The Recovery
462 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasumi's parents arrive and are greeted by a slightly sickly looking girl with bags under her eyes. When Zuri sees her little girl in such a haggard state, she starts tearing up. She walks over to Kasumi and gives her a tight, warm hug.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, sweetie. I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried about you. You're safe now."

Makoto sits down on a chair beside her bed and lets her mom finish with coddling her injured baby. Zuri holds Kasumi in a tight hug for a few minutes, letting Kasumi's body recover from the shock of the events.

She then motions to Makoto who gets up and walks over to Kasumi. He puts his hand on her should wipes a tear from her eye,

"I'm glad you're okay, twerp."

He brings her into a short, but fulfilling hug.

"Uhm. The doctor said I had some… Temporary brain damage from blood loss…"

Zuri nods her head,

"We were told. You should be better in a couple days. Now, I've heard it on the news, but could you tell me what happened?"

Kasumi pauses for a second and nods her head.

She explains everything to them. How the day started with them getting on the bus, and heading to the USJ. How she was surprised at how big the building actually was, how happy she was to finally see Anan after forever (Thirteen), how a villain teleported them all away… And…

"I-... I killed someone…"

Her parents freeze up. Kasumi notices their expressions stiffen, and starts crying as she continues,

"I remember every one I think I killed. I see their faces before I killed them. I remember by fist crashing into their heads. I remember the awful sounds it made. I can't forget it! I don't understand why they made me do that!"

Kasumi starts breaking down, which makes her parents break out of their shock and start holding her close to them. Makoto wraps his arms around Kasumi in a protective manner, while her mom cradles her head while running her fingers through it trying to get her to calm down.

Zuri remembers when she had to do this before.

One of her friends, known as PowerGirl, was a hero before her death. She remembers the first time her friend had killed someone and how devastating it was to her. Though her friend was well into her 20's when it happened, but her little baby is only 15.

From prior experience, Zuri knew giving her empty words may help her now, but it would come crashing down later. Thus, she just opted to say,

"I'm here. If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here for you. All I can say is that I'm glad you're okay baby."

Makoto nodded his head,

"I agree with her. No matter what you do, you're still our little baby. It was either you or them, and I'd take you any day of the week."

Kasumi cries into her parents hug for a few minutes, before continuing on,

"One of the villains looked like he was gonna kill Tsu. I didn't have any energy left though. Then, I started getting mad. Really mad. It felt like my only goal was to kill that guy no matter the cost. I remember cutting off his arm, and then I think him running away and All Might getting there… Tsu's okay, right?"

Zuri nods her head,

"Other than worrying about you, she's perfectly fine… Well… She did see one of your classmates die, but I think you being hurt had overwritten that."

Kasumi freezes and says,

"Wait… One of us died?"

Zuri nods her head and says,

"A boy named Mineta. They said he was killed instantly."

Kasumi looks down at the blanket on her waist and sighs,

"He's not someone I was close with. Rather, I hated him. But knowing he's dead feels… weird? I guess?"

Zuri nods her head,

"You never talked about him in a good light…"

Kasumi sighs again and asks,

"What about Uraraka?"

Zuri pats her daughters head,

"Don't worry about her. For her, you getting hurt is the worst that happened to her. Luckily, she didn't have any injuries."

Kasumi nods her head,

"Can you guys tell them I'm okay? Deku too?"

Zuri gives her daughter a sly gaze and says,

"Don't worry, I've already told your girlfriends that you're awake. Though, I am a little disappointed that I only learned about you guys after THEY told me."

Kasumi starts sweating and looks away from her mom,

"I-I was gonna tell you. Eventually…"

Zuri chuckles a little and says,

"And here I was thinking my daughter had no love in her heart! Turns out, she's just into girls! I'm glad we didn't take any of those marriage offers. Though, not like we would to begin with. What kind of maniac marries off their kids?"

Kasumi sighs in relief, while Makoto looks at his wife accusingly,

"You never told ME about this!"

Zuri looks at him and says coldly,

"They told ME to begin with. If they wanted you to know they would have told you as well!"

Makoto's face cracks as a tear starts forming in his eye. Kasumi chuckles at her parents' antics, happy that she has them in her life. Eventually, though, all the crying catches up to Kasumi.

*Yawn*

Kasumi rubs her eye to get the yawn tears out of it.

"You can sleep baby, we'll be here all day. We'll tell them to let Tsu and Uraraka up here when they get here."

And thus, Kasumi went to sleep. Tsu and Uraraka eventually arrive just a few minutes before Kasumi wakes up. Tsu jumps into Kasumi's lap and hugs her waist the second she wakes up. Uraraka stands at the bedside and hugs Kasumi's head.

Kasumi relayed all the stuff that happened to her during the attack, including her killing the villains. Tsu didn't have a big reaction, and even seemed slightly happy that she had killed them. Uraraka cared more about what the killing did to Kasumi than what Kasumi did to the dead villains. Tsu had told Uraraka about what happened many days before, so Uraraka already knew the basics of what Kasumi did.

Uraraka and Tsu are just glad that she's okay.

And so, the three spend a few minutes in a loving hug, that Makoto feels awkward being around.

------------------------------

24