Chapter 12
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thursday

Kyu Hyun let out a yawn when he looked at the time. It was almost five in the evening.

Packing up his things, he went to look for Chang Min. It had been two days since Chang Min started working here and he was wrapped up in the books.

Between meetings and checking the finance books off his list, he basically had no time for him.

He knocked on the door and asked, “Are you ready to go?”

Before he answered, he saw that there was someone with Chang Min in his office. Inspecting him, he couldn’t even recognize the person.

The man quickly stood up and bowed, “Hello, sir.”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head, he looked at Chang Min for answers and saw that he wasn’t even ready to leave.

Chang Min looked at the time and caught a fright. “Oh sorry, I didn’t realize it was this late.”

He looked at the man he was speaking to and said, “We’ll finish this tomorrow.”

He nodded his head, then bowed to Kyu Hyun and left.

Kyu Hyun had a deep frown on his face and said as he looked at Chang Min, “You haven’t even been here a week and already someone is after you. Did you tell him we’re together?”

“How weird would that be?” Chang Min smirked.

He finished packing and asked, “What do you mean someone is after me?”

Kyu Hyun rolled his eyes. “I’ve been there before, I just know.”

Chang Min bumped his arm against Kyu Hyun playfully, gaining his attention. “Don’t be like that.”

Things had at least gotten better. They went from ten word sentences to having full-blown conversations even if it was about making fun of other people.

As they got to the car, Kyu Hyun stopped and looked at Chang Min as he was climbing in. “Chang Min?”

Chang Min paused and looked at him. He saw the frown on his face and smiled. “Get in, we can talk in the car.”

He nodded his head and made his way over to the driver’s side. Climbing in, he sat down and looked at Chang Min, who was waiting for him.

Chang Min reached over and placed a kiss on his lips. Looking at him he said, “It’s okay to be jealous but not at the workplace okay? I just started, and I don’t want things to turn out badly for me.”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head and leaned in for a kiss. He looked at him and said, “I’m possessive Chang Min, I don’t like other men around those I’m with.”

Chang Min smirked and sat back down. Fastening his seat belt he said, “I noticed.”

Kyu Hyun scoffed and started the car.

As they were waiting in traffic, he asked, “So how’s things going at work?”

“Fine, but all the reading gets me tired,” he answered.

“Take it easy or I’ll lock you up at home,” he joked.

Chang Min turned to him and asked, “Is this jealousy thing going to be an everyday story?”

Kyu Hyun looked at him asking, “It depends. Do you know that you aren’t allowed to date your co-workers?”

Chang Min thought about it then smirked and answered, “But what if your co-worker is your husband?”

It took a moment for him to register what he had said. An unconscious smile made its way to his face. He reached his hand over and took Chang Min’s hand in his. Bringing it to his lips, he kissed his hand, saying, “Thank you.”

Chang Min swat his hand away saying, “I’m only giving you a chance because I want to. I want to see if I can love you after all you’ve done to me.”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head, saying nothing. It wasn’t his place to yell, ‘I already know that you love me.’ At him. 

“You need to work for it, you know?” Chang Min said as he gazed out of the window.

“What?” He asked, confused.

Turning to Kyu Hyun, he said, “My trust and my love.”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head slowly.

How he could earn those, he didn’t know, especially his trust.

The conversation he overheard between his father and Chang Min still had him spooked.

*

They were out on a terrace at one restaurant overlooking a river. In the distance were the city lights. Above them, the sky was dark with millions of stars in it.

As Chang Min was gazing up, Kyu Hyun was drinking from the glass that had red wine in it and staring at him.

Placing the glass down, he licked his lips and asked, “How did we end up like this?”

Chang Min looked over at him and couldn’t read his expression. He sat up straight and looked around behind Kyu Hyun.

There wasn’t anyone around them, it was just him and Kyu Hyun. Looking back at him, their eyes met, and he shook his head. “I don’t know. Ask yourself that. All I was told was to stay by your side and do nothing that would hurt you.”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head, he looked at his empty plate and asked, “Do you like things like this?”

“What do you mean?” Chang Min asked.

“Going out on dates,” he asked.

Chang Min looked at the empty plate too and shook his head, he looked back up at him and asked, “Tonight was nice but I don’t know. I never went on a date before, is this one?”

Kyu Hyun pressed his lips together, he thought it was obvious but maybe not. He sighed and ran a frustrated hand over his face and sat back, “Mn, I thought I’d take you out.”

Chang Min chuckled and nodded his head. He got up and leaned over the table. He called Kyu Hyun closer with his finger; he got up too and leaned over.

Chang Min placed a kiss on his lips and said, “Thank you Mr Im, tonight was lovely but next time tell me then I won’t be so quiet.”

Kyu Hyun smirked as he sat back down and said, “You’re cute when you want to be.”

Chang Min cocked a brow asking, “You noticed it now only?”

Sighing as he tilted his head to the right, he nodded. “Unfortunately, but I’m glad I’m not too late.”

Smiling, Chang Min said, “You would have never been late.”

2