Chapter 10
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chang Min spent some time working on his CV and sent it out.

A week later, he got a call from his father-in-law to go see him at the company.

Im No Min owned a construction company that was passed down by his father. Kyu Hyun was next in line to inherit the company, but over the years, he did not seem interested in it.

Walking up to the building, he looked around but didn’t see anyone. Walking in, he walked up to the reception desk saying, “Good day, I am here to see Mr. Im No Min.”

The receptionist looked at him strangely, saying, “Mr Im is not here at the moment. Please come back another time.”

Chang Min looked at her, confused, then pulled out his phone and dialled his number. He answered almost immediately and Chang Min said, “Dad, the receptionist says you aren’t here.”

Her eyes widened when she heard him call his dad and stood up. “I, I, I didn’t know. Please, this way.”

He looked at her strangely and heard No Min say, “It’s alright, I’ll speak to her.”

She led him to his office, where he was waiting with a smile on his face. Chang Min couldn’t help but smile back at him and gave him a hug.

“I missed you,” No Min said.

Hugging him back, he complained, “I miss you too, but you are so busy these days that we barely see each other.”

No Min chuckled, saying, “I might steal you from your husband if you continue flirting with me.”

Chang Min chuckled and went to sit down. No Min sat down beside him and gazed at Chang Min for a while.

“What?” He asked, smirking.

No Min shook his head, “Nothing, I’m just wondering how you are doing.”

Chang Min couldn’t hide his smile. “If you are wondering about me and Kyu Hyun, you should just ask.”

He sat up and took his jacket off. “Okay, I’ll ask. I heard he broke up with his boyfriend, who was eating all of my money.”

Chang Min chuckled, “Mn, and it’s all because of me.”

“What do you mean?” He asked curiously.

“Dad, I, I decided that I no longer want to just sit around and wait for him, so I went out and started doing things for myself. While I was eating, he and that boy came into the restaurant and I know that he always had someone even if it’s not the same person so I thought to avoid anything, I should leave and that is what I did but he came running after me. I don’t know what happened after that but he and that boy came to the other restaurant I was eating at and although I tried to avoid them, he walked up to me asking who I was, so I told him I’m his brother. Shortly after that, I went out clubbing. I swear, dad, I was there for almost three hours when suddenly Kyu Hyun wanted me to leave with him. I didn’t even know they were there and one thing led to another, leading me to call his boyfriend a dog and told them I’m his husband.”

No Min chuckled and shook his head, “Well that is really strange. Then what happened?”

“They left me to continue playing. I didn’t want to leave, but why must he disrupt me?

After that, he broke up with Ji Soo, then Ji Soo drugged him and Yun Ho. I went to help them and the next thing that happened was, I helped Kyu Hyun get the drugs out of his system,” he continued.

No Min looked at him surprised, asking, “You had sex?”

Chang Min’s eyes widened. “No, not that. Uhm… We just helped each other, nothing else.”

“Oh alright,” he said suspiciously.

Chang Min was embarrassed, but when he saw the smirk, he asked, “What?”

“Nothing, I’m just happy that my sons are finally getting together,” he said, rubbing his moustache.

Chang Min shook his head, “But something was really weird dad.”

“What is it?” He asked.

Chang Min stared at him for a moment as he thought about what it was and said, “When Yun Ho called me I didn’t even want to bother helping them and when I got to the club and saw the state they were in, I was so angry with the fact that they had drugged him and every bad thought came to mind. What if I wasn’t there to help like I initially intended and what would have happened to him? He could have died?”

Chang Min wiped his tears away, continuing, “When we were naked together, I realised I had been lying to myself all these years. It hurt every moment of being with him. I was always there for him, but he never cared for me and when I finally decided that I was gonna give up on him and find someone else, he started acting as if I mattered to him.”

Looking into his father-in-law’s eyes, he said, “When Ji Soo came to the house, he said things that made little sense. When did he notice I was doing everything for him? He didn’t even care when I fed him food. Some nights he wouldn’t even come home, but now he is paying so much attention to me it is all just so confusing.”

No Min nodded his head and gave him the chance to calm down. Staring at his son, he asked, “Do you love him, Chang Min?”

He nodded his head slowly.

“Why?” He asked.

“How could I not? I didn’t in the beginning but living with him and doing so much for him. Even if he didn’t like me, how could I not fall in love with him?” He asked back.

Taking Chang Min’s hand in his, he said, “Thank you for loving that idiot son of mine. I knew one day you could lead him on the right path. Luckily for me, you two are at the right age to see things clearly, and I hope you can help him grow into a good man.”

*

Before, when Kyu Hyun was on his way out, he saw Chang Min at reception. When Chang Min walked in, he followed him to his father’s office and from outside, he could hear them speaking.

At first he wasn’t going to listen in, but then with the way his father was looking at Chang Min and the longer he stayed, the more interesting the conversation had gotten, but now, as they reached this part…

To think that Chang Min actually loved him?

What a turn of events.

Kyu Hyun stopped listening. His heart was beating fast, and it was just too much for his liking. He went back to his office, completely forgetting that he was going for a booty call from one of his exes.

*

“So why did you ask to see me?” Chang Min asked.

No Min nodded his head then said, “Oh… I saw you applied for a job at one of my friends’ businesses. If you needed a job, why didn’t you ask me?”

Chang Min chuckled, shaking his head, “Dad, I don’t want to rely on family ties.”

“Nonsense, I will arrange something. It’s a family business, so I will have all my sons here. Speaking of sons, have you considered having a child?” He asked.

Chang Min looked away embarrassed and said, “I can’t fall pregnant.”

“I know. Come to work tomorrow,” he said with a smile. “I have the perfect job for you.”

2