Chapter 27
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King strummed his fingers against the table, staring at the wall. He frowned, then tilted his head to the side and asked, “Are you really going to leave me like this?”

Troy knocked on the door.

“Come in,” he said.

Troy was still in the wheelchair. It took him a bit to get to the desk, and he asked, “Have you heard anything yet from Gun? I miss him.”

King shook his head, “No.”

“So, why are you just sitting there? I thought you liked him. You should go after him so that he knows you care about him and miss him,” Troy lectured him.

King looked at him and said, “Maybe he’s busy.”

Troy shook his head. “I don’t know what you said that made him dump you, but you need to fix it. Gun made a big difference in your life and it would be a shame to see the old you return.”

King slammed his fist on the desk, saying, “Get out of my office.”

Turning his wheelchair around, he said, “You know I am right. Gun should be at university now. How about waiting at home for him? You know where he lives.”

*

As much as he hates to do this, King was outside Gun’s home. Frustrated, he slammed his hand against the steering wheel, making it honk.

Marwin, that was inside, making himself something to eat, stepped out onto the porch to see who was at his gate.

Looking at the expensive car, he raised a brow. ‘What is this now?’

He walked up to the gate and tried to look inside it and saw that the windows were tinted.

He opened the gate and walked up to the car. Knocking on the window, he asked, “Who is it? What do you want by my house?”

King looked at the man standing outside the window and frowned. ‘Isn’t the house supposed to be empty? Why’s Gun’s father standing naked outside?’

Collecting himself, he opened the car door and stepped out.

Marwin looked at the handsome man covered with tattoos. King placed his hands together greeting, “Good afternoon Mr Laedeke.”

Marwin nodded his head. “Who are you, and what do you want?”

King looked away, hiding his annoyance, then back at him and said, “I’m, I’m dating your son.”

Marwin raised a brow. “Which one? I have many.”

‘Is he really going to make me say it?’ “Gun, sir,” he answered.

“So you’re the rich boyfriend?” He asked, not waiting for an answer.

Walking through the gate, he said, “He is at university now. Come, wait inside.”

King groaned inwardly and protested.

Locking his car, he followed him in.

“Do you want anything to eat?” Marwin asked.

King looked at the bowl in his hand and shook his head. “No, thank you.”

“Have a seat, don’t just stand there,” he said.

As King sat down, he asked, “What’s your name again?”

“Kai,” he answered.

“Just Kai?” He asked.

Looking at him, King shook his head, “That is what I go by.”

Marwin sat down opposite him asking, “So tell me, why are you dating my son?”

King frowned. “Do you not want him dating, sir?”

Pointing the fork at him, he said, “I was told that you’re thirty something and Gun is still a university student. He’s only twenty-two. What do you want with him?”

King chuckled, looking at Marwin. He said, “You should ask your son that. He was the one who approached me.”

*

Gun walked into the house and looked around. He didn’t recognise the car outside, but it was too luxurious to be his father’s.

He stopped behind the couch King was sleeping on and smiled.

Sheng walked in whispering, “He’s been waiting for you.”

Gun winked at him and saw Dean too. He shook his head, then looked down at King and poked his cheek, but he was fast asleep. ‘So you can sleep in my house without a care?’

He raised his hand and slapped King across the face, frightening his brothers.

King woke up and glared at him. “Why did you smack me?”

“Is this your fucking house? What are you doing sleeping at someone else’s home?” He asked.

Sitting up and fixing his clothes, King looked at Gun, then at the brothers who were eyeing him. Turning back to Gun, he said, “I’m here to see you.”

Gun placed his hands on his hips, “Well, you’ve seen me, now leave.”

King stood up and stared down at Gun. “What? No hug? No kiss?”

Gun scoffed, “Wasn’t I clear the first time?”

He walked up to King and pushed him down onto the couch with all the strength in him, disheveling his hair and said with his blood boiling. “This, between us, it’s over. Don’t ever show your fucking face in front of me, motherfucker. Get out, GET OUT NOW!”

King slowly got up and when he stood in front of Gun again, there wasn’t a sign of the man before. 

Looking down at Gun, not a thought went through his mind. Taking a deep breath, he said, “I’ll come back when you’ve calmed down.”

Gun watched as King was leaving, and his body was visibly shaking. ‘What did I just do?’

Gun rushed up to his bedroom and looked out of the window. King was still standing beside the car and he was just staring at the door. He looked lost.

Wiping his tears away, Gun shook his head. “No, no, everything will be okay. I’ll be okay. Kai will be okay.”

At least that is what he thought. Kai’s actions spoke of something else.

*

Gun was in his bed, fast asleep, dreaming of who knows what.

The door at the back of the house opened and in walked a black figure. Its eyes were as sharp as an eagle’s and its thoughts were terrifying. 

The black figure was King, and he had one goal in mind.

He made his way upstairs and let balls of smoke roll through the house, passing each room and dropping a ball inside.

He arrived by Gun’s door and opened it, finding him lying on his back in an oversized shirt and pink shorts. 

His stomach was exposed and his mouth was parted as he slept.

King smirked as he stood over Gun. All the darkest things went through his mind about what he could do to this disobedient human.

Reaching his hand down intending to grab his neck and squeezing the life out of him…

“Fine, look I’m sorry okay, I shouldn’t have spoken to you like that,” Gun suddenly said, pulling him from his thoughts.

King blinked his eyes a few times and turned to Gun, who was standing beside him.

Gun wore a worried expression and wasn’t wearing his university uniform anymore.

Looking back at himself in the window's reflection, he was confused.

Rubbing his face, he asked, “What? What happened?”

“You’ve been standing here spaced out for over fifteen minutes. You’re scaring me,” Gun said.

2