Chapter 33
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay, class, and do not forget to attend the business workshop at three in the auditorium. Everyone will benefit from this workshop and not only the business students,” the lecturer said.

Gun sighed and stood up. He was exhausted. That weekend passed two weeks ago, but he could remember it as though it was yesterday, saying he could remember it as though it was today was an understatement.

“Why the long face?” Big asked. 

He didn’t know how, but Big and Shoot became his friends as he drifted away from Jane.

“I’m just feeling down and my life seemed to slow down,” Gun said as he hugged his books and walked down the hallway with Big and Shoot on each side.

Big and Shoot glanced at one another, then Shoot asked, “You’ve been down since going clubbing with the seniors, they said you were drinking a lot too, it must be hard losing the relationship with Jane.”

Gun sighed as Jane was brought up. He had been avoiding both her and Champ, embarrassed by his actions, but Champ was to blame–him too, but mostly Champ, right?

“I know what I did was wrong, but it felt good,” he mumbled.

“Which is what?” Big asked.

Gun stopped in his footsteps, realising that he spoke out loud. He tried to walk again, but Shoot stopped him. Staring at him, he said, “Look, you can trust us and it’s hard seeing you like this. We are your friends and we’re worried. Facing your problems alone sometimes isn’t good for your soul.”

“Spoken like a true master,” Big teased but turned serious when he looked at Gun, “We might not look at it, but we can sense that it’s not Jane that’s bothering you but someone else, maybe a special person?”

They were right; it had been eating at him that he had no one to speak to and he couldn’t tell Jane this?

Troy was nowhere to be found–well, he didn’t go out of his way to look for Troy because he didn’t trust the man anymore.

“Let’s have lunch where no one can hear?” Gun suggested making their eyes brighten.

*

“Okay, lunch is here, start speaking,” Shoot said.

Gun didn’t know where to start and the more he thought about it, the BBQ seemed unappetizing in front of him. Sighing, he started, “So, I’m in a relationship with this rich guy.”

“Does he attend here?” Big interrupted.

Gun grew annoyed but then realised that he didn’t know where King attended for his studies.

Shaking his head, “No, he works. He actually owns his own company. I applied there for a job, but instead of getting a position, I ended up going on a date with the boss and now we’re together.”

Shoot became annoyed, “What luck you have!”

“Do you want me to tell you the story or not?” Gun asked, slamming his fist down on the table.

They put their hands up and sealed their mouths shut with meat inside it.

Sighing, he continued, “So~ our relationship is not so smooth sailing as it seems. We finally see eye to eye but then I received gifts from someone thinking its him and our relationship has been rocky since then. I mean, I love the guy. I didn’t think I would. I don’t give a shit about his money and neither do I need it. I’ve always been all about my family, but now that he’s in my life, everything is just such a mess.”

Gun started tearing up and wiped his tears away. He rested his head on the table, making his friend’s frown.

Big looked at Shoot almost telling him that things weren’t adding up. Why would he be so upset?

“And so fucked up. He is such an asshole and so secretive and when the person approached me telling me that he was the one who sent me the gifts, I should’ve run in the other direction but no! My ass decided to go home with him but that’s not the worst thing I’ve done,” he said in a self loathing manner.

“What did you do?” Shoot asked hesitantly after Big bumped him with his elbow to speak.

Looking at them, he said, “Jane thinks her boyfriend is a God when actually, he’s just another motherfucker who likes the taste of pussy and dick.”

Big who was eating small cubes of pork, joked on it and coughed until his face turned red.

Shoot had frozen in place, then mumbled, “No wonder he was so hard on you. He actually wanted you, but dated your friend.”

“At least that’s what I think? I feel disgusted with myself because this isn’t the type of person I am. I’d never do that to my friend, nor would I decide to go home with my stalker. I can’t even look at myself in the mirror because all I can see is someone who chooses to run into another man’s arms instead of dealing with the man I love.”

“Are you sure you love him?” Big asked.

Leaning against the backrest with his arms folded, Gun nodded his head, then wiped his tears away. “I knew from the beginning what I was doing was wrong, but I didn’t stop. I just wanted him to come to me because even if I drank myself to death, he wouldn’t make time for me.”

“Don’t blame yourself. You’re human. We all do shitty things, just don’t do it again. We wouldn’t want you getting an STD or worse, something incurable,” Shoot said.

“Yeah,” Gun said as his thoughts trailed back to the morning he woke up. King had already left for whatever business and from what he heard, he was in Germany for the week.

“Instead of waiting for him, why don’t you go to him?” Shoot questioned.

“He’s rich, has a business, and is out of the country. I can’t possibly keep up with all of that now, can I,” he answered dejectedly and dropped his head on the table.

Soon, they heard him sobbing and left him to cry. Neither knew how to comfort another and it looked like Gun needed to get this out of his system.

*

“Why do you look like shit?” Moon asked as he sat down beside his brother.

Gun leaned over against him and closed his eyes. “I swear if the damn lecturer didn’t threaten us, I would be sleeping in my bed already.”

Moon said nothing and closed his eyes too.

Big tapped Gun on the shoulder, waking him up. “Who is that?”

Looking at him confused, he said, “My brother, we’re a year apart, didn’t you know?”

Moon opened his eyes and received a greeting from the two and nodded his head. Closing his eyes, he mumbled, “Your friends are cute.”

“Oh, shut up!” Gun grumbled. He wasn’t in the mood for any of this.

*

“Now students, let give a warm welcome to an alumnus that has made us all proud. Give a round of applause to Mr Kai Diloknawarit of Kai Technologies.” The Chancellor introduced.

“What?” Gun mumbled as the thundering sound of applause echoed around him. Opening his eyes, he saw King climb the steps and walk across the stage to the podium and stood before them all. He bowed humbly, wearing an elegant black suit, black turtleneck, and black shoes with his hair slicked back.

“I didn’t know your boyfriend was the owner of Kai Technologies,” Moon spoke beside him.

Gun didn’t even hear him. He had his eyes glued on King as he stood proudly before them all. Yes, he realised that he knew nothing about the man he loved, but worse, these people who adored him knew even less.

King introduced himself and his company. Diving into how he got to where he was and never giving up. He learnt too that King was adopted by a lawyer and his wife who was in the medical field who couldn’t have children. He had a sister who was living overseas and a brother who passed away in a car accident along with his father. 

He went on talking about his business and during his speech; he found Gun within the crowd, how when he was between so many students, he didn’t know.

Things were getting too much for Gun, especially when King held his gaze.

“I’m going to the toilet,” Gun said and left. Walking through the doors, he felt his heat sink and ran towards the exit. He was choking. From what? It was obvious he didn’t know how to face that man.

“Gun?” Champ called him from behind.

Gun was sitting on the staircase, holding his head, and managed to catch his breath before Champ came.

Looking at him, he forced a smile, “Hey.”

Champ sat down beside him. “You don’t look well. Are you okay?”

Gun nodded his head. “I was just feeling a little sick. The auditorium is full and I’m not used to being around so many people.”

Champ pressed his lips together, “So, I wasn’t sure at first but is the head of Kai Technologies the man you were on a date back then?”

Gun nodded his head slowly as he stared at Chips, who was standing behind a tree in the distance watching him.

“You haven’t called since that day, nor have you picked up my phone calls. In fact, I barely see you around campus these days. Are you avoiding me?” He said.

Gun looked at him with a weak smile, “Who are we trying to fool here besides ourselves? We almost got caught and shouldn’t even have let you near me. You’re dating Jane and I’m with someone else.”

“What they won’t know won’t hurt them,” Champ said.

2