Chapter 22
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyu Hyun paced up and down in front of Chang Min, who was sitting crossed legged on a chair reading a magazine. 

Chang Min looked up from the baby pictures at him and said, “The doctor will have the results soon. Why are you so agitated?”

Kyu Hyun knelt down in front of him and said as he took his hands in his, “Chang Min, you don’t understand. I’m worried, confused and frightened. How long has it been since we’ve gotten the news that you can bear a child and yet there is still nothing?”

Chang Min sighed as he looked at the man in front of him. Yes, it has been long, almost four months now, and they’ve been having sex back and forth to where Chang Min suspected that Kyu Hyun had become obsessed with the idea.

Pulling his hands free and picking up the magazine, he said, “When the child comes, you will be sorry.”

“What?” He asked astonished.

Chang Min looked at him, explaining, “Once the child is born, I will spend less time with you.”

Kyu Hyun chuckled and sat down beside him. He hugged Chang Min to his side and kissed him on the lips. “I have no complaints there. My child will be loved by a wonderful person.”

“Why do you want this child? You don’t even love me,” Chang Min asked.

Kyu Hyun didn’t say a word as he looked at him. His hold loosened until his hands were at his side. He turned away from Chang Min, saying, “Chang Min, I am trying. Why can’t you just believe me?”

“You are forcing a child into this world when you did not even want me. Do you really think that after all this time, I’d just let you do what you want when you don’t deserve it?” He asked.

Kyu Hyun turned to him as Chang Min got up. He chucked the magazine at him, saying, “You know what, I’ll save you the humiliation. I’m not pregnant. Even if you are not taking precaution, I will.”

Kyu Hyun’s eyes followed Chang Min out of the room and, as if clock work, the doctor came out of his office with Chang Min’s file in his hands and a smile on his face.

When he looked at Kyu Hyun, his smile widened. “Where is Chang Min? I have his results here.”

Kyu Hyun stood up unsure, “He said he needed some air.”

The doctor nodded his head and pulled the page out with the results on it. He walked up to Kyu Hyun, then sat down beside him and asked, “Do you want to give him the results, or should we wait for him to come back?”

‘Isn’t that going to cost more money?’ Kyu Hyun thought. He forced a smile and shook his head. “No doctor, I think I’ll show it to him.”

The doctor nodded his head and handed the page to Kyu Hyun, who thanked him with a bow and walked off.

*

Kyu Hyun looked all over for Chang Min and when he couldn’t find him, he went to the car.

Nearing the vehicle, his arm swung so fast that it dropped the paper and it flew away. He gasped in realisation and rushed after it. He jumped into the air before it would get any further and caught it.

He exhaled gratefully, but what was he grateful for? He didn’t even know what was on this paper he was chasing.

Looking at it, he read the first paragraph, then looked around, confused. His left hand flew to the back of his head as he looked around aimlessly.

What was the meaning of this?

Really, it’s been a few months. Did Chang Min hate him that much?

Was it all too good to be true?

*

Arriving back at the car, he saw Chang Min standing by it. Walking up to him, he saw he had been crying, and he looked miserable.

Chang Min’s gaze was on the paper in his hand, then he looked at Kyu Hyun. Turning around saying, “I’m hungry, let’s go.”

“Don’t you want to know what the doctor said?” He asked.

Chang Min shook his head. “I already know the results on that damn page. I don’t need to read it.”

“Chang Min, are you sure you don’t want to read it?” He asked.

“Unlock the damn car,” he said.

*

A few hours later…

No Min walked into the house and could immediately tell that there was tension in the air. 

Chang Min was nowhere to be seen, and Kyu Hyun he chucked himself on the couch. 

He sat by Kyu Hyun’s feet and asked, “So what did the doctor say? Were you able to impregnate him?”

Kyu Hyun rubbed his head, annoyed, and took a deep breath. Exhaling, he said, “Today should be the happiest day of my life, but Chang Min, the way he spoke to me, it made me realise I’m such a fool.”

He sat up and looked at his father, “I, I don’t know what I was thinking. Father, am I stupid? I over heard Chang Min tell you he loves me and I thought I had done… father how come I do so much but in the end I… its like nothing matters.”

No Min licked his lips and looked away from his son. His eyes closed as he thought of the right words and said, “I’ll admit to it. Even I was excited when I heard the news and have forgotten about his feelings.”

Opening his eyes, he took in a deep breath and said, “Chang Min must be lonely where he is? Did he eat? He doesn’t eat when he is stressed.”

Kyu Hyun laughed, saying, “He doesn’t even want to see me, father. He said he made sure that he wouldn’t fall pregnant, but yet the doctor concluded that he was. What’s going to happen? Isn’t he going to love my child? What about me? Has he stopped loving me?”

No Min smiled reassuringly and said, “Son, just give it time. You and Chang Min had just reached a new step in your lives. Try to think about how you’ve hurt him and amend it. Just because he is carrying your child does not mean the ten years will vanish and the money you paid for him will return with my grandchild. If and when things are well between you two, then we will have this conversation.”

His sight turned to Chang Min, who was standing against the wall and said, “With the both of you.”

Kyu Hyun looked back to see who his father was looking at and saw Chang Min. He quickly stood up and started sweating.

He felt sick to his stomach.

Chang Min saw how pathetic Kyu Hyun was looking and nodded his head. “Would you like a cup of tea?”

No Min nodded his head, “Please.”

1