The Aftermath
490 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasumi's laying in a hospital bed, with multiple IV's sticking in her body. It's been a few days since she's been put in the hospital. Thirteen has already been treated and is back doing hero work. Aizawa needs a little more time to recover as his injuries were much more severe.

Kasumi is currently in her own mind.

She lays in the fetal position, back in the body of the old her. Her eyes have a kind of dead fish look to them as she just floats around aimlessly. She feels nothing. Then, in the distance she sees someone. A middle aged woman with her hands on her face watching some sort of screen. Tears are falling from the womans face. As Kasumi gets closer, she feels as though she knows the woman, but can't remember her. She's just about to call out as she is jolted awake.

"Hah! Huuuuuh. Huuuuuuh."

She wakes up in a cold sweat on the hospital bed. She looks down at her hands and sees that the usual silver color has returned up to her elbow. She looks into a mirror and sees that she's still the same person. She doesn't know why, but she felt like she had to check. She tries to remember her dream but is met by a headache as she does.

Her panicked breath and elevated heart rate make a nurse come check on her. After seeing her awake, she calls for a doctor who comes and gives her a quick check up. They mainly check her blood and iron levels, as those two were the biggest issue for her. Time seems to go by at a quicker pace for Kasumi as she's not entirely able to comprehend everything as easily as before.

When she tries to focus on something, she seems to focus for a much long time before she understands it. The doctor asks her a question,

"How are you feeling?"

It takes Kasumi a few seconds more to comprehend what he says,

"Um, uh. I think somethings wrong. I can't really… think as quickly."

The doctor nods his head,

"We expected that. You suffered some temporary brain damage from the lack of blood flowing through your body. It should heal itself in a few days."

Kasumi takes a few seconds and nods her head,

"Uhm. How long have I been asleep?"

The doctor tells her,

"Not as long as we thought, you've only been asleep for four days. We'd like to keep you in for a little while longer so the brain damage can clear up."

Kasumi takes a second and nods her head before asking,

"C-can you call my uhm. Parents?"

"Certainly."

The doctor stands up after the check up and leaves to have her parents called about her waking up. Kasumi stares at her hands as memories flow into her mind. She remembers that first villain she took out as a kid. His pained face as her fist crashes into his face. The pure joy she felt for saving her mom. Then she remembers the next one. The cracking sound as her fist broke his jaw. Then she remembers the first person she most likely killed. She charged at Kasumi with fear visible in her eyes. Her skin stretched out from her wrists to form a point as she tried to stab at Kasumi randomly. Kasumi wasn't planning on killing her, but one of the womans spikes nearly stabbed into her head. As a reaction, Kasumi punched up with a significant amount of energy and took off half of the womans face.

Her hands start to shake as she remembers the feeling of peeling the flesh and bone from her face, and the sickening sound she made as her body finally caught up with her death.

She remembers the face of every possible kill…

People with their heads completely flipped around…

People with holes caved into their chests…

People with holes shot through their heads…

She starts feeling sick and runs to the bathroom in the room, accidentally yanking out her IV's. Blood starts shooting out from the place the IV was in, which causes her to feel even more sick as she remembers the blood shooting out of the wounds she caused. She nearly gets to the toilet and ends up vomiting on the floor. She walks over to the bath and puts a towel on her arm to attempt to stop the bleeding, she then walks to her bed and takes the remote used to call a nurse. She has some realization and manipulates her energy to come out and cover the wound from the IV's removal. It doesn't stop the bleeding at first, but eventually it manages to staunch it. She feels weak, and her iron goes back to low levels, so she just decides to get back in bed and wait for the nurse.

—----------------------

The nurse came and fixed her IV, gave her a bucket at the side of her bed in case she vomits again, and even offered to wash her off. Kasumi refuses, stating that she can do it herself.

She gets up off the bed and heads to the shower to wash herself off. The IV needle stays in her with a piece of medical tape while the actual IV stays near her bed to be reattached. She washes herself off and notices something on her body that wasn't there before. In the center of her body, a small red circle is showing. She reaches down and touches it, which sends a wave of pain through her body. It feels as though her blood has started boiling. The silver skin of her arms turns to a sickly grey instead. The color becomes more and more sickly until it turns into a deep red color.

She feels anger well up in her body as the red color encompasses her arms and eyes. She doesn't understand what's going on. She starts freaking out as her brain can't comprehend her own anger. She tries to force it back down and accidentally presses on the circle once again. A wave of relief and exhaustion waves over her body. The anger dissipates, and her healthy silver skin returns, though covering slightly less of her skin than before. The red circle on her chest slowly fades until it disappears, leaving only a faint scar in the shape of a circle.

"Well… That's new…"

-----------------------------

26