Chapter 29
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh ho, there they are now,” Big said.

Gun looked up at what he was talking about and saw Champ and Jane walking hand in hand into the cafeteria.

Gun raised a brow, wondering, ‘Why are they here?’

“Aren’t you going to say hello?” Shoot asked.

Gun shook his head. “It has nothing to do with me.”

He nodded his head as they continued watching the couple. 

As they were waiting in line, Champ could feel that there were eyes on him. He looked around and met Gun’s gaze.

Staring at him, he licked his lips and winked.

“He looks like a walking asshole,” Gun suddenly said, making them laugh.

They got back to eating and Shoot suddenly said, “Oh yes, like I was saying before. That guy from Kai Technologies is sketchy. What business owner has so many tattoos that they cover your whole body?”

Placing a spoon of rice in his mouth, Gun asked, “What were you saying about students working for him?”

Shoot nodded his head, “Mn, I don’t know who, but they are. He has his hands all over Thailand, according to my uncle.”

“Your uncle?” Gun repeated.

“Yes, he works for the police. He is investigating to SOG, and he keeps hitting a wall because they are so well connected,” he explained.

‘Maybe now’s the time to tell them we’re dating,’ he thought.

“Gun? Can we sit with you?” They heard.

Gun looked up and saw it was Jane and her boyfriend. He shuddered inwardly because the only thing he could think of when he looked at Champ was what they did together.

He nodded his head slowly as he watched Champ slide into the chair beside Shoot. The boys bowed their heads, greeting him, and so did Gun. 

“How are you doing?” Jane asked him.

Moving his gaze to her from Champ, he said, “I’m doing great. What about you?”

Nodding her head, she smiled and held Champ’s hand on the table, saying, “Great. By the way, I wanted to ask you before. When did you and your boyfriend meet?”

“Heh? You have a boyfriend,” Big said.

Gun looked at him not before meeting Champ’s gaze, saying, “Don’t worry about it, we broke up.”

“You did?” Jane asked, shocked, but she was happy inside.

Gun nodded, saying, “I’m going to stop speaking now.”

*

Gun was walking home when he heard honking going off behind him. Stopping, he turned and saw that it was Champ’s white European car.

Jane rolled down the window on her side and stuck her head out, asking, “Do you need a ride home?”

He shook his head but Champ climbed out of the car and walked over to him, saying quietly, “Just climb in. I need to speak to you after dropping her off.”

“I have nothing to say to you,” Gun said.

“Then just listen,” he said, stepping to the side. He didn’t want Jane to know that they knew one another.

He looked at the car and sighed. Walking towards it, he didn’t even smile as he passed Jane. He climbed into the car and slammed the door shut.

Jane turned in her seat and said, “Are you free? Do you want to have something to eat?”

“Not today Jane. I told you I have something to do after dropping you off,” Champ said.

She pouted as she looked at him, “But you promised to help me make things right between Gun and I.”

Champ sighed. He leaned over and placed a kiss on her lips. “I know I did, but not today.”

She nodded her head and turned to Gun, asking, “Maybe next time, then.”

He nodded his head with a sigh. As she sat straight, he looked into the rearview mirror and saw that Champ was looking at him.

He started the car and drove off toward Jane’s house.

“How long were the two of you dating?” Jane asked.

“Not long,” Gun answered as he looked out the window.

“How did you meet?” She asked.

“By chance. I was out shopping when I met him. He offered to buy me something, and I refused. We’ve hit it off ever since,” he explained.

“So, why did you break up?” She asked.

Gun shrugged from behind and said, “He has issues he needs to deal with.”

She turned in her seat and asked curiously, “What issues?”

SHe was so used to having in-depth conversations with him she didn’t realise that she crossed the line.

Gun punched the seat, saying, “Just stop, will you? You and I aren’t that close anymore.”

“Jane,” Champ called her.

She sat down on the seat and looked down at her hands.

Champ moved his hand to the back seat and touched Gun’s thigh.

Gun’s eyes widened, and he quickly moved it, but Champ placed his hand on the thigh again. As Gun made to move his hand, he grabbed it and held it tightly.

Gun looked at him through the rearview mirror, then sat forward and looked at Jane from behind and saw that she was busy on her phone.

He pinched Champ’s hand, making him laugh and move his hand.

He leaned down, getting something from underneath the seat and placed the box on Gun’s lap, retrieving his hand, which now had a bright pink mark on it.

Gun looked at the white box on his lap, then looked at Champ and saw that he wasn’t paying attention to him anymore.

Opening the box, he saw two eclair doughnuts inside and on the lid inside was a message saying, ‘For you, Gun.’

He picked up one and ate it, ignoring the couple.

*

“Did you enjoy the doughnuts? I heard they were your favourite,” Champ said as they stopped at a red light after dropping off Jane.

Gun turned to him, asking, “What’s this about you helping Jane get back with me?”

He scoffed. “Do you think I want that? I just agreed to it because I wanted to see you.”

“What the fuck is this about, too? Does she know you ate my ass out? I’m sure you kissed her with those damn lips,” he said.

Champ laughed. He turned to him, asking, “Would you believe me if I said I enjoyed myself?”

“Oh, I know you enjoyed yourself. I take pride in caring about my body, so I know I taste good,” he said.

Champ nodded his head as he kept his eyes on the road, “I’m bisexual.”

“I didn’t ask,” Gun said.

“But you were thinking about it,” he said.

“Why did you break Jane and I apart?” He asked.

Champ turned to him briefly, saying, “I didn’t, you did.”

Gun stared at him for a moment, then said, “Fine. If you were bi, why didn’t you just say so? I knew there was something strange about how you looked at me.”

“How I look at you?” He asked.

Gun nodded. “Like you want to eat me up.”

Champ nodded, “To be honest with you, I wanted you more than Jane, but I don’t have the luxury of having a male partner. My grandfather expects better from me.”

“So what do you want from me?” Gun asked.

Smirking, Champ said, “To eat you up.”

1