Chapter 24
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Handing the menu back to the server, Chang Min turned to Kyu Hyun, who was busy on his phone, “So what is the occasion? You haven’t let me leave the house since my visit to the hospital.”

Kyu Hyun looked at him and smiled. Placing the phone down on the table, he said, “I feel bad for locking you up.”

Chang Min rolled his eyes. “Oh please, I’ve been locked up in that house for ten years. I know it better than myself and I don’t like people, so it’s fine.”

Reaching over the table, he held Chang Min’s hands and asked, “What about me? Do you like me?”

Chang Min smiled. He sighed with pretend frustration, asking, “Do I have to reassure you every day?”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head.

Chang Min squeezed his hand and said, “I’m sorry if it doesn’t seem like it, but yes, I do like you. It’s more than like, I love you and I will never be able to express how I feel because unfortunately, I don’t know how to do that.”

Kyu Hyun smiled, feeling reassured, and kissed his hands. Looking into his eyes, he asked, “What about my baby? Do you love her?”

Chang Min cocked a brow. “You still think it’s a she?”

Kyu Hyun nodded his head.

Smiling at him he said, “Of course I love OUR child. Over the years, I’ve always wondered how things would be if I were a woman. Maybe you’d love me and not leave me behind, and maybe things would have been different.”

Kyu Hyun sighed, “I’ve thought about that too, but I’m too gay to like a woman.”

Chang Min chuckled and pulled his hands away. Standing up, he said, “I need to pee and I’ll get the drinks on my way back.”

Kyu Hyun nodded, but he was reluctant to let him go.

Chang Min made his way to the toilet and after a few seconds of being in there, the doors opened and someone walked in. He didn’t look back to see who it was because who the heck speaks in the toilet unless they know each other?

The person who walked in looked at Chang Min and tilted his head. After checking him out, he scoffed then walked out. Chang Min was in his own world and didn’t care what happened to the people he did not know.

Walking out, he had the intention of going to the drinks section of the Chinese restaurant. On his way there, he looked around and stopped when he saw Kyu Hyun standing by their table and looking down at someone who was sitting in his seat.

Looking at the other person, Chang Min frowned. He didn’t recognise him and by the look on his face; the guy seemed to know Kyu Hyun because he seemed very nervous right now. Deciding to leave it alone, he went and got their drinks.

“Sit down,” the man said to Kyu Hyun.

Kyu Hyun looked around the restaurant to see if Chang Min was out yet, then saw his back by the fridges. He turned back to the guy and said, “Liu Sheng, you better leave.”

Liu Sheng scoffed. Looking at him, he said, “If it’s about your bitch in the toilet, don’t worry. I’m not here to make a scene. It’s been years. How are you doing?”

Kyu Hyun slowly sat down, asking, “Does it matter?”

Liu Sheng scoffed, feeling very confident, and sat forward. “What happened between you and Ji Soo? You said you were in love with him, but I see you moved on really quick.”

“I moved on from you quick too, right?” Kyu Hyun asked and smirked.

Liu Sheng felt a sting in his heart and sighed. Looking at him, he asked, “I’m single. Why don’t you leave him for me?”

“You know I don’t go back to old flings,” Kyu Hyun said, taking off his jacket.

Liu Sheng rolled his eyes and sat back, “But you easily jumped between Ji Soo and I for a year. What’s different now?”

“You’re in my seat,” Chang Min said.

Liu Sheng turned to him, then ignored him. He looked back at Kyu Hyun and asked, “Like I was saying before I was interrupted, what is the difference now?”

Kyu Hyun looked at Chang Min and wasn’t sure if he was upset or annoyed. His facial expression didn’t change at all, and there was no way he was going to expose himself now in front of Chang Min.

Looking back at Liu Sheng, he said, “It’s time for you to leave.”

Liu Sheng sat forward and gave him a flirtatious smile. “But we just started catching up.”

“Is he one of your exes?” Chang Min asked, gaining Kyu Hyun’s attention.

Now, as he looked at him, he could see that Chang Min was annoyed. He nodded his head slowly without answering.

Chang Min placed the cans on the table, then leaned down and grabbed Liu Sheng by his arm. He yanked him up and pushed him past him, then sat down in his seat and arranged the cans on the tables.

He finally gave Liu Sheng his attention briefly, but said nothing.

He was pleased with the looked on his face that told him he wasn’t expecting anything from Chang Min, who looked away detached.

Their order came over and the table was filled with many dishes. Looking over at Kyu Hyun, he could tell that he was worried that something might happen, but he would not blame him for being handsome.

“Instead of looking at me like that, let’s eat,” Chang Min said.

Kyu Hyun looked at Liu Sheng, who was still standing there, and ignored him as well.

They started eating and Chang Min said, “I want to go eat at that American steakhouse place. I think it’s called gang something.”

Kyu Hyun tried to think of the name. He went to so many restaurants already, but he couldn’t think of a name. “I’ll look it up. Where else?”

“I want to eat seafood,” Chang Min said as he looked at him.

Kyu Hyun stared at him and was blank for a moment. He sighed and said, “I forgot you like seafood.”

“And how strange it is that we are partnered,” Chang Min teased.

Thinking about it, Kyu Hyun asked, “Do you think she’ll be allergic to it too?”

“That will be very hard on me because at least when you weren’t home, I could eat it. Now I have to lay back on it because your mouth likes my body,” Chang Min said with a sigh.

“Sorry,” Kyu Hyun said and went quiet.

Chang Min turned his attention to the side and saw that Liu Sheng wasn’t standing there anymore. He sighed, relieved, and asked, “Will this be a normal occurrence?”

Kyu Hyun looked at him confused, “What?”

“Your exes,” he answered.

Kyu Hyun looked around for Liu Sheng but couldn’t see him. He sighed and nodded his head. “Yeah. Whenever I’m out with my partner, one of them will show up.”

“Why?” He asked.

Kyu Hyun shook his head. “I don’t know. Yun Ho said it was out of jealousy.”

“So it’s going to be a headache for me,” Chang Min sighed.

“Forget about it. I have something I want to show you,” he said.

Chang Min looked at him, confused.

Kyu Hyun smiled and said, “I’ve taken time off from work. We’re going to go visit your parents for two weeks.”

Chang Min stared at him for a moment and when it registered, he asked, “Are you joking?”

Kyu Hyun shook his head. “No. I’ve spoken to both our fathers, and they agreed to let me take you to Jeju Island .”

Chang Min placed the chopsticks down and sat back.

He was shocked.

He hadn’t been home in ten years, and how were things on Jeju Island?

“Why didn’t you discuss this with me?” He asked.

“It’s a surprise Chang Min,” Kyu Hyun said. He wasn’t sure of what to make of Chang Min’s expression. “Shouldn’t I have?”

Chang Min shook his head with a smile. “No, sorry, I just didn’t expect this. For a long time, I forgot that I have birth parents because I’ve been living with you and your family.”

Kyu Hyun felt a burden weigh down on his heart.

Really, if he could, he’d go back in time and change how he treated Chang Min.

He didn’t deserve to be left alone all these years and what was he going to tell their child when she asks about their relationship?

The truth?

1