put this?” The man asked, giving Gun a fright.

Looking at him, then at the four black gift bags in the man’s hand, he said, “You can hand that to man, brother.”

Dean took it and looked inside the bags, but they had boxes inside them.

Looking up, Dean saw a second man jump out of the van and into the back, and the two men brought out boxes in many sizes.

The first man asked, “And these?”

Dean looked at his brother and saw that he was too stunned to speak. 

“Inside the house, take it inside,” he said.

About ten minutes later, everyone was gathered in the living room, staring at all the gift bags and boxes.

Gun signed his name on the paper, then bid the men a good day at the gate.

‘What the fuck is Kai thinking?’ he asked himself as he made his way to the house.

His brothers looked at him and Moon asked, “We know you have a boyfriend. Is he rich?”

Gun nodded his head awkwardly. “He is.”

“So why can’t he buy us food?” Light scoffed.

Gun rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch. He was at a loss for words and King didn’t seem like the type to do this.

‘I mean, he would have done this long ago. Wouldn’t he?’ He thought.

Dean opened one of the black gift bags and took out the box. He saw it was from a big show brand and opened it.

Showing it to Gun, he said, “He knows you like heels.”

Gun nodded his head slowly. He was feeling overwhelmed.

Rubbing his head, he clapped his hands and looked at Sheng. “Baby, why don’t you help me carry everything to my room?”

Sheng nodded his head and Gun could see that he was confused.

After they carried everything to the room, Light and Dean walked in.

Gun smelled the roses. He looked at his brothers, that made themselves comfortable on his bed, and sighed.

“What’s going on?” Light asked.

Sitting down by the dressing table, he asked, “What do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb.” He warned him.

Sighing, Gun said, “Fine. I applied for a job because I didn’t want you and Dean working hard just to get more money in. I went in for the interview all to find out that it was actually a blind date with the owner of the company. I received money so that it would seem like I was wasting my time. That’s how I managed to buy all the noodles and snacks. The trip to Singapore was also me going away to spend time with him.”

Light and Dean stared at their brother. They had suspected that something fishy was going on but this…

“So he’s your sugar daddy?” Dean asked.

Gun chuckled and shook his head, “No. I actually wasn’t sure about this, but he’s handsome and rich. He has a shitty personality, though, but other than that, we have mutual feelings for one another. And we are taking it slow. I didn’t give up my virginity to him, I swear.”

Light raised a brow. “So what now? Is it always going to be like this?”

Gun shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. He hasn’t done this before, even though we have been dating for five months.”

Light nodded his head, then looked at Dean. Turning back to him, he asked, “So what does he do?”

“He owns multiple businesses,” he answered.

“And when do we meet him? How old is he?” He continued.

Gun sighed, “It’s too early to meet him. I’m not sure if this will last. And he’s Thirty-three.”

“So he is your sugar daddy,” Dean said.

Gun chuckled. He got up and went to his bag and pulled out his wallet, and took out his bank card. Turning to them, he said, “Well, now that you know, I should tell you this. I am registered as an employee under his company and received a monthly income. There’s almost five hundred thousand dollars in side here because I haven’t been using it. I secretly paid Sheng’s school fees finished for this year and I’m thinking about doing the same with mine and Moon’s tuition fees. If there’s anything you want, you can buy it with this card.”

Light got up and walked over to him. He took the card and looked at it, then looked at his brother and said, “Aren’t you afraid of getting into trouble with the government?”

Gun chuckled and shook his head. “I’ve said it before. I don’t know if this relationship will last and who knows, I might die tomorrow. Let’s spend the money. I’m tired of keeping it a secret.”

Light looked back at Dean and saw that he was hesitating, too.

Turning back to Gun, he handed him the card back saying, “I’m good, just do nothing that’ll upset you.”

*

Gun was going through the gifts and was excited. He never received so much, and it was everything that he wanted.

Three diamond necklaces, five diamond bracelets, six handbags, seven pairs of heels from the top brands.

Boxes of truffles, Turkish Delights. Italian, Swedish and German chocolates. There were a few brands from Japan too and last, a box of banknotes.

Staring at the box in Moon’s hand, he said, “Just close it and pretend you didn’t see it.”

Moon looked at his brother, confused. He knew the story, too. Gun told him everything, right after the trip to Singapore, but this was too much.

“What are you going to do with it?” He asked.

*

King chuckled between their kisses and bit down on Gun’s lip.

Gun pouted as he looked at him. “Why did you bite me?”

“Why are you in such a good mood today? It feels like you want to eat me up,” he said.

Gun climbed off of him and went to sit on the couch. Placing his hand on his neck, he felt the diamond necklace he put on before coming here. He said, “It’s nothing.”

His eyes gazed down at his feet and couldn’t help admire the shoes. Bending over, he undid the strap, asking, “How did you know my shoe size?”

King raised a brow at him, asking, “Why would I want to know what your shoe size is?”

Gun shook his head and undid the other strap. Pulling his feet onto the couch, he said as he looked at him, “You didn’t need to give me so much money. How am I even going to use it?”

King chuckled as he switched on the laptop saying, “Why don’t you just buy yourself another necklace?”

“Where am I even going to buy another one? Where did you buy this one?” Gun asked him.

King looked over at him as he leaned back in the chair and asked, “What are you talking about?”

“My shoes and this necklace and all the other stuff by my house.” He answered.

King stared at the necklace around his neck, then looked at the shoes and said, “That’s an ugly necklace and it doesn’t suit you. I would have bought you something else.”

Gun frowned. He got up, walking to the desk asking, “And the shoes?”

“What about them?” He asked.

Stopping at the desk, he asked, “The shoes, Kai. If you didn’t buy me the necklace, then did you buy the shoes?”

He shook his head. “What are you going on about?”

Gun paled and rushed to the couch to get his phone. He took a picture of all the gifts he received this afternoon. He thought it was Kai who bought them, that’s why he was here and if it wasn’t him, who…

As Gun unlocked his phone to show him the pictures, he saw a message on his phone that came in an hour ago asking: Do you like the gifts I got you?

His body shuddered.

How?

Who?

Why? 

2