Chapter 27
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few weeks later…

Chang Min was in bed reading a book on how to raise a baby when the door swung open. It was his mother-in-law. She looked at him frantically and said, “He woke up. Kyu Hyun woke up.”

The bed sheets flung off him as he got up and asked, “When? How?”

“The hospital phoned your father. He’ll be here soon to pick us up. Get ready,” she said and left.

Chang Min scrambled around to get ready but as much as he was excited, it all diminished when he stood in front of Kyu Hyun—the look in his eyes told him everything.

No Min stared at his son in disbelief, “What do you mean? How can you ask why is Chang Min here?”

Kyu Hyun’s face was visible with disgust and anger. He was sitting on the edge of the bed and staring at the dome Chang Min’s stomach made.

Scoffing, he said, “In these few months that we haven’t seen each other, you’ve gotten fat.”

That comment was like a knife to the heart. But Chang Min’s reaction was equally frustrating for No Min.

Chang Min turned around and walked away with no interest, leaving their parents stunned.

When Chang Min was far enough and near a bench, he dropped and cried into his hands, heart broken.

Soon cramping started in his womb, making him panic. He looked around and the floor was empty and it was silent.

He quickly pulled out his phone to call No Min because he could barely move from the pain, but then he realised that if he was worried about him, No Min would have chased after him.

Thinking it through, all he wanted right now was to leave. Kyu Hyun was awake, and it was the Kyu Hyun he didn’t like, the one who didn’t like him either.

Ten minutes later…

Chang Min looked at Won Woo, who was driving. It was his day off, but he didn’t mind.

Looking at Chang Min, he asked, “So, what happened? Bad news from the doctor? Is the baby okay?”

He nodded his head, rubbing his stomach, and said, “I don’t know, but the old Kyu Hyun is back.”

“Kyu Hyun?” He repeated.

Looking at him, he said, “My child’s father. My partner.”

Won Woo raised a brow as he looked at him, “Where did he go?”

Shaking his head, Chang Min went on and explained everything to Won Woo and reliving everything made him break out in tears.

Won Woo had come to a stop on the side of the road while he explained. Next thing Chang Min knew was that he had woken up in Won Woo’s bed with him lying beside him.

Staring at Won Woo as he slept, he couldn’t believe how content he felt. Sitting up against the headboard, he looked around the room and saw a ginger cat lying by their feet and it was staring at them, him specifically.

He smiled at the cat, then looked down at his stomach and rubbed it. His mind became muddled again, and he wanted to cry, but he told himself that he wouldn’t. ‘I’m sorry that this is happening. But we’ll be okay. I promise we will be.’

“You’re awake?” Won Woo asked as he turned on his side facing Chang Min. 

Chang Min looked down at him and poked his cheek, “Don’t you have to go to work?”

“I did, but I called in, telling them that my relative is sick,” he said.

Chuckling, Chang Min asked, “Am I that relative?”

Opening his eyes, Won Woo smirked, “Should I have said my boyfriend is sick, and he needs me to take care of him?”

Shrugging, he answered, “I don’t mind being your excuse to stay home.”

Won Woo lifted himself up. He turned Chang Min’s head to face him and said, “Don’t try me.”

Chang Min blushed, he could sense the tension coming off of his body and said, “Then don’t do the unexpected, especially if you don’t want to take responsibility.”

Climbing out of bed, Won Woo smirked, “Who said I don’t want to take responsibility?”

*

Won Woo watched as Chang Min slowly devoured the entire menu at the Chinese restaurant they were at.

“How can you fit everything into your body?” He asked.

“I have a fast metabolism, so it just disappears. I’ll eat you broke, so don’t even think about it.” He answered.

Won Woo laughed, placing the chopsticks down he said, “And I barely make money. It looks like I need to find a new job or a second.”

Chang Min laughed.

“So, what are you going to do about your ex or your boyfriend?” He asked.

Chang Min picked up his phone and looked at it. There were many missed calls and messages from No Min, Young Soo and Yun Ho.

Placing it down, he said, “I’ll hear tonight what they say.”

Won Woo had been fighting an urge since the first time that he saw Chang Min. Staring at him, he asked, “Why don’t you just move on? He lost his memories. When will it come back?”

Chang Min stared at him and shrugged.

Smirking, Won Woo got up and leaned over the table. He placed his hand on Chang Min’s cheek and pulled him in for a deep tongue exchange. When he sat back down, he said, “From your story, you don’t know what it’s like to date others. You’ve just been in someone’s shadow. How about shining the light on yourself for now?”

Chang Min covered his mouth. He had heard everything Won Woo had said but didn’t know how to respond, or his body was reacting with excitement and his tongue? It didn’t want to speak but wanted more.

Won Woo smirked, seeing the look in his eyes. He leaned his elbows on the table and said, “If you want more, just tell me.”

1