Pep Talk
496 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasumi stands at the gate to UA, watching as students walk by her and enter as if nothing had happened. She notices the new defenses on the gate and walls. The gate is now a three tier system, with a thin metal bar gate as the first, a three foot thick iron gate, and the last tier is a four foot thick steel gate. The walls all have cameras staggered every ten feet to cover every inch of the wall, and several heroes now patrol the walls.

Kasumi walks past the gates and her hands start to shake as she remembers everything. She pictures her hand caving holes into the heads of the villains, and the ones who's chests she collapsed gasping for air and begging to live. She pictures the gigantic nomu crushing Tsu's skull, and she imagines Uraraka looking at her like a monster. She doesn't know when, but at some point she started running. She runs off into a corner with no other people and collapses down into her knees with tears streaming down her face.

She hyperventilates as she tries to stop herself from thinking. It takes her about ten minutes to finally stop thinking about it. She stays seated in the isolated corner she found and breathes deeply. She's covered in sweat, tears are covering her face, and she's exhausted. She brings her knees up to her chest and buries her head in them.

(>'-')> <('-'<) ^('-')^ v('-')v(>'-')> ^(^-^)^

Toshinori Yagi just got finished with a meeting the school had, so he decided to go to his isolated spot and rest for a while. When he finally got there, he was shocked to see someone beat him there! He hears her hyperventilating and crying and assumes that she was going through a break up. He hears the crying stop and looks around the corner and sees young Kasumi!

He goes back around the corner and takes a deep breath before taking his buffed up form. He walks into the room with his signature smile and kneels down in front of the girl. He puts his hand on her head and says,

"Young Kasumi."

Kasumi jumps and starts wiping her face before hurriedly standing up.

"A-All Might! Uh- I was just about to get to class."

All Might laughs heartily and says,

"Hahaha! There's no need to worry young Kasumi! I'm not here to lecture you!"

He motions for her to sit back down and then he sits beside her. The two sit in silence for a few seconds as All Might thinks.

"When I was younger, I wanted to be a hero. I mean I still do, but now I've achieved that dream. Anyway, I wanted to be a hero, but I unfortunately was quirkless. Just like young Midoriya. However, I kept fighting to grow stronger. Not literally, but I did work out. Then, one day, my quirk finally awakened. I felt an immense amount of strength filling my muscles and felt like I could take on the world! I hastily jumped into UA and passed the entrance with flying colors. Then, the internships happened. I was the intern of Nana Shimura. I learned under her and for the most part it went by without a hitch. But, villains don't care if you're an intern."

All Might looks forward and sighs,

"I heard a woman scream while I was on patrol with her. Apparently she hadn't heard it, so I snuck off to try and help whoever it was. I walked into an alleyway and saw a woman crouched down behind a dumpster crying. I walked over to her to try and help her, and when my hand touched her shoulder,"

All Might rolls up his sleeve and shows Kasumi a small nearly unnoticeable scar on his forearm,

"She stabbed me in the arm with a knife. When she did that, a primal fear washed over me as I pictured the faces of my parents and my master, and without thinking, I punched her as hard as I could."

He sighs deeply as the smile on his face stiffens.

"Needless to say, she died instantly and I was covered in blood. The look on her face was one of pure shock as if she couldn't comprehend someone fighting back. My master instantly found me vomiting near the corpse. She looked at the womans face and noticed that she was a well known serial killer known as the Weeping Ghost. Her quirk allowed her to phase through seemingly everything with ease, making her nearly impossible to catch. So technically, by taking a life, I saved countless others."

Kasumi nods her head as she listens and asks him,

"How do you forget? I can't stop picturing their faces when I killed them. I hate it."

All Might puts his hand on her shoulder and rubs it.

"I don't forget. I remember the faces of every person I've killed and every civilian I could have saved. I shoulder that burden so the people don't have to. I am ashamed to say it, but sometimes I wake up at night because of the nightmares it causes. However, I keep my head high and smile. Because I know that my actions have kept the citizens safe. The smiling faces of the people I protect overpower those bad memories."

Kasumi thinks for a second and remembers the smiling face of that little boy she protected from that car. She remembers the faces of Tsu and Uraraka smiling at her after she woke up. A warm feeling passes over her chest and a small smile creeps onto her face.

All Might notices her smile and pokes her cheek,

"That right there. That is what keeps me fighting."

A few tears fall from Kasumi's eyes as she looks over to All Might and copies his iconic smile for a few seconds. All Might stands up and holds his hand out to help Kasumi up. He effortlessly pulls her up and pats her shoulder. Kasumi starts to walk away, but turns around and speaks up,

"Thank you All Might."

Kasumi rounds the corner as All Might smiles to himself.

"Haha. Still got it in you old man."

And in a puff of smoke, he turns back into Toshinori Yagi.

"Well, maybe not all of it."

------------------------

27